1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Hmm what's the difference of the orange names and yellow names? When I make a player research in forums. It's because I already looked up their profiles?

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yellow names on the Forum and in-game indicate premium. Orange names are made available by seclev in-game (normally reserved for admins).
    Is that what you're asking?

3. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

What do you do when a guy is out to deliberately out to kill you? Last night in a Zombie Fortress server some guy on the team had it out for me. In the process of trying to kill me over and over, he killed other players by accident. I thought if I'd let him kill me once, he'd be done with it. No, he was out for me the entire game and called me (misspelling my name each time) like a freaking cat.

I voted him to be kicked and a few others did as well when he accidentally killed them while trying to kill me. He kept coming back to the game though. I finally just left for a while. Since then I cannot even concentrate fully when playing anything on Kag... Capture the Flag or Zombie fortress. Not cool, dude... not cool.

Does "Ignore Player" on Esc menu help with this at all?

4. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

What you are describing is teamkilling which is a form of griefing. He shouldntve been doing that and if an admin had beeen there he probably wouldve frozen him.

Ignore player only mutes there chat for you.

5. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

Shame... Since then I have had my eye out for him and constantly am preoccupied from playing even in simple CRF. Paranoia if you will. Thank you for the reply.

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You can try to get a team-killer banned by recording him while he does it. Team-killing is considered a form of griefing, and you can report him with a video in the Reports section. (Make sure you follow the rules for filling out a form, or you will get warning points.)

7. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

If I ever run into someone like him again, I'll try. Recording games is pretty hard though... the video recorder makes the game lag substantially. :(

8. AdrianC

AdrianC Haxor Tester

Or you can always go on IRC and type !guard <reason>, and a guard should arrive quickly and deal with the griefer.

9. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

Ah. That might be most helpful. Thank you very much. :)

10. I'm New
    I have a few questions
    1. How do u bomb jump
    2. What's a good first clan
    3. What is a good server to get noticed on

Hope you can answer them

Thanks

11. FG

FG Fran Donator

12. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

And most clans only accept members who are based in the same continent, usually it says on their pahe where they're from.

13. I'm from Australia I really like HAVOC but I'm new so I might not get accepted why should I do to get accepted and thongs to a clan show off but I know that would be wrong

14. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Keep in mind that some clans have a rule where anyone can join the group, but you must then make an application to join the clan (HAVOC does this), they will then make a decision if you are in the clan or not.

15. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Just read the clan webpage and if they have any aplications then they should show what they are.

16. lagiacruswhite

lagiacruswhite Catapult Fodder

ok, i need some texture pack help, do they change how everything looks in multiplayer? or is it just singleplayer? how do they work? i downloaded the rise of samurai texture pack but what does it do?

17. Jagged

Jagged Catapult Fodder

Why is the kills and deaths always wrong on the scores page?

and how do I fix it?

18. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Texture packs replace standard textures of the game with custom ones in both single- and multiplayer.
    What is being changed depends on the texture pack, and is usually written in the thread.
    Take a look at the To Do List: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/wip-rise-of-the-samurai.4969/

19. lagiacruswhite

lagiacruswhite Catapult Fodder

thanks, but i am still abit confused, I downloaded the texture pack but when i open the game it it the same as usual, do I have to do something afterwards? (I am a massive computer newb)

20. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

You have to extract the .rar file you downloaded and copy the content of the Base folder into C:\KAG\Base.
    Be sure to back up your current Base folder in case you'd like to use standard textures again.

Mods: Gurin