1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Australian RTDM Server - {Back up - 03/05/16}

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by kaizokuroof, Nov 17, 2012.

Mods: jackitch
  1. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Quick question have you guys (lava,kazio) ever made something that hasn't crashed, fail or destroyed just because one of you decided to change it a bit?

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Well Exid, do you know how to run a KAG server? Do you know how to make Frinkweb work? Can you organise events for the Australian playerbase? Can you setup a mumble server for the Australian KAG players?

Not only do we do all of the above, we go beyond, in which we host multiple KAG servers; Australian CTF server, Australian RTDM Server, Australian Parkour server, co-run the Australian Zombie Fortress, and various others from time to time. We host multiple events, including but not limited to Admins Vs Pubs, Lavalord's Map Contest and we have some sekrit ones for the future :3 We screen our admins for top tier qualities, while assisting the devs by contributing to the KAG Scripting build. We also host a mumble server for you to use, be it for KAG or any other game. So as you can see the list is rather long, how do we manage to do all of this? It must take lots of time and effort to maintain these things, right? Well Lavalord and Myself try to make ourselves available to fix problems should they arise at all times of night or day! By idling on the #KAG.aus IRC Channel we run/manage. A lot of our free time goes to keeping things fresh/maintained for you and the Australian community.

So as you can see, there are many examples I can give you of things lavalord and myself work on, that do not break, crash or fail but alas, such is IT and life for that matter, there will always be problems and there will always things going wrong.

Now let me explain to you how frinkweb works (the rough gist of it)

First of all, a database is made (to hold all the data or kills) using Postgres/SQL. The data is pulled from the log files by a script called logparser.py - This script often breaks due to names with characters (letters/numbers and that sort) that can't be parsed (this happens at least 3 times a day) the script also misses kills/deaths, all in all it's quite tiresome to fix the script everyday, but that's no problem! We can parse the logs manually, we do this by using some commands in python, which goes through the logs and grabs the kills/deaths and puts them into our database.

SO sweet, that's all well and good, we have our database, but how do we display this? Well through the use of HTML, postgres, CSS and other such thangs that I have little understanding of, we build a website, and use the database to display our data.

Further to the previous post about what has happened:

Lavalord purged the database (removed the data in the database) last night as it hadn't been updating for a while. He then rebuilt the stats which can take quite a lot of time (manually parsed the logs using python), especially seeing as it was the WHOLE database. After the parsing ran, the Stats site STILL did not pick up all the kills/deaths, so Kaizokuroof re-ran the parsing of logs, which STILL didn't pick up all the kills, due to the logs being separated over nightly backups. We are now here at this current point in time. As you can see, neither of us directly made the stats site crash (it is an un-intended feature) it just happens to be like every other day, only I decided I'd bump the server thread, to show you we care.

Don't get my words twisted, we would continue to do this even without all the amazing praise we receive (we larva you guys <3) but there is a lot of time and effort that goes into this, even if it seems like something so little to you, it's quite a large task for us. >: )

Kind Regards,

Kaizokuroof & Lavalord

Boxpipe, Reudh, CheeseMeister and 5 others like this.
  3. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

tel ma sekrit stuf noaw ploxxxx :)))

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I have fixed the stat site!

Boxpipe and Canadian98 like this.
  5. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

lololol, you know kaizo is curious likes to fuck with you ;)

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Oh yeah can you ban me for a month, I know i will just go back to this annoying game after a week or so, hopefully a update will come in that amount of time. Edit : Did I just mess up the forums? I had another message that drafiks liked but now it's this one. Edit two :yes I did. Anyway it was about why you bothered doing that much effort in so many things.

7. DeathArrow

DeathArrow Catapult Fodder

Lol I wouldn't leave just because of updates anyway I saw today that we had a admins v Pubbies we should keep that a special day only SATURDAY

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

As of now it is only on saturday

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Get on steam you lazy fuck, you have been offline for 16 days D:

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. DeathArrow

EPIC Win Form The Pubbies Today Smashed Admins I Had Awesome Game

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

That wasn't the only game. It's still going.

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. DeathArrow

Yeah I think it was 2nd game Pubbies did well

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Kaizo, my old map, fixed the spawns :)

Mountains3.png

Boxpipe likes this.
  14. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Brings back the memory's from the day's of Soulrealms server. And then when Cana's map came on "OMG DIS MAP IS LYK !!! OMG YAYAYAY".

Please put this map in. Gobbie's included.

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

It's in :)

Boxpipe likes this.
  16. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Kaizo and Lava, Thanks for all your dedication and hard-work!
    I don't mind if the stat site has issues or if the server goes down because the fact that it is there in the first place is good enough!

(moaar giev mi sekrits noaw!!!11!) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

EDIT: is it just me or do those faces look like they are sloping slightly?

Boxpipe likes this.
  17. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

They are sloping :P

Boxpipe likes this.
  18. lavalord

Da sekrits r mine. :p

Boxpipe and soulrealm like this.
  19. The stats page is broken, can someone fix please.

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. lavalord

le sigh, alright.

Boxpipe likes this.
Mods: jackitch