1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server configuration tool with a GUI

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Maqq, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Kopnu

Kopnu Catapult Fodder

I'm sorry I'm Russian and I write through the translator. I have such a problem - When I try to create a server through your wonderful program, I wrote that we need to add the map in the map cycle, but for me there is not added to the map. I have the card is in the folder KAG/Base/Maps. Weacan please, what do I do?:QQ:
    Don't look at the fact that I'm Russian.:)

2. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hi, don't worry, I think I understand your problem, but I don't know why its not working for you.

When you click the "Add map..." button, it should open a dialog box to select the maps. That dialog box autmatically is in the "KAG/Base/Maps" folder. If your map is there, then you should be able to select it and add it to the map cycle.

Maps can have three formats: PNG, KAG and GM. So make sure your map has one of those formats. If you have "MyMap.JPG" or "MyMap.BMP" then it won't work. So make sure you save your map as "MyMap.PNG"

Try that and tell me if it works.

By the way, when you click the "Add map..." button, do you see the default maps there (BLDtutorial.png, duel.png, duel2.png) ?
    If you can see them, then the problem is that your map doesn't have the right format as I said above.

Good luck and if you have any other question, post here again :)

3. Kopnu

Kopnu Catapult Fodder

Yes when I click the button "Add map" climbs dialog box. There you can see all the maps, but when I try to choose my "Kopnu.PNG", that goes out the window (or applications).

Other cards such as duel.png, duel2.png I see, but choose them can not.

If I can remove the video, so you can see my problem.

Attached Files:

4. JacKD

I'm not sure why that is happening. The KAGServer.exe file should be in the KAG folder e.g. C:\KAG\ that's the same folder where KAG.exe is. Maybe you changed something? I'm testing this in my PC and it's working as expected and others don't have the same problem as you :(

Check the above and try again.

5. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Hi, I don't know if this is any help at all, but recently when my KAG updated it created a whole 'nuther KAG folder. It took me a while to find out that its situated under C:\Users\[username]\KAG, instead of previously being plain C:\KAG. All my new logs have gone that way, and the only way that KAG can recognise maps is if I leave them there.

Hope that helps.

6. Kopnu

Kopnu Catapult Fodder

All done. Works:B):
    What have I done?:rollseyes:
    1) I copied the folder KAG in a folder C:/Users/[name user]/KAG (thanks Gonf)
    2) Started the server from the previous folder C:/KAG.
    3) Chose a card from the C:/Users/[name user]/KAG
    Voila it worked:)
    4) Closed the program
    5) Deleted folder KAG of C:/Users/[name user]/KAG
    Now all works from a folder C:/KAG:D

I hope that my advice will pay to the main page
    Suddenly someone else will help:dance:

Russian version: (please do not delete, the Russians is not less than the forum) we're friends?:huh?:

Все сделал. Работает
    Что я сделал?
    1) Я скопировал папку KAG в папку C:/Users/[name user]/KAG (спасибо Gonf)
    2) Запустил сервер из предыдущей папки C:/KAG.
    3) Выбрал карту из C:/Users/[name user]/KAG/Base/Maps
    Вуаля все заработало
    4) Закрыл программу
    5) Удалил папку KAG из C:/Users/[name user]/KAG
    Теперь все работает из папки C:/KAG
    </br>--- merged: Dec 10, 2012 11:29 AM ---</br>
    A new problem :QQ: (something I problematic)
    When I run the server, it I suddenly closes... And so your program to be run, it closes and so on to infinity.
    Launched just dedicatedserver.bat (nothing changed), it also closes. Can you know what is the problem?:eek:

JacKD likes this.
  7. JacKD

Mmmm really not sure, could be a million things.

You should really try running the game and server from the C:\Users\... folder if that's where the game is installed.

Previously the game folder was C:\KAG but at some point it changed to C:\Users\... So if you installed the game recently, the new path is the one you should be using.

8. Kopnu

Kopnu Catapult Fodder

And what do you say about this?

9. JacKD

I can only speculate. But the most probable cause is that you're running the server from the wrong folder. Try from the C:\Users\... and see if it works.

10. Kopnu

Kopnu Catapult Fodder

No, it's not in your program, and the work in the KAG. Maybe it was to setup?

11. JacKD

I know its not about my program.

I mean the KAG game path was changed to C:\Users\blablablablbal so you should put my program there too and run the KAG server from THAT folder, be it by using the dedicatedserver.bat or the KAGServer.exe. Try any of those from the C:\Users\blablabl folder, then it will probably work.

Your C:\KAG is probably a leftover folder from and old installation

12. Kopnu

Kopnu Catapult Fodder

Yes indeed. I reinstalled the game and it worked)
    </br>--- merged: Dec 10, 2012 6:15 PM ---</br>
    What do you think - why my server is not visible in the list of servers?

JacKD likes this.
  13. JacKD

You are using an old version of the game or you haven't forwarded your ports correctly, check the wiki and the server forum for more help on that.

Beepo likes this.
  14. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Meter can be on a server already host?

15. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Ballista Bolt Thrower

hey JackD im trying to start a server with your version of the tool but when i start it
    it crashes and starts up again then crashes then starts up again and so on.

I wasn't having problems with the maqq version though.
    I tried starting it from C:\KAG folder but it still doesn't work.

16. JacKD

Hi, if you could add some more information regarding the configuration you're using it would be really helpful to try to figure out what's wrong, without that I can't really help you.

Attach you .server config file and please make sure you are using the latest version of the app.

17. Shadowblitz16

here is the server config file and my gamemode and maps
    also I clicked on the help/check for updates and it says i got the latest version

Attached Files:

JacKD likes this.
  18. JacKD

I'll take a look during the day and if I find something I'll post here.

19. Shadowblitz16

hey JackD have you found out what the problem is?
    Could be something with my drivers?

20. Maqq

Maqq Shopkeep Stealer

I made a tiny fix on my version. The map selection window now accepts .kag map files.

JacKD and Noburu like this.