1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

SARGRA13, Vidar and thebonesauce like this.
  2. SergeantPL

SergeantPL Base Burner

Ah! :( So much time of waiting to the BiG release! 1 day like a month! :lantern: Still ready for this one message on Devlog!:lantern:

3. WalterWulf007

WalterWulf007 Base Burner

Im like checking 10 times a day to see if the new update came out. Still no words or video from geti :(

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

5. WalterWulf007

WalterWulf007 Base Burner

Just being active ;D

6. SergeantPL

SergeantPL Base Burner

Yeah! Boat in beta stage! When we must wait i had an idea to show you something what i created just in 1 hour!
    Created with Gimp using some pixel textures:rollseyes:
    Look at this and say: No more waiting! Just sail on!:p
    If modders can make "everything" with game engine why don't try to make something like that?:builder:

Updated Dinghy 1.0.jpg
    :right: To have the best quality of this picture just RightMB "Save picture as" , download and open in Paint or ImageViewers

7. Graver

Graver Haxor

FIRE! BUAHHA I WAIT FOR THIS MOMENT! X3

SergeantPL likes this.
  8. SergeantPL

SergeantPL Base Burner

Physics make a big problem in games;) [Returning to the topic about strongman]X3
    Compilation.png Builders make sense... Stone also... :r_flex:25252525 :flex:
    :right: "Save picture as" for the best quality!

9. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Man, I'm so excited.. can't wait for this update! Or just make more videos ;)
    </br>--- merged: Jan 2, 2013 12:21 PM ---</br>
    Also, I like that picture :) Especially the greg. I just think now about some kind of awesome flying thing like in Far Cry 3 to fly above enemies and throw down rocks and bombs.. AERIAL COMBAT!!!

10. nuggitx

nuggitx Shopkeep Stealer

What has happened with overworld ? :(

11. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

They said long ago that they weren't going to do it. Modders can do it after the Script Update.

12. nuggitx

nuggitx Shopkeep Stealer

Why they won't do it? It was advertised as the main KAG mode..... i bought premium beacuse of it.

13. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

but it wasn't on the poster and they actually have to do stuff on the poster.

14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Unfortunately it panned out to be alot more work then they thought, there'll be alot of new life in the scripting build and plenty of RPG kinda mods going on after too.

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Overworld was completely unrealistic and if you paid for premium because of it, I feel bad for you son.

xChapx and Leoprime like this.
  16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Overworld will undoubtedly be some player modded function. Wouldn't be too hard. Rather than some never-ending map generations, servers connected together by warps located at the end of each side of the maps. Could be signs. Click, teleport. Loads up the map. Then do the rest based on how they want overworld to pan out.

But the devs aren't going to do it as they are far too busy and never even said it was a function they 'planned on doing'. It was just a suggestion.

17. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

To be fair the devlog posts they made on the overworld didn't make it seem that way whatsoever, in retrospect it's very easy to say otherwise, but at the time it was alot more then a suggestion, it was what they said they were gonna spend pretty much their entire development energies toward. Not a complete waste of time or anything because that lead to them re-writing the engine - which in turn lead to them realising what a mammoth task they'd given themselves if I'm not mistaken - and also probably gave them alot of inspiration for the new game and will have taught them some development lessons for future games they make. But looking at all the hype back then you can;t blame people for thinking it was gonna happen and buying the game because of it, I just think the new mode plus all the modding opportunities will give people alot of the RPG crap they were looking forward to anyway.

18. nuggitx

nuggitx Shopkeep Stealer

Hope this won't end up Terraria over again. Last time I bought an indie game.

19. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

*slap* *slap*
    Terraria did not end up in any way other then the way the devs wanted it. And frankly I want the kags devs ideas to come into fruition, so yeah I hope it does end up like terraria. A place on steam and a rather large player base.

Digger101, Strife, ar3k and 3 others like this.
  20. nuggitx

nuggitx Shopkeep Stealer

Doubt it, kag is pretty much dead now. And from what i seen from the updates 1.0 will be lackluster at best.Overworld would make it unique and bring in big player base, now it will be just another terraria+minecraft clone. Mods will keep it alive but it will take time till first big good mod will be done and by that time the community will be even smaller. Sadly KAG will never achieve 1/4 popularity of Terraria, comparing it with Minecraft is not even an option.
    So yea KAG is dead before it was even alive. 1.0 is just trying to resurrect the dead corpse, that's why they are making modding tools as a priority because otherwise it would be dead in a matter of days after 1.0

Demon_Jester likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.