1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mount Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wired, May 5, 2012.

?

Do you want mounts in the game?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Other (Please specify below)

8 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Only if it's Pinkie Pie. Totes should have Rainbow Dash flying across the map when someone wins the game.

I don't really like the idea of mounts. They wouldn't fit the blocky manner of the game too well, and they would most likely lag the shit out of everything. Vehicles would be fun though, and that's luckily the direction KAG is going to. Boats, ballistas, catapults, saws, airscrews, galleons..

Demon_Jester and Froghead48 like this.
  2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

it would be cool be if you can bomb jump into a knight riding a mount, knock them off and ride into the sunset...
    (into a pit)

NightRaid104 likes this.
  3. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I wanna see a bunch of lancers riding horses fighting each other. That would be the most epic match ever. Then i could scream for Narnia and feel proud of it.

I3lue, TheGrimReaper and NightRaid104 like this.
  4. when the mounts and lancers come it will be great for rush attacks
    it would be pretty nice for archers and workers to be able to ride on the back of the horse with the lancer but not control it so they can get around fast, like this it would add some more team work in to the game (like how knights some times need builders to make ladders for towers).

also:
    i wanna see it to ;-;
    a whole server dedicated to having only flat-map death matches with lancers charging in to the front lines, archers raining arrows down on the enemy and knights advancing quickly behind the clashing of mounts and riders...
    cant wait XD

Guitarman likes this.
  5. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

i think it should be neat to see thats all i have to say.

6. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Oh dear, who blew the dust off of this forum post, sheesh. Still waiting on the mounts for this game.

7. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

Of course yes :D

8. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

honestly i feel that mounts in kag would be a bit weird... considering the blocky nature of the land and how drastic some hills are, these mounts would need super jumps to be any better than just jumping up it normally, and that'd be weird to see a bison jumping like that.

I3lue and RampageX like this.
  9. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I agree. I would like see them as i said earlier but i dont think they will be used all that often to an advantage.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The answer, of course, is to replace the bison with SQUIGS! :D

[​IMG]

11. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

Yes, let the squig invasion begin! It would be cool if the squig could eat you :D

12. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

I've been gone for a few months, but i do recall Geti or someone back when i was active that they were going to put in slanted blocks.

NightRaid104 and TheGrimReaper like this.
  13. kinda makes scene but wouldn't it look a bit weird? i still think the idea of mounts able to climb 1 block sounds better so if a lancer needs to get his mount over a small hill he can jump off and try dig some blocks for it to go over or if it were a big hill he'd need a builder to make a tunnel of some sort

also do they plan to add fall damage to mounts? cause it would be funny to see a bison fall on to some tower raiders and kill everyone including it's self. XD

14. Horses would be cool though it would look rather awkward like Rayne and everyone has pointed out.

15. Call_of_duty_guy

Call_of_duty_guy Shopkeep Stealer

what about zergs? cost 10 gold 2 hearts a little bit faster than land units like builders, jumps 3 blocks high, seems reasonable right? except not actually call them zergs :L

16. lagiacruswhite

lagiacruswhite Catapult Fodder

if there are horses, there should be a special server for horse races, and you can bet money on the races (or race for a jackpot) and use the money to buy armor that looks different (but no armor that increase health) on that note, maybe duels? with the same betting system as i mentioned earlier.

I think mounts would be a good idea, but i have a feeling that everyone would just go lancer for the novelty of it and the whole map would just be full of horses, maybe if there is a limit of 2 lancers on each side a game? also, in the vein of http://uk.ign.com/games/mount-blade-warband/pc-14331957 (i fail at hyperlinks) the lancer while only sitting still on his horse will do little damage, but if you charge on your horse it can do more than the typical knight, also, give the lancer a weapon about as powerful as the hammer to use for combat when not on a horse

17. BlackFired

BlackFired Catapult Fodder

Being able to spawn and ride the Bison would be awesome

18. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

Augh, if they made rideable catapults, it's gonna be cake (or :bison: :D) for the moders to muster something up ...

BlackFired likes this.
  19. Aftermath

Aftermath Shipwright

Do you want mounts in the game?
    Yes
    What mounts do you want in game?
    Balrog, Demonic Horse, Bears and a Eagle for the archers (but It only goes 4 blocks high)
    What's your dream mount?
    My dream mount would have to be The Balrog from LOTR but Blue, So it's an Ice Balrog
    Should all classes be aloud mounts or just melee or range?
    Well For range I would only want a Eagle like I said before that should only go up 4 Blocks
    and for Melee; Ground Mounts, Like bears etc.

20. lagiacruswhite

lagiacruswhite Catapult Fodder

I like this game because it isn't full to the brim with magic bullshit, countless games have turned me away because I can't see anything through all the magic rays, so no demonic horses please, and I don't think an eagle can carry someone, especially with some light Armour on top, bears may be a decent idea because they are in fact native to Britain, which is where the legend of king Arthur takes place, but I don't really know any bears that would let you ride them, I think KAG should have a kind of 'hat' system where if you kill a certain amount of enemies you can unlock a cool mount, like different breeds of horse, bears and deer (male)

BlackFired likes this.