1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Topia Online

Discussion in 'Other games' started by xChapx, Dec 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

Did it take a lot of time for them to give you a beta key or whatever they give?

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

... Did you flip out over the stackable slimes anouncement? I'm the lord of WMDs :P

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

two words

slime. girls.

Fate, Bammboo, Boxpipe and 4 others like this.
  4. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

The first beta test wave may be at 24 of December, so none of us got any beta keys atm.
    Everyone who pledged to the kickstarter will get a permanent beta key on January

Boxpipe, superpokes and Beef like this.
  5. Swift_Demon

Swift_Demon Tree Planter

10/10 Would play, Just signed up for a beta Key. I'll let my 7.4k Facebook page know about this game if i get accepted quickly.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Going to wait and see what happens after kickstarter ends.
    Can probably pay with paypal when they start accepting stuff through their websites.

7. wastedfate

wastedfate Catapult Fodder

You can. Though pledging through the kickstarter is preferred, if it doesn't get funded, you never get charged.

8. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

I would have pledged yesterday but today I found out that my girlfriend is broke and now I gotta feed us on my own till April. Life sucks being a lowly university student... I should have become a f*cking plumber.

Anyway maybe there's a good side to all this - they said the game will be 25$ and to get it right now I need to pledge 25$ as well... so the problem is obvious - whatever small pledge I could potentially make now surely won't make the difference of whether or not they get it funded. Since I can't save any money by pledging now anyway, the rational thing for me to do is actually to not pledge and wait until release to see if people say that it sucks or if it's actually still good once a few thousand guys are trolling the hell out of the servers. Because in case it gets funded I can get it for the same price later on without the risk that it turns out bad and I wasted my moneys.

Don't get me wrong I'd love it if this game succeeds and becomes real good :)

9. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Regaring to your profile picture, plumbers don't wear ties.

In regard of not derailing the topic: This game is walking a very fine line. It could turn out really bad and unfriendly to any new players, but I'm keeping my tabs on it.

10. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

ooh...this looks nice C:

11. UnnamedPlayer

Some news for you folks:

Topia Kickstarter is officially dead and will be shut down. It will be replaced with a pay system where you will be able to transfer the same amounts to get the same benefits through their website, using paypal or amazon.

If you want to try topia but is too cheap concerned about the qualities of your games before buying, please post here and I will get you a temporary beta key. This key will allow you to play 100% of time during beta for free, but it will expire once beta is over.

Also, new video:

12. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

Hey! I'm not cheap, just broke! :no::gold:X3

Jokes aside, I'd take you up on that beta key offer - why wouldn't I, the game looks really interesting and is a completely fresh idea with great potential. Which could prove to be a problem as well but I guess we'll have to wait and see. :thumbs_up:

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  13. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

I think almost all of use are broke here after Christmas. I would like a beta key but give it to Chaos-Knight, I believe he'll make more use of it. Looking forward to buying this game in the future when I have the money X3, but if anybody else has an extra key then you know... feel free to pm it to me.

14. UnnamedPlayer

I will get three keys to share with my pledge, so no problem getting you both one. ;)
    I will PM you guys when the beta start.

Chaos-Knight and FlamingDragon96 like this.
  15. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

Really nice of you, I'm looking forward to it :)

Maybe we can manage to meet in-game and get a little settlement going.

16. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

This looks really interesting, I'm tempted to just pull the trigger and buy it.

Mods: BlueLuigi