1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is performance getting lower in the engine update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kripis, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Kripis

Kripis Drill Rusher

Because I can barely run the game at 40ish fps, so I'm hoping it doesn't drop to 20 when the big updates comes...

2. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I'm finding the servers are getting more Laggy since the recent updates

3. airvortex

airvortex Catapult Fodder

Though I am a free player (wish I was prem though >.>) I haven't really noticed much difference, despite my comp being somewhat slower since August.

4. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Yeh, only for on the RTDM servers that I find it being more laggy. It can be really anoying. Im sure they will work on it though, well atleast I hope so. :huh?:

5. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

There have been occasional instances where my client freezes up (but the sounds keep playing) for a second or two, but other than that I have had no game performance issues.

6. You are lucky, mine never go above 30 :(.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

The fps is hardcode capped at 30..

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Unless you remove it manually ;)

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

My fps is with luck 20. In big lag servers it's 3 lol.
    First it always was 10 but the /v_bpp 16 and /v_showminimap 0 helped :D

10. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

HOW? :huh?:

Would be so awesome to utilize my 120hz monitor with KAG, hate the choppy mouse movements.

11. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

KAG doesn't really eat up a lot of memory at once. You could always try buying another graphics card, I have a GTX 550 ti.

12. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Already PMed you already, but for the benefit of others it's worth noting that the human eye can only perceive up to about 60fps as far as I remember, anything over that and you wouldn't detect it anyway.

*edit* Although looking around that seems to a bit of an over simplified answer, interesting discussion here about it http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=61181 After reading siome of that though I wouldn't have thought a game like KAG would really benefit from a stupidly high framerate anyway, and if your into the 8-bit graphics would probably take away from that feel a bit anyway.

13. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

You can definitely see the difference between 60hz and 120hz with your eye when moving the mouse around quickly.

Anyway I found the option but can't disable it.
    I found it in KAG/Base/Scripts/autoconfig.gm

If you open this file with a text editor, the second line says:
    global k_rendersync = 1; // Sync rendering FPS with game ticks ~ 30FPS

So I changed the 1 for a 0 - problem is it doesn't register this setting in the game.

I tried to open the command menu with the "Home" button during a solo sandbox game and typed in:

/k_rendersync 0;

but when i type /help afterwards and search for the k_rendersync entry it still says 1

What am I doing wrong?
    https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Commands
    ^ here it says "Rest of the commands (may need cleanup/updating)" - but how do I cleanup/update???

14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

They mean the page needs cleanup/updating

Chaos-Knight likes this.
  15. stig700

stig700 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i have a laptop and get 30-60 fps'ish but i need a coolplate else it is a frying pan but 20 fps how what pc do yuo have??!