1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. niger

niger Catapult Fodder

the "second time" wasnt griefing be merciful please :(

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Things of note:
    1)Don't tell someone to eat shit or go fuck themselves if they're actually listening to your ban appeal at all.
    2)When you wait a minute and just say 'banned' it's hard to know what that actually means, usually it just means "I'm banning you now"
    3)No response when he asks you why you did it is a poor choice, should have said what you told me at the time, it usually means that if you say something later it's probably fabricated as you couldn't just state the reason right then and there
    4)Your name reallly doesn't help, lucky for you no one here is from nigeria.

Domis, arcanecat and Brandon816 like this.
  3. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Barely go on this server but great server

4. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

As a web developer, I don't have to even click it open to peek inside. :)

5. niger

niger Catapult Fodder

come on im already on my knees, please please forgive me!

I love niger, always pick them in soccer videogames

I did it because I have liked to see it fall, was a small bridge, do not want to harm my team, sorry will not happen again

6. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

... First you said you never intended to make it fall and you hit it twice on accident. Now you say that you wanted it to fall??

It was not a small bridge. it was a upsidedown "L" shape with a height of over 20 blocks.

7. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

Well it's clear that "niger" is not getting unbanned. Now that it's clear, please do not post anything related to them (unless futher evidence) on this thread to avoid spam. Thank you.

jeffeypop and link6155 like this.
  8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

a suggestion for Jackitch?
    Can you make the tunnel's options oriented in the way that a "left" tunnel's option "go through tunnel" option is on the left side . I keep flicking my mouse to the left (when i am on red) and it makes the tunnel closed, which is irritating. I haven't seen if it is the same for blue yet.

picture demonstration with emotes :D
    :blank::blank::blank::blank:Tunnel (to the left):blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:
    Option 1:blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank: Option 2:blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:
    close tunnel :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank: go through tunnel:blank::blank::blank::blank:

edit: actually is that even possible?

9. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

My suggestion is make tunnels two way again, if people don't defend their base tunnels, that's their fault, and I should be able to prosper from their mistakes.

Stevedog, justi01, Radpipe and 6 others like this.
  10. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Yep, it was pretty fine before and I really don't like the fact we can't have two way now.

Bammboo, Maverick, rocker2 and 3 others like this.
  11. GloriousToast

and some times, people build the wrong tunnel direction.

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

this is MOST annoying.

"Hey we need to go back and forth right? XDD"

13. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i'm gonna agree. i thought the best feature of the tunnel was being able to get back to base and switch to a needed class. go to the front line, build the tunnel exit, go home, switch to knight, come back with a horde of knights.

14. PumpkingSlice

You guys do realise you can just make 1 tunnel set which leads away from te tent. Then another which leads to the tent. Sure it may be more time but atleast you can confuse the enemy and fill up that useless space which minecrafters fail at.

15. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I can change the tunnels back to the way they were before, but some people (actually quite a few, but they haven't posted here) like the one-way ones. I can add the two-way option pretty easily, but I'll have to restart the server, and it's 330AM my time, and there are 27 people on the server :(. I'll edit the config files to add a two-way tunnel (I actually already added it a while ago, but never uploaded the changes :oops:) and remove that stupid secret (which btw none of you pubs bothered to post about for free premium, so I'll keep my game keys thanks :D).

What I can do to eliminate the
    is to add an option to remake the base tunnel shop (the one that lets you choose the direction) from any tunnel. It might complicate things a tad, but not by much. It's definitely doable. Let me know what you guys think.

Yes, I can, but the reason that I left it on the right is so the default option for travelling is just a quick press of [E]. You don't need to hold [E] to buy bombs, you just quickly press it (because bombs are the default option). Likewise, I wanted to make it so no one needs to hold [E] to travel through one-way shops, as a sort of faster option. You just quickly check to see if you're at the right shop by looking at the help text which hovers above the shop, press [E], and you're gone. I feared that people would quickly press [E] and lock the tunnel by mistake if I switched the defaults on the travel_left one. I do see your point though. You wanna go left, so you think 'hover and go left'.

I did the opposite for the two-way tunnel because I didn't want blue team to have the advantage of always being able to press [E] to quick-travel into battle. So I put a note in the default spot, put travel left on the bottom, travel right on the top, and lock on the left. I think it's sometimes best to force people to think before they do things that might have negative consequences, which is why I made the one-way tunnels default travel and not lock, and why I made the two-way tunnel's default a blank note and not travel_right.

I'm welcome to more suggestions if you have any.

EDIT: I uploaded the cfg so you can have a look and see what I did. Once everyone's happy (not possible) I'll replace the existing file and do a quick restart.

Attached Files:

GloriousToast, Razi, Ajax and 2 others like this.
  16. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

I think the idea for a lot of people (myself included) isn't that THEY have to build two tunnels to get back to their base as well, it's that the enemy DOESN'T do this, so they can't ride through their opponents unprotected tunnels and mess up their base.

As for Jackitch, I realize that you spent a ton of time working on all of this stuff, and now you have to deal with all of the people who aren't happy, spend even more time on it, and possibly even end up changing it all back so that all of your work will have been for nothing, so I give you my sincerest apologies, and I would like to thank you for all of the work you have done on the server so that we may have a better gaming experience :heart:

17. PumpkingSlice

You guys are just lazy for not making tunnels. Humans for worst race.

18. GloriousToast

humans are the only race

also about the hovering bit to switch, on some servers the options to switch class (at a tent) has been moved around so sometimes i accidently choose the wrong class, possibly choosing archer and lose one heart when i switch to knight.

19. PumpkingSlice

Ever heard of animals or insects?

Also Rayne get that deny builder list up here.

20. cancer

cancer Catapult Fodder

can i plz be unbanned i destroy 2 trap doors( both were repaired), and the told my plans of griefing
    step 1. build team workshop incomplete leaving one shop left on designated spot
    step 2. destroy blocks so the blocks are held up by workshop
    step 3. wait for unsuspecting player to complete workshop
    step 4. ???
    step 5. profit

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.