1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Topia Online

Discussion in 'Other games' started by xChapx, Dec 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

[​IMG]
    Topia online is an Indie MMORPG it is in closed beta stage and started a kickstarter recently
    The Features and stuff
    • it is a player run game so all the rules, cities, shops, items,weapons,clothes,furniture etc. are made by players.
    • As i said you can build anything you want "houses, dungeons,inn,jails everything you can imagine!
    • Players controll all the "races" or "monsters" (there are about 12 and each one haves sub races and evolutions).
    • it haves permadeath (YEA).
    • The game haves a built in scripting system that lets you program AI and other actions
    • And more...
    Website and Kickstarter
    The website and kickstarter page haves complete information, and you can sign in the closed beta, rightnow you cant play the game but there are some sandboxes so you can try the features, also visit the forums there is a lot of information there.
    Vids

PumpkingSlice, Beef, Cadbury and 7 others like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Fuck yeah, can't wait to play!

WanderMark and xChapx like this.
  3. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

I AM THE SLIME KING!

lehoon, UnnamedPlayer and Arcite like this.
  4. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

NO I AM

5. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Interesting! However, I doubt that you can trust players for everything. Imagine griefed cities, scamming merchants... they are playing with fire, aren't they?

Arcite likes this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

We at Action Enterprises trust each other completely, and will wreck your shit if you fuck with us.

:B)::flex:

7. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Delicious Pixel boobies 2d Games! Heh. :)

8. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

I'll keep an eye on this.

LadyHawk and Arcite like this.
  9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Tons of potential, but also tons of potential to fuck it all up horribly. That said, Im pulling for them.

10. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

I got hooked on the third video.
    Naked swordfencing on a beach? Fuck yes.

GreenRock and ToxicArcher like this.
  11. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Someone else pointed me to this before, and it looks pretty damn cool. I look forward to it.

12. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Jeez just looking into this game gets me hooked can't wait to try it out. I'd love to play with you guys btw we could totally troll the shit out of people if they dont listen to our ways of life in-game. :B):

arcanecat, xChapx and Noburu like this.
  13. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Okay, I really want to see this come into fruition in the best way possibly. Currently it is trending reach only 66% of its pledged goal, a number that will hopefully skyrocket over the coming days.

I am really getting into this whole Kickstarter thing...

Edit: Holy shit am I getting hyped up over this. Wow. I love the graphics!

xChapx likes this.
  14. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

That's the whole point though. The devs will be playing the game the same way everyone else will be too.
    It's up to the players to make laws and stop bandits. Just view griefers as bandits and criminals. Towns and kingdoms will deal with them accordingly.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  15. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

And thats where town/city laws come in play, hope this kickstarter gets noticed, and funded more than their intended goal :).

xChapx and BlueLuigi like this.
  16. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

They hopefully will get a lot more traffic this weekend. RockPaperShotgun does a kickstarter katchup every Saturday. I would expect them to list this tomorrow.

Beef likes this.
  17. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Your petty concerns of mere criminals matter not in the face of the Slimepocolypse.

All Shall Be Dissolved.

Monsteri, xChapx and Noburu like this.
  18. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Hm... self-moderation would be a great thing to have indeed. After all, Wikipedia is still up. However, you can't simply "undo" a pile of smoking ruins, and guards can't be everywhere to prevent it before it happens either. We would need a vast majority of legal players, and this is the internet... :huh?:
    Anyways, I do hope it works, because the concept has certainly a great potential.

19. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

I see this as real life in the past, no rules that anybody could enforce. The danger of dying whenever you slept or just walked to a town was very high, all we have to do is watch our backs and it should all be fine.

xChapx likes this.
  20. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Join the irc at quakenet #topiaonline, by the way. KAG is currently dominating the playerbase between Mole and Action (We call it Maction), let's get more of you unaffiliated jerks in as cannon fodder as respectable members of our city.

Rayne, Monsteri and Noburu like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi