1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Team Strategies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SlyStalker, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Door fort.

2. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

We mustn't speak of that weapon.

Beelzebub, Kyzak, SlyStalker and 9 others like this.
  3. airvortex

airvortex Catapult Fodder

Going solo can be a brilliant strategy though. For example: you rush ahead and bypass all of the other teams defences like a baws (guilty of this on MANY occasions) then the other team is spending time trying to take down you instead of your teammates. Which, depending on the noobness of your team, your teammates can exploit to gain ground. Also going solo is good practice for when your entire team dies around you and you have to win the game for them against a fully ticketed team. (Not to brag, but I've done this a few times)

4. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

I actually just got back from a game where I flew over to the other base on a bomb, then flew all the way back by everyone slashing my shield at once. Flag = Capped and Game = Won. Team efforts are only good in knight clusterfucks, even then though that risks a bomb ending the whole group.

airvortex likes this.
  5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think you mean more macro than this, but when I used to play with Carver a lot we had some nice little synergies.

For example I would always play cataknight and he'd be archer, and we could use the catapult to carry each other while using our mobility options. For example he could pick me up with the cata and arrow climb, or I could pick him up and bomb jump and we could help each other on to towers and on chasms.

There were other things we'd do as well, like me shielding him in an archer fight of course and also times where I'd scout ahead for him and tell him where his shot is landing, so he could adjust it and start putting shafts through an archer port without even having to come close enough to see it. In direct combat I'd do less jabbing and more shield bashing so that Carver could finish him off and I wouldn't even have to expose myself.

6. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Yes i do mean more macro than that but everybody pairing up is actually a good idea. like Reudh said, you die less easily.

7. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

That's some Bonnie and Clyde shit right der. Sounds like true love to me :heart:

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

That's the main reason I stack with my clan when I play. Overlord's a kickass knight, Cough's an excellent archer, and I'm a damned good builder. By ourselves, we're likely to get a few kills, push the front line, or erect and hold a good midpoint fort. But when we travel together? Towers crumble to our might.

9. cdog3773

cdog3773 Ballista Bolt Thrower

pincer attack all powerful
    </br>--- merged: Dec 18, 2012 1:30 AM ---</br>
    to bad very little people have the brains to take the opportunity

10. SlyStalker

I think the problem is these n00bs that think that they're so badass that they can take on the world. Some can, most don't. They keep wasting the team's tickets by the dozens. Even worse, they go out by themselves! O.O
    </br>--- merged: Dec 18, 2012 1:46 AM ---</br>
    what do you mean by pincer attack??? yes, they are certainly powerful but theres one small problem: KAG is 2D, which makes it impossible to mount a picer attack, unless you mean a vertical pincer attack. i have no idea how that works. :huh?:

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I think he means like this:

:sword::B): --> :sword::QQ: <-- :sword::D

12. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

He means a flanking manuver, launching knights into the enemy's castle/ or wall, and attacking with another ground force of knights and builders.

cdog3773 likes this.
  13. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

I am a fan of the 1 man army.

14. Dark_Centurion

Dark_Centurion Builder Stabber

Yeah, it's nice to know I've got admirers when I'm roflstomping noobs, Brilly. :p

SlyStalker likes this.
  15. SlyStalker

aahh i see, yes the pincer attack really is powerful, but unless the main attacking force can reach the 'commando' force (the ones behind the lines) quickly enough, they're dead meat. realistically, you can only launch knights into the base with catas because only knights have shields to parachute in, so its not like they can scale towers or anything. so unless you launch them into the right spot, they're basically sitting around doing nothing. also, there's a logistical problem. how do you get a group of knights into the enemy base quickly all at once. you might say, catas. but, how are you going to get 3, for example, catas plus their operators into position and launching at the same time? ok, so you might then say, launch them one at a time, but if you do that, there is a REALLY HIGH chance that they will all get killed really really quickly. but you have a point there. if the team could pull the trick off, it would definitely work.

16. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

There is a reason I prioritize slaughtering builders over knights.

(I am referring, of course, to their OP hammer, and definitely not the fact that they can ladder over your shit)

17. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Cat and Mouse server is proof of this.

If a builder has the guts to swing their hammer, everything but sitting in the corner with your shield is useless and lets others own you. Contrary is proof of this too.

Contrary likes this.
  18. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

cat and mouse has a lot of individual strategies such as
    hide behind semi destroyed trap doors
    lure them into an area and collapse blocks on them
    several times it was 2 knights vs me while my time ran away and i won

19. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Or just go in hammers blazing because it takes 4 stabs to kill a mouse and 6 hits to kill a cat. That's almost as if the cats don't even have an advantage. Also, if the mouse team just sat in a hole and swung their hammers together, they are almost invincible. Team builder strats: Make everyone rage.