1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Build Videos

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gunnar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. 16th

16th Bison Rider

:QQ: please, please....

Cirom and JacKD like this.
  2. Bint

Bint Haxor

Don't forget this one:eek:

JacKD likes this.
  3. RobertStephenson

RobertStephenson Builder Stabber

YES!

Gofio and JacKD like this.
  4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Guys, there's no need to start hammering on with suggestions for the devs, they've got plenty to do already. They're getting on with making the game as configurable and moddable as possible and all these little things like changing HUD size/position and emoticon personalisation will probably get handled by the community in time.

Razzey likes this.
  5. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I wouldn't mind a "Multi-emote" feature, actually. Instead of just saying "BOMB" or "ARROW" (could imply a number of things), you could have "HAMMER - BOMB" (Build a Bomb Workshop!) or "BOMB - RIGHT" (Throw a bomb right!). "CLOCK - ARROW" (Sync/Time Arrows!), "BUILD - TOWER" (.. do I need to exlpain this one), "NO - LEFT" (Don't go left!), "LEFT - SPIKES" (It's a trap!), etc.
    Not sure on uses for three, though. I think we should just keep it at two.

16th and RobertStephenson like this.
  6. whatever1works

whatever1works Drill Rusher

dont forget 'HAMMER- TIME!!!' so folks know when to dance :dance:25252525:teabag:

Cirom, Lord_bugg and 16th like this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Cirom; I actually thought of that way back when emotes were getting implemented the first time around but it was too time consuming at the time, I'll put it on the list of things to do for a rainy day.

There are some more emotional emoticons being added, I'm considering dropping a few more in but the circular menu is getting very full.
    There are plans to have a clientside config file of the emoticons to bind to keys 1-0, so if you use certain emotes more than the defaults you can bind those instead. I personally plan to bind the finger and flex emoticons to 2 and 3, since i have no need for frowning or furrowing my brow, but constant need for flexing and fingering.

Adelarth, xChapx, AdrianC and 11 others like this.
  8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Well since you replied and all, could they not be organised into subsections?

9. kannas

kannas Shark Slayer

hello there! Why don' t you implement a key combination based system for the emoticons? to be more clear:

you divide the emoticons in categories and subcategories (and, for the sake of customization, you give this right of division to players too with the config file). so, when i press q, instead of emoticons i will see a maximum of 10 groups, enumerated from 0 to 9. i can select a group by click or by simply pressing the related digit. a category can have subcategories (with a reasonable cap of levels).
    when you reach the leafs of this tree there are then 2 cases:

-less or equal to 10 emoticons , and in this case they are enumerated from 0 to 9
    -more than 10, so the only solution is selecting them by clicking.

I believe a lot of you will think this is tricky, but consider this :

The casual player doesn't usually use the actual q system, because the 0-9 shortcuts system mostly feeds all his/her needs ( and talking about 0-9 system yes, making it customization friendly is a brilliant idea :D) .
    When the casual player, or worse, the veteran player, needs more expressiveness, there comes the frustration of passing from a keyPressed system to the awful "findAndClickTheEmoticonInAClusterF*ck".

the new system i explained, linked to a smart vanilla categorization from the developers, would ease the learning curve for the casual player with the team communication methods, while would give to expert players faster means of communication, and an articulated customization of key bindings.

Finally, i would also suggest a toggle key to switch the emoticon visibility from all the player to just your team.

Oh, and btw i love this game, and i am eager to play the new scripted version :D

EDIT: aaaand anKR ninjaPosted me. damn it xD

Mazey likes this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Only got a few minutes to respond, but in short - maybe :P It's a bit more complicated than the current system, but the pie is certainly feeling very flooded. We'll see if we have time for it, at the moment the focus is very much on the gameplay since that's what we'll be getting you guys to test thoroughly before it gets "properly" released to the masses.

11. kannas

kannas Shark Slayer

Obviously! this is just some icing in the cake, could be also done by the modders ( or me if i feel inspired xD). keep up with the good work guys ;)

12. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Hey, I have an idea for how to implement the multi-emote system properly. Perhaps if a player just does 2 normal emotes in quick succession, instead of the new emote replacing the old one as it does now, it just goes to the side, and also becoming centered like the hearts do.

Unfortunately, if this system DOES come into place, it'll be the last time people do "2525252525". (Unless the limit is two/three emotes, and if you try to input more, it just shoves off the last one. Then you'll get THREE TIMES the "2525252525"!)

13. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

If you had a double click for each one then that'd double the amount and it wouldn'ty be too much pissing about, many of them need to be quick and you can't take your fingers off wasd, so if you had a simple double press/triple press etc kinda system that'd help, all this kinda shit is very much for the mods though. I personally couldn't give two fucks about most emotes anyway as most of them have little use that another couldn't fulfil anyway, but if they give the geti/mm some time away from some bug that they're getting nowhere with to feel like they're getting something done for a couple of hours then fair enough, they do give the game alot of character afterall.

14. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Just make a smaller pie inside the existing one. Problem solved.

Froghead48 likes this.
  15. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Voice recognition software so when you scream "fuck" in real life it will go straight to the bird :bird: in game.

kubasanus, xChapx, Monsteri and 14 others like this.
  16. Best fucking idea of these 12,000+ messages fellere.

Here's one, nerf Maverick's bombs so that they do 50% less damage.

Dem boms two stronk mun.

Froghead48 likes this.
  17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

How about tactical and emotional emote circles?
    The emote screen would be changed to the tactical emote screen, and another button would bring up an emotion emote screen.
    (emotion emotes would be :);):(:D:B)::bird::skull:X3:flex: etc... and tactical ones would be :right::yes::gold::blue::heart::castle::door::bow::down:)

Cirom and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. eamono

eamono Arsonist

how about a minecraft dirt block emote? so when i se a retarted minecrafting builder i can be like :no:(dirt block):bird:

Gofio, whatever1works and Mazey like this.
  19. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Who's to say that smiling at your enemy isn't a "tactic"? It's a form of psychological warfare! :)
    In all seriousness, that's not a bad idea.

Cirom, Villekille707 and 16th like this.
  20. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I use it all the time! You get close to a knight and laugh at him, then hammer or arrow spam him to death!