1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mabinogi/Mabinogi Heroes(vindictus)

Discussion in 'Other games' started by goodyman8, Dec 29, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Both games are related anyway so i didn't bother making 2 seperate threads.
    Both of the games are made by Devcat (which works for nexon).
    Altough im not a huge fan of the way nexon manages things for Mabinogi in EU and NA.
    Vindictus
    Action game set in the same universe as Mabinogi,with this being more of a side story of what happened before they got saved by
    The game has a regular crafting system(gather stuff as drops,throw mine bombs at ore rocks to well,get ore),and since its not an open world game you get on boats with Battle Quests after what you earn skill points,EXP,gold and new recipes to craft.
    Theres a dye system that you can use to give your weapons/armor the colours you like.
    The free version gives a random colour and the NX version gives you a bit more skill.
    There are a 4 classes(which may not be released in all versions).
    Bah to gender locked classes.
    Kai.
    Archer male.
    Karok.
    Brute male.
    Lann.
    Twin swords male.
    Fiona.
    Defensive female(shield+sword).
    Evie.
    Magician female.

Mabinogi.
    MMORPG that doesnt involve 50 million clicks to level up.
    The game has a combat system similar to SMT:Imagine,3 hits and you go down.
    This is a game made in 2004 but still being updated because its popular in the eastern area's.
    The game consists of Generation updates which are 'huge' updates according to nexon.
    Each generation brings with itself a piece of the storyline,which depends what generation you are.
    And each generation gives you a reward for the effort.
    Examples:
    G1 gives you lots of AP and introduction.
    G2 gives you the Paladin transformation and G3 gives you the ability to swap over to Dark Knight.
    There are currently a few transformations in game,all depending on what race you chose.
    Dark Knight.
    Gives you more INT then Paladin so this is considered more of a mage's transformation.
    Paladin.
    Gives you more will so,more of a warriors/archers(?) transformation?
    Demi God.
    Everyone gets this after a certain level,you recharge this transformation by leveling up.
    The current combat types are:martial arts(being tested),Combat(melee/range),magic,alchemy.
    There is a life tab what allows you to train/use non combat skills like Blacksmithing and herbalism.
    I didnt write everything about the game because theres something called wiki for that.

Upcomming martial arts testing.
    So shiny *_*.

2. This games look too damn awesome .... my computer wont handle them

3. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I already made a thread for Mab here http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/mabinogi.2116/ Should have searched before posting goodyman... I think you did a much better job describing it anyway...

anyway I came from Mab to Kag at an online freinds reference, (well actually I forgot the title of it and then saw it on GGsp) but I no longer play it... stupid computer won't download halloween update...

4. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I did search and couldnt find a damn.
    Maybe not thoroughly,but i did my share of doing some rather then none :( .
    You,if you contact their team.
    Can ask for a manual patch or solution of some sorts.
    And rambo,at least bother to check the minimum requirements.
    I didnt think my rig could handle it untill i tried.
    And just press - to reduce lag(their fonts cause lag).
    And i recommend everyone should give mabinogi a shot at least once.
    Its more skill based then extincting animals.

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Mabinogi was alright.. I played on the tarlach server, got to around level 600 or 700, though I mostly afk'd in dunby.
    last time I checked, the game was almost dead, hardly anyone plays it anymore.

6. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Theres a good sum in morrighan if im right

7. Rayne

I figured the other servers probably had more than tarlach, but I'd rather not start over just to play mabi.
    Wouldn't be able to get the mounts again, also wouldn't like getting those levels + 10m in cash again.

I did rather like archery in mabi, when elves came out, I abandoned my character made in g2 and made an elf.

8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Altough EU is having some problems right now,cant wait for G16.

9. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

NECRO POST, IKR

But i've started Vindictus yesterday and it's epic. The season 2 is out since a while and the Vella class come in some weeks/days. :)
    It's gonna be epic.

10. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Dunno about later in the game but having to repeat the same battle a few times and level up before you unlock is a bit* meh.
    Would've hoped they would just open up all areas but with a recommended level and playing while lower makes it hell/less rewarding.

Rayne likes this.
  11. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

wanted to play mabi a long tyme ago but i couldt because it was NA only or something then i remembered tha game and downloaded it i i created a character in alexina server, i liked the game very different to other MMORPG, but i feel alone and no one wants to talk :C

12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

You have to find a guild or something similar.
    And the NA players seem more silent for some reason, oh and laggy combat on NA which is the main reason I quit.
    Did I mention, 5 minute spawn lag in dungeons?

13. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

well when i played i did not have that lag problems, only when opening menus but i think that is a game error

14. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Well it depends on where you live.
    And you can probably only feel the huge difference in lag if you switched from EU to NA because Nexons 'Big plans for mabinogi' which apparently meant WE ARE CLOSING DOWN EU, HERE IS A 5$ COMPENSATION.

xChapx likes this.
  15. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Gayass shit. Vindictus was ruined the moment they added jumping. It destroyed so much of the gameplay and freedom of movement. You would think it would be cooler to jump inthat type of game yea no. I was in Vindictus's closed beta and i played for almost a year i loved the game but they really ruined it.

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Yes, because jumping totally defies physics and really changes gameplay a lot doesn't it?

17. Cerbercre

It did for vindi. You could ask half the playerbase when it cameout everyone was pissed as fuck specially beta players like myself.

18. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Still don't see how it changed anything major.
    Only added 1 more combo which isn't even that great.

19. Cerbercre

It screwed up the old controls everyone was used to. Messed with one of the dodges, i haven't played in a while so they might of changed it a bit but i'm stating from what i experienced.

20. Rayne

playing this (mabinogi) again w/ cerb areo and warrfork

add outlawrayne or Jesty ingame if you want to join us, tarlach server.

Cerbercre likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi