1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Saverous' Modding Guide for Newbies

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Saverous, Jun 5, 2012.

?

Which Mods have you attempted from this guide?

1. Spawning Bisons

13.3%
  2. Making Nukes

13.3%
  3. Get Builders in Swordfight

8.9%
  4. Get other classes into sandbox

11.1%
  5. New shops in Zombie Survival

8.9%
  6. Saverous! make another guide! i've done this already!

44.4%
  1. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

This shouldn't be the Director's problem. It should be a problem with their .cfg files. I'm not a very big expert on actor files. Maybe ask Mechatrickster because his a better expert on actor files.

2. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I just realized the problem by looking at my working bison. The default bison is facing right when all zombie sheets face left. If a zombie sheet is facing left it cannot attack. The Devs probably did this to make us :(. The only way for it to attack is to flip image horizontally and edit the frames in the config. (It wont work in Multiplayer unless other players have same image yaddaydaaddayadda)
    So you can't actually have bisons in a public server until they're officially released. You can have arms and chickens if that will cheer you up!

Doc22 and Bunnyboy like this.
  3. Saverous

You know you could just ask BC, he has working Chicken and arms.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 25, 2012 7:38 AM ---</br>
    ANYONE WANTING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MODDING:
    https://forum.kag2d.com/cz-groups/aom-academy-of-modders.475/group-detail
    join this group

4. Doc22

Doc22 Builder Stabber

Thanks Mecha! It's too bad the dev's made it backwards. :QQ: Just as a note to the devs.... PLEASE FLIP THE BISON IMAGE IN THE NEXT UPDATE SO IT WILL WORK!!!
    I think I can add a working chicken and arm, I was just having trouble with bison. I know BC and I'll ask him if I have trouble!

OH ALSO, HOW DO YOU MAKE ZOMBIES FLOAT IN WATER?

5. MechaTrickster

Theres no buoyancy (Isn't that the word?) variable yet but you can lower their gravity in the configs. They might jump a bit higher though.

6. Doc22

Doc22 Builder Stabber

Ok, thanks!

7. Saverous

Oh and zombies dosen't appear to be affected by water. They can't die because they have no breath.

8. KingGoldZX

KingGoldZX Shopkeep Stealer

sav ca

9. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

The rope and the pully aren't officially in the game yet, so I don't think you can.
    Also the inventory isn't officially in the game, either.

10. Doc22

Doc22 Builder Stabber

What is the future function of a rope and pulley? I know they aren't in, but what will they do?

11. KingGoldZX

KingGoldZX Shopkeep Stealer

its an elevator and also helps u grab supplies and transfer them rope will do diffrent things in da future like traps and levers right now u can grab it dats all

12. MechaTrickster

You should watch the videos the devs put up on youtube. Rope is going to work like scribblenauts gum/glue/rope/chain at least thats what it seems it'll work like. You attach it to things and if I'm correct use it to build a boat.

13. 00crossfire

00crossfire Shopkeep Stealer

Saverous i can't find my swordfight singleplayer in place u said
    ????? :huh?:
    oh and whats a .gm file?

14. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

.gm is the file extension, for the most part you shouldn't have to worry about it. The only time you need worry about file extensions on is when you'r eassigning seclevs on your server.

15. 00crossfire

00crossfire Shopkeep Stealer

HA i found my swordfight file its in rules well i'm happy i got that sorted out :rollseyes:

16. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Note: Sav doesn't have anything to do with KAG these days.

17. ColbyCheez

ColbyCheez Horde Gibber

How do we change the Slash duration so its faster on Rtdm? The only thing that happenned was just that i Stabbed and slashed faster