1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fatsam30, Nov 20, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. ITROLLEDU

ITROLLEDU Ballista Bolt Thrower

I have devine RPG Installed :D its the biggest mod in all of minecraft

2. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

ahh, Minecraft, you wil miss 1.3_1 Beta :( I remember playing minecraft first time in my cousins computer, it was amazing game i went to settings and changed to peaceful without nowing what does that word mean. still were sword in my hand, tall tower below me, watching around scared. As my cousin played it first time too, he shat his pants when he saw a creeper and a burning zombie. I still remember my first world, there were so many tiny islands, i went on a tiny island and made mah house there, without knowing taht skeletons swim slowly near me. IT was soo cool untill my cousins computer broke and all my maps were lost. sad.

Anyway, i hate minecraft after 1.0.0 update, all those stuff didnt fit into the game. it made me confused and angry so i quited minecraft. now i play Terraria thought, but it got bit boring beacuse of no updates. so yeah, all those games cant be better than Terraria and Minecraft

P.S. IF you guys know some other games like Minecraft and Terraria similar to those then please tell me.

3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Define similar:
    a) Block-based?
    b) Crafting?
    c) Exploration?
    d) Monsters sneaking up and making you piss your pants?
    e) etc.

4. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Oh, at least you were still in one piece at dawn. My first night was:

"Oh, look, there's a zombie coming! No, wait, is that a zombie? That doesn't even look like a zombie. :huh?: Whatever, I'll try to ki... *BOOM*"

Then I almost ragequit at the prospect of random insta-killing explosive pseudo-zombies. :D

Wonkyth likes this.
  5. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Well it doesnt have to be Block-based but it will be a bit good, but at least Crafting and Exploration

6. ITROLLEDU

Theres one like minecraft with triangles

7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Well you may say at least its name

8. ITROLLEDU

lol idk ill try find out for u

Worm likes this.
  9. lazas1234

lazas1234 Builder Stabber

i remember my first night,
    chop down one tree. make a house i can not move in blocked it off the door and windows cause i was scared but then i couldn't see. break out of my house and have look around me, nothing there. started looking around. found a zombie and ran. thne i skeleton somehow and a rapid fire glitch and shot me to a creeper which blew me up. took me forever to get back home and when i would be neearly there the skelly will kill me. it seemed like it took an hour until i realised i could out it on peacful and turn up my brightness

ITROLLEDU likes this.
  10. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Nah I don't like Minecraft stuck into kag

11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Yep, greedy old Notch sold Mojang (Minecraft, Scrolls and Cobalt developer) to Micro$oft for no less than 2 billion dollars.

Be cool to hear your opinions, but first - mine:

Notch is a hypocrite - he has expressed his hate for Microsoft so much, as well as companies that sell out.
    Notch is greedy - he could have sold it to a less fucked up company, or another indie company, or just let Jeb run it - but nope, his millions from sales aren't enough.
    Notch is selfish - so he gets a little bit off his conshons (I know this is spelt completely wrong) whilst the rest of the community could potentially and likely suffer? Fuck that.

Overall, Microsoft is going to exploit the game as much as they can - slow development for competing OS and consoles, sell out on endless toys, DLC and skins maybe, Minecraft 2, subscriptions?

I don't see a single positive from here - best case scenario, everything goes the same as it has been going.

12. The people who had stocks in this...

Millionaires FFS

13. He created a game which was his job. He had this job to make money. He then sold the company he had created in order to make a massive profit. This is simple business.

14. According to @Arcrave every time his game gets attention he abandons it

15. Blue_Tiger

By simple business, KAG would have been abandaned by its devs, but it isn't and I love them for it.

16. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

There's kind of a difference between the popularity of KAG and Minecraft, if you haven't noticed. There's a reason why Microsoft was so interested in it.

17. Blue_Tiger

I don't think that matters for my analogy.

Money makes the world go roung, but that doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't hate on the greedy. Notch was already a millionaire, he was set for life, he didn't need to sell it to Microsoft and the only incentive was for the cash.

18. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I doubt microsoft will change MC much, they will probably take a large share of the cuts, release more content and a few other smaller things.
    You don't need to worry about a shit pay wall stopping you from mining those diamonds :^)

19. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Which is spot on, as Notch stated it himself.

http://notch.net/2014/09/im-leaving-mojang/

I can understand his decision, I'd probably do the same.

20. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Personally, I disagree with many things Microsoft has done so I wouldn't sell it to them. But really, selling it to Microsoft after saying how much he disliked them is the only thing wrong here.

People are putting way too much pressure on Notch; he can do what he wants and the majority of people would do the same. They just expect Notch to live perfectly up to their expectations while they can live however they please. Notch did not betray anyone. He sold a game he made to a company that payed him. Not the best company, but that's besides the point. Notch does not owe you anything. The very fact anyone would think that he does is one of the reasons he's leaving.

Mods: BlueLuigi