1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Will Kag always be free? (Yes)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SlyStalker, Dec 25, 2012.

?

Do you think that KAG will always be available for free?

1. Hell yeah

81.5%
  2. No way

18.5%
  1. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

With KAG going into beta, it may not be long at all until the KAG game devs decide to make us all pay for the game. I'm a little worried at this prospect, because my parents don't want me to spend money online :(

2. i'ma buy it in the near future...but i think it will always be free for anyone to play :)

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

F2Ps aren't missing much lol. I only play on f2p servers myself.

HardPenguin, Rayne, Cirom and 3 others like this.
  4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

There will always be KAG classic for you cheap assholes poor fools unfortunate souls who cannot afford KAG gold.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Xlayer, Beef and 8 others like this.
  5. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

If you mail me $20 bucks cash I can gift you premium.

6. Villekille707

Villekille707 Shipwright

Yeah, from what I've read they will leave free KAG as it is. Premium (gold) KAG will be updated with a whole new engine and gameplay stuff and classic KAG will stay unupdated and free for anyone.

7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

when i searched about kag a little when i first time played it, i saw a post in the forums it said that the game wotn be free forever. sry guys, but theres still other cool games. ;)

8. thebonesauce

Uhm, yes it is. Geti has made it very clear that KAG Classic will always be free. The premium features obviously cost money. Why don't you show me where the devs said it's not gonna be free2play anymore?

To quote Geti (one of the devs) from this thread;

Beef, Cirom and Villekille707 like this.
  9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

it was a year ago. the title was Why dont kag remain free? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! or something...

10. thebonesauce

That was a thread started by some random individual who played the game. Not the developers. EDIT: Also, from what I understand from one of MM's posts, it was made by a community member who wanted gold servers before gold servers were even a thing.(END EDIT) I can't find the particular thread in question, but the quote I pulled out was from no longer than two weeks ago, whereas yours was twelve months ago.

Please, rumors fly far around these parts. Don't go making assumptions and present them to the public unless you're SURE they're true.

GalenMarek and Beef like this.
  11. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

KAG will more than likely be free to play but to have more fun and more perks premium is the way to go!

12. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

So basically, a while after the Scripting update, the entire KAG Classic will become F2P? (including Zombie Fortress)
    Sweet. Though it's not like Premiums get much more at the moment (kegs, lanterns, light, hats, zombies.. what else?), it's nice to give the Free players a bit more when the Premiums get a while new scripting EXE to work with.

13. thebonesauce

No, as far as I understand ZF is still pKAG. When I'm talking about cKAG, I'm referring to what f2p people have already. They're able to play on CTF/RTDM servers, but not gold servers.

Beef likes this.
  14. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

This just implies that everything in the Classic EXE (ie: Zombie Fortress, WAR, kegs, etc.) will also be released for free.
    That's why I came to the conclusion I did.

15. thebonesauce

But since when was Zombie Fortress ever considered classic? KAG classic is and always has referred to normal vanilla CTF and RTDM.

16. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I'm fairly certain that all current premium content in classic KAG will be availiable without purchase once pKAG is officially out.

17. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

Kegs, zombies and water isn't classic and you all know it, Geti will say this sooner or later.

SlyStalker likes this.
  18. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I thought the term classic only started knocking about after news of the new engine came about? Until then I was under the impression it just got called free or vanilla or whatever, probably talking out my arse though. Hope the gold-classic or whatever the fuck it is stuff does come out for free after release of the new game though.

19. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

The way I've seen it, the two EXEs are referred as "KAG Classic" (The current one we're all using, the ENTIRE EXE) and "KAG Full" (Though more commonly called "The Scripting Build") What I don't get is why would Geti say that he was "planning on releasing all of Classic for free" if it only counts for the parts already released? The sentence becomes redundant, basically "Oh here, have this thing you already have."

20. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I dont know but i just enjoy playing the game in general.