1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Going up in the ranks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sheek, Jan 11, 2013.

1. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

So how does one become an admin?

lavalord likes this.
  2. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Depends on the server owner, some have their own threads on the forum which you can apply on. On other servers they pick those who they deem friendly and helpful. Other servers are ran by complete retards and only admin their best buds, then go on massive abusing sprees.

Bly, PixieKeira and inactive_account like this.
  3. RobertStephenson

RobertStephenson Builder Stabber

It all depends on the server young padawan.

4. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

If you're taking about becoming a Guard, see the FAQ written by the handsome + intelligent SirSalami here.

As for specific server administration, it's really contextual; One's pretty spot-on with his summary, because some server owners are great and others are horrid. As general advice, playing a lot on a particular server is bound to get you noticed, though that won't be a good thing if you have a bad attitude. You can also apply directly in a server's thread, but the former begets the latter, I would think.

arcanecat likes this.
  5. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Ok thanks so for some servers it just depends on who other people pick?

6. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Yes. The server owner picks the admins for his/her server.

7. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Exactly, and on some of the most popular servers like Australian CTF it can be about who has been really active on the server or amount of kills or who can moderate really well and have expierence on owning servers.

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

And if you're asking about becoming an admin on the forums, well, there are various ways. I know I saxed chins with Furai for two days and a knight, but Rayne still won't talk about his time in the basement. I think Kouji did something involving hullahoops and lime juice... :huh?:

AcidSeth, Bly, PumpkingSlice and 11 others like this.
  9. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

All I know is, in a certain server, it requires paypal or a photo of your breasts disregarding whatever gender you are.

10. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Lol ok I would much rather send a picture of my nipples then pay money to keep some dumb asses in line.

11. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Lol nice one there funny anyways u jave to be good friends or show ur skill of catching griefers and stuff

sheek likes this.
  12. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

u jave to be good friends or show ur skill of catching griefers and stuff

arcanecat likes this.
  13. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You have to show that you are worthy of respect.

You also have to be cool.

14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Play on the server a lot, become friendly with the server owner and other admins, send a PM to the server owner inquiring about admins... That's how I got to be an admin on Beo's servers. I usually play on Beo's CTF in the early morning, and I just PMed him. I simply said, "Hello! I don't know if you need server admins, but I always play on the server and would be more than happy to help with administration." blah blah blah what everyone else said.

Some places, the admins are all buddy buddy and they like killing people using editor, breaking bedrock over the enemy team. These people are children, and the cancer of KAG.

15. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Ok ya that makes a lot of sense. Also, bonesauce, do clans such as MOLE or others ever do like recruiting?

16. Yeah I guess become the best player on the server donate some maps become good friends with the owner and stuff also Panasonic For the 50 time stop spamming chats just to get messages, It gets annoying. Also sheek maybe congratulate them on that being your fav sever, Bur you have to mean it:).

Another option is making your own server or going on forums 24/7 and helping people when they need it but don't spam.

Hope This helps and good luck to whatever server you may become admin on
    :D

17. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Sure, tons of clans recruit. MOLE actually just went through a recruiting phase, and who knows. Maybe somewhere down the line we'll do another inactive member purge. NO PROMISES THOUGH.

18. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

ok awesome thanks for the help