1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Build Videos

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gunnar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Then the entire map floods. Yay.

rocker2, LadyHawk and jerloch like this.
  2. Buckets are already made. They're not enabled, but they are already made. And yes, Rayne's point is why. :P

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I think I finally understand why the devs are taking a long time to prepare and then throwing everything at us at once.

If you introduce any single feature into the game, everyone will go nuts on that feature for at least a week. Here's a really bad example to think about: what if Archers suddenly had the ability to shoot 10 medium-strength arrows at once in a spread at the cost of a heart of health?

You know the answer: Everyone would be shooting shotgun arrows like crazy despite the fact that it would probably get them killed because of its cost.

But if you overwhelm the players with tons of new features, they won't know what to spam. Problem solved. ;)

RobertStephenson, One and Arcite like this.
  4. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

what? no. that doesn't make sense:huh?:. they're rewriting the whole damned engine. the new features do not work in the current engine so they can not be released one at a time. if they released the engine itself it would be devoid of features and no one would be happy with it. just calm down and be patient.

5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Probably more one for the modders, but buckets that used water as a projectile would be a good workaround. Afterall, spilling a bucket of water is probably more likely just to make the soil a bit soggy rather then induce a wrath of god flood on the land... not that we're dealing with a realistic game or anything, but there is a certain logic to it in lot of areas.

LadyHawk likes this.
  6. Actually my guess, and from what I can tell, they're mainly going to be used to put fires out.

jeffeypop likes this.
  7. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i still want to see buckets of hot oil in a catapult or pouring fire down your front wall on your enemies' heads.

RobertStephenson and LadyHawk like this.
  8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

When I say "projectile" I mean in terms of game logic, not that it'll cause damage ;)

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We'll do a video on fire as soon as the effects for it are sorted out (they're placeholders at the moment) and the damage is balanced properly. Buckets "splash" water through tiles to put out fire in a large area.

10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I find it amusing that you assume that I am being impatient when my original intent was simply to make a joke. I don't believe I'm the one who needs to calm down here.

Do I hint at all at the fact that I am impatient for the release? No. I am hyped, yes, and I stated that the devs are taking a while, which is a fact, but did I say anything along the lines of 'the devs need to hurry it up already'? No.

jeffeypop likes this.
  11. RobertStephenson

RobertStephenson Builder Stabber

So you start school in July?

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just FYI outside of America most places use DD/MM/YY dating because it makes significantly more sense than putting the medium length time increment first, and because "/" means "of", as in "the Seventh of January of 2013" in that date. The more you know.

13. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

So essentially, PinXviiN wants Geti to turn KAG into Minecraft...

Dude, if you really hate this game so much, why bother? You can go play that exact game mode in Minecraft. I think the devs are trying to do something original. There are also tons of Minecraft clones on the Mac AppStore, tons of other independent developers trying to cash in with Minecraft clones, etc. King Arthur's Gold is it's own game. WAR is the mode they're working on. I'd rather keep it that way.

LadyHawk, Cerbercre and Nighthawk like this.
  14. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Bucket isnt in the files yet, but still rope is actully in the files, but it doesnt do anything yet.

15. What files?

16. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Less off topic on which country is better because all people suck anyways and ergo the Moon is the best place.

Seriously though please stay on topic (and I'd have given Geti a warning if I could for causing the off topic in the first place, but I can't)

JacKD, GloriousToast and Froghead48 like this.
  17. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

You guys are forgetting some people are testers, and they have KAG 1.0 files. for them, the bucket is in the files. ( and thats what he meant by "they are in the files" (refering to kag 1.0 testing ) )

18. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

That's exactly the problem. PinXviiN is not a tester and should not have access to any such files.

Froghead48 likes this.
  19. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Could it not be in the current KAG folder considering that fire and that was gonna be in classic KAG, and the devs will have almost certainly pissed about with a bucket in the current engine?

20. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Ah, yes. There is a rope sprite in the classic KAG Base.

Froghead48 likes this.