1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official Server Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirSalami, Jan 1, 2013.

1. fiddy

fiddy Bison Rider

How could you know , you never play :eek:

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Biggest problem on US CTF: No lives and no respawn. It's really more of an RTDM because of it. No point in having flags cause you can just kill everyone to win easily.

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

CTF fixed: Unlimited lives, no time limit, generous materials at the beginning, 90 sec warm-up.
    GoldCTF fixed: Catapult added.

4. Malakhaj

Malakhaj Horde Gibber

One big issue about the stats. They tend to randomly reset and sometimes when you log in - you have random stats ( probably belonging to a player that just left? ). And yes; I know that when you log off stats stay for some time, I`m talking bout pure randomness of starting stats and random resets of them to a different ammount of kills/deaths/score. Not sure if adding rankings is a good idea until this is fixed.

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

This isn't a bug at these servers but a global bug.

6. Malakhaj

Malakhaj Horde Gibber

And as a global bug it will affect those servers too, right ?:)

7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Every server, so next time post it on Mantis (bugs.kag2d.com)

HardPenguin likes this.
  8. Malakhaj

Malakhaj Horde Gibber

I know it is not the place to report bugs, just wanted to remind that stats feature as for now will be flawed from the begining and will lead to frustration and despair :( until it is fixed

9. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Stats sites are not flawed in any way because of the way they were designed. when you kill someone or complete a simmiliar action, a line is sent to the console "lavalord gibbed sirsalami". The stats parser then reads this as a kill for me and a death for sirsalami. Since all the stats are only read from the console and not the player logs (which record the buggy stats), the stats are always acurate.

FuzzyBlueBaron and CheeseMeister like this.
  10. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Sweet luv these servers just my fit great work kag community

11. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

7 new maps, made by Contrary, were added to RTDM rotation yesterday. Well balanced, fun, and nice to look at. Give them a try!

Quimbo, Razi, HardPenguin and 6 others like this.
  12. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That's the overall plan as KAG grows, and seclevs were an important step in doing that

Don't forget that if you ever have an issue, you can come call a guard on IRC in #kag on quakenet

fiddy, Razi and HardPenguin like this.
  13. Furai

Side note: From now on all the servers are run under GDB. This will hopefully help us fix servers' crashes.

HardPenguin and Razi like this.
  14. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Ooooh! That's great news! I approve much :)
    P.S. I hope you also remember about engine and client non-fixed bugs

15. Furai

Small hotfix for servers pushed by MM. Zombies should be now more stable. After I'll get some time I'll update the servers. Also all server owners should update their servers - it's not a critical fix but may increase stability of your servers.

HardPenguin and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Was there a update without a build push?

17. Furai

18. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

19. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I'm glad that there will be the dev team and royal guard to make the game more fun and fair cause a lot of people in the other servers can become real assholes. lol:)

20. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

Sounds kewl.