1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Hungergames

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smithyman, Sep 17, 2012.

?

Do you like The Hunger Games?

1. Yes

81.5%
  2. No

27.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Or maybe once the files are fully released we could have a distance chat, so If your close to a person you can hear them talking (if they are) so you can tell when an alliance comes because they wll be talking.

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ahahah, why am I not surprised that you're the one to bring BR up, Contra? :p

Srsly though, THG may play on the same themes as BR but it also interrogates those themes--something BR doesn't really delve into.

3. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I was thinking of removing chat altogether... chat box but you can only see the bubbles above a player.

Antman and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  4. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

so no chat but if your close u can see what the player says?

5. bad_company_100

bad_company_100 Catapult Fodder

double whammy time like i care

my god ive actually deleted kag my god ill have to re download my god i did it when i was sick lol maybe its good because im not so tempted to kill things it is a unhealthy obsession

it sounds cool so is this going down? or are you just materializing some tantalizing tales to suck me in starbound tantalizes me enough

//edit from Kouji: don't use any emotes you don't need

6. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Correct- so no metagaming, seeing alliances etc... And out of character chat could happen here or on IRC?

7. Yihka

Yihka Shopkeep Stealer

I'll just put my idea's here, I guess. Note, I do not know the hunger games but it sounds like a gladiator match:

Let a good script determine how big to make a map:
    -If there are only 6 players, keep the map small, the more people there are, the bigger the map will be
    -If there are teams of 2, make one player be the archer and the other the knight. Let the two classes work together.
    -About the classes, use different weapons each class can hold scattered around the map. Armor and such to "upgrade" the class. (Useful with upcoming patch?)
    -After X amount of new players have joined/ are dead (as spectators as they cannot join), teleport all players to an arena where they must battle it out. This is to make sure these new players can play too. After all, it's no fun to watch 15 minutes without playing. Or you have to make a special "bandit" team which are ruthless killers (but weak) that want to kill everyone they find?
    -Make people of the same team spawn together.

8. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Creille or Hawk did you ever start this?

9. Creille

Creille Base Burner

nah i havn't worked on it, but surely it could be made using what we have in this build :)

10. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

um... Kagniss.. Archerdeen?

11. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

ellen page textures

12. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I did. nobody joined, so i just gave up. had two games that were pretty fun though.

13. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Send the files and I will make something of it?

14. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Hunger Royale was better.

15. Sounds cool but to make it easier there would have to be a custom gamemode.

16. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

That was established on the first page, please read the thread.

17. Quimbo

Quimbo Shopkeep Stealer

That sounds really fun.
    Hope you're gonna make one :thumbs_up:.

18. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

This would be very fun. RTDM but you have to collect items.

19. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Yep theyv'e got this in minecraft, so it will be cool to have it in KAG. They should make a specail server for it that would just have rounds and new ones like every half an hour. The server would have to have very big maps though.

20. coolmonkey54

coolmonkey54 Shark Slayer

The maps would take for ever to make because you would need to make floors or have a huge map because it is 2d