1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

>kag is pretty much dead now

With an average high water mark of 300 players online at the same time a day, and a community of relatively active content generators, you are objectively wrong.

>it will be just another terraria+minecraft clone.

"hai guise dis competitive team based war game with several classes where you fite is p cool u shood tri it"

"Oh wow it sounds cool!"

"also u can build in it"

"FUKKEN MINECRAFT CLONE OMGWTFBBQ"

Ej, FuzzyBlueBaron, rocker2 and 3 others like this.
  2. nuggitx

nuggitx Shopkeep Stealer

Please, don't make me laugh. Go to steam stats and check Terraria, it has 6000 players. 300 is dead by comparison.

3. Beef

So, you are admitting you are wrong, by shifting the goal posts? You didn't say "This small indie game has a smaller playerbase than a large well known steam game", you said "KAG is dead".

Which is false.

Strife and One like this.
  4. nuggitx

nuggitx Shopkeep Stealer

Way to pull a strawman.

KAG is mainly a Multiplayer game while Terraria is a Singleplayer game. If a singleplayer game can bring in 10x the people than a heavy focused multiplayer game then yes, kag is dead.

Terraria is also a small indie game

5. Beef

You don't understand what strawman means.

>If a singleplayer game can bring in 10x the people than a heavy focused multiplayer game then yes, kag is dead.

By your own logic Terraria is dead because it doesn't have the millions of players of other games. Which makes KAG... double dead, in the slow mind of a certain forum member?

The distinction between single and multiplayer here is also retarded.

>Terraria is also a small indie game

Terraria is by no definition a small game.

So, once again, KAG has been proven to not be dead.

Classic, ar3k, AnRK and 2 others like this.
  6. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Other then being able to build blocks, and the 2d style with terraria I see no other comparisons from terraria and minecraft. Terraria and minecraft are both built around the concept of building a house and mining for loot. Kag is about building defences, and then fucking up the enemy's. Also, they are making modding tools, not just to expand the life of kag, but also because there is so much potential in this game, and considering some of the kag community are pretty good with this stuff, so we will see alot of cool mods. Not to mention that every game should have modding tools.

He said an average of 300 online a day. How about you go check the forum homepage, currently 8,262 Members

16th, Strife, ar3k and 2 others like this.
  7. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Furthermore, to be dead surely it would have had to go through a process of dying, insinuating that it had a decline in player numbers, which I doubt it has in anywhere near drastic enough fashion to be categorised as dead. Add to that massive forum hype and your wrong on 2 more counts.

8. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Yes, there aren't many people playing KAG right now because EVERY F*ING BODY wants the new update. You'll see then how the player base will increase. If people will also start making more videos, well, I guess you understand.

9. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

DID HE TYPE TERRARIA CLONE ARE YOU THE THICKEST PERSON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!??!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!

10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Are you seriously trying to compare two different games that one has been around longer to gain a big enough player-base? KAG isn't dead, because you cannot by any means compare the two games' player base. KAG has an active community for how little it's been around for. The other game has been around longer, a bigger team, and has had more chances for funding to grow even more. If we had the same conception time, same building time, same number of people in the KAG DEV team and the money, we'd have a higher number, too.

But both games are different. Different people own it, run it, create it. You cannot compare one to being dead to the other, when one is just 'smaller' than the other.

11. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

My my, its been a while. Back on the forums again! Also, why has this changed into a KAG vs Terraria thread? :huh?:
    </br>--- merged: Jan 19, 2013 7:39 AM ---</br>
    Meh, might as well contribute. Terraria is more 'popular', and I use that term vaguely at best, because it is openly advertised on the world's biggest gaming platform, and has been around for considerably longer. 300 players a day is actually really good, but people ignore it because other more well-known games crave for attention. I may have been inactive for....a while, but KAG is, in my opinion, a much more fun experience than Terraria. Anyway, how can you compare the two, they are different in many ways. Remember when Terraria came out and people claimed it was a Minecraft clone because "Herp de derp you build and shiz", when in reality it was anything but. Same example here.

Eden, Razzey and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  12. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

U people make me sad saying kag is dead! Kag is like 10000000000 times better then terraria! The only reason terraria is more popular then kag is because kag lacks advertisement. If more people find out about kag easier kag could possibly level with minecraft

13. thatwaffle

thatwaffle Shark Slayer

what will happen to the workshops? i saw none in the videos and such

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

They got replaced with magical pixies and fruit trees. You use a pixie on a fruit tree to craft it into a bomb tree or a catapult tree, etc. ;)

Razzey, Froghead48 and mishKa like this.
  15. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Not sure if player made mod, or just trolling.

Also, yea, what are the workshops going to look like? 3x3 or the classic 8x4 (or whatever the quarters used to be) ?
    Time to ask geti about a KAG 1.0 Workshops video =D

16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Look to workshop announcement. 8x4 for WAR

Froghead48 likes this.
  17. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

The workshops look a little more like they're about 15x10 now, and you pretty much everything you need there, including keeping your flag there...

Could be very wrong and they still get used for forward outposts etc though.

18. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

God dam It guys, Get back to work on kAG 1.0!
    Lolz.png

19. Lollismo

Lollismo Ballista Bolt Thrower

1 . : King Arthur gold 1.0
    2 . : King Arthur Gold Go into '' STEAM''
    3. : King Arthur Gold Become Popular
    4. : Profit

(Terraria And kag isn't the same thing.)

LOL.

20. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

I don't want kag to become popular to be honest. I like how I can join my favorite servers without having to fight and press reload for 20 minutes before I can get on. there's more than enough people on for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.