1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG 1.0 Classes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SlyStalker, Jan 8, 2013.

1. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

in KAG 1.0, how many classes are there? and if known, what are their specialties? i know there is a lancer, that is a horseback melee class, and a barbarian, a really strong footslogger melee class, but not sure about the archers. also, that assasin guy looks pretty cool. btw does anyone know what the new class progression system will be like?

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

Are you talking about the overworld? Or something else?

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Where does it say that those are the future classes?

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

They were just concept classes for overworld. Which is not happening. So atm no one knows the future planned classes, if any at all.

Boxpipe and Strife like this.
  5. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

There apparently will be more classes, but details are few and far between at this time.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I really doubt they've had the time to mess around with them, if they're not in I'm sure the sprites are gonna be available to mod them in though.

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Classes can be modified by scripters. I've actually made my own class already.

If you'd like new classes learn how to script in the KAG engine, and then make some. The developers priorities are getting the new version to a stable point currently. New classes are fairly low on the priorities list.

8. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

Hey McWhiskey, has documentation for the scripting system been made available yet? Would it be challenging to learn for someone with little programming experience?

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

I don't think so. Just use a premade class, copy it, and then edit it to your desire.

Boxpipe and Viken like this.
  10. potatomcwhiskey

Pretty much, if you have a basic understanding of programming then you will be fine. If you lack a basic understanding of programming then you can use a website like Udacity.com to learn some basic programming in a structured enviroment for free.

Boxpipe and Viken like this.
  11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Scripting

Boxpipe, Froghead48 and Viken like this.
  12. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I'm not too big on modding yet, due to my lack of knowledge, but am severely interested in working with KAG scripts. However, don't we have to wait till they actually release 1.0? Would it make sense to commit to a project if the new engine is going to be, well, completely new?

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

builder knight archer

Boxpipe likes this.
  14. SlyStalker

I was actually talking about KAG 1.0...

anyway, what do you guys mean by 'overworld'?

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

16. potatomcwhiskey

There are two versions of Kag I know of. KAG classic which is the current thing you are all playing and KAG scripting build.

Overworld was the grand plan for KAG before the developers realised that their time could be better spent building the game from scratch in order to facilitate a much better wealth of features, gamemodes alongside much better modding support. They're essentially opening up their game to anyone with an idea, basic programming skill and a can do attitude.

Try not to remind anyone overworld, its a bit like ravenholm; we don't go there anymore.

Boxpipe, blukey and zollie20 like this.
  17. SlyStalker

Oh no, I wasn't even aware of this 'Overworld'! I mean KAG 1.0, the version which is featured in the recent videos on the dev blog. You know, with the vids about farming, building boats, etc... Apparently there is going to be some degree of class progression. It even says so on the dev blog!

Boxpipe likes this.
  18. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I also was talking about kag 1.0 lol

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Wait until KAG 1.0 comes out before modding, but in the meantime you can get your programming basics down. A good start is Googling some simple C++ programming tutorials (preferably with a game programming theme). Learn about functions, variables, and data structures and you'll know just about everything you need to know in order to mod.

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

Or you can be like most of us and let others do the hard work and enjoy the results. yay progress.

Boxpipe, Force, Villekille707 and 2 others like this.