1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(REQUEST) Lovecraftian texture pack.

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by farcry11, Nov 18, 2012.

1. farcry11

farcry11 Shark Slayer

So recently I've been reading a lot of Lovecraft. The stories have this awesome atmosphere, particularly "The Shadow Over Innsmouth". I like these stories so much, I thought "why not bring Lovecraft in to my favorite game via texture pack?". Unfortunately, I'm a shitty pixel artist, so I'm hoping someone could take on this project and make my dream a reality. For anyone willing to try, here are my ideas for it.

(these ideas are based mainly on The Shadow Over Innsmouth"
    •The knight would be a villager armed with a machete or pitchfork, a durable leather jacket, jeans indicating the players team, and workboots. The weapon would double as the shield.

•The archer would be a farmer like villager armed with a shotgun or rifle. He would wear overalls, with an undershirt indicating his/ her team.

•The builder would be a muscle bound individual armed with a sledgehammer. He would wear jeans and a wifebeater indicating his/her team.

•Zombies could be undead villagers, skeletons could be more frail looking corpses, wraiths could be flying abominations, and Z-Knights could be Cthulhu.

•The background would either be the town of Innsmouth or the New England coastline.

•Trees could be telephone poles or twisted, knotty trees.

•Stone could be bricks.Wood would be more dirty or rotten looking.

•Water would have a dirtier, swampier coloring.

I couldn't think of anything for the catapult. If anyone decides to do this or wants to contribute more ideas, leave a post! Thanks, and good luck!

2. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Farcry, I think I might help you out. But I will not be making the sprites myself, just attempt once again the sprites and send them to me for a bit of retouching.

farcry11 likes this.
  3. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Here's a remake of the classic tree to suit the theme you might be going for. To be honest I've never read the books and all my inspiration came from looking up lovecraft on deviantART. :p

tree example3.png
    tree example1.png
    tree example2.png

I'd really like to help with this, but perhaps you could post some pictures of the villagers and skeletons and that kind of thing.

Update: Begginings of knight:

lovecraft knight.png

farcry11 and TheWids like this.
  4. farcry11

farcry11 Shark Slayer

Oh wow, it's been a while since I've checked up on this, I actually got replies!

Gonf, those trees and that knight sprite look really good, I'd love to see what else you've got in store! As for sprites, in response to both of you, I'll try again on those sprites. Hopefully I can get them posted soon, if they come out in a non-eye-raping form.