1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Read this first! Map Making Tutorial

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Rayne, Mar 31, 2012.

1. pyro3345

pyro3345 Shopkeep Stealer

quick question, is the GIMP Palette in Wonka;s tutorial up to date?

2. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

I made a new map and placed spawns. On Singleplayer (sandbox and DM everything) is okay. Why on the server spawns in the air, in the middle of the map? Could someone write, how to fix it?

There's link to the album with map as png file and some screenshots: https://plus.google.com/photos/103589858584745772103/albums/5857441893408682513

3. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

*slowpoke mode on* Yes

dandyking7179 and Mazey like this.
  4. Foremole

Foremole Tree Planter

Seriously sorry for necroing this post, but DO IT NOW. We seriously need a King of The Hill type gamemode. And Gold Hunt, I never got to play it. :(

HardPenguin likes this.
  5. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

I can make you one. You wanna? Leave me a message on my profile if so.

Guitarman likes this.
  6. Foremole

Foremole Tree Planter

Well, I'd like it if you could make a Gold Hunt mode, if that's possible. I've heard it was really fun.

7. Retrofit

Retrofit Kami go bye bye Donator

ok, the first of my problems:

When i load up a map in game only bedrock comes out, so then i go back to the paint image and change it to 24-bit.
    then in game i cant load it anymore...

help... :QQ:

8. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

What platform, what tool?

9. Retrofit

just, paint and kag sandbox to look at it.

10. use paint.net and save it in 24 bits

11. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Can you use the photoshop colour chart for paint.net as well or is there a seperate one for it?
    If so where can i find it?

12. Zuceeny

Zuceeny Catapult Fodder

I was testing things out in paint and found that placing everything within a 13x13 background dirt area will prevent it from collapsing when a single block is destroyed.

I'm still playing around with it, so it might be more complicated than that, all I have made is a 13x13 background dirt area and put many different sized dirt platforms inside it, they did not collapse when I broke them

If the background dirt was shorter than 13 in any direction it would collapse.

Kouji likes this.
  13. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

That's actually fairly interesting and useful.

Did it only work if it was 13x13 square, or is more of a 13x13 circle? Additionally, did you test if it worked if you keep the same number of dirt background tiles, but changed the shape? Either way, great to know.

14. Zuceeny

Zuceeny Catapult Fodder

Sorry, I didn't think my post through very well.
    I started with a 5x5 dirt square, and the background dirt extended 13 in 4 directions.
    so from the center of the 5x5 square it extended 15 in each direction, which seems like a more likely number anyway.
    so in total it was a 31x31 square, extending 15 in every direction from one center block.

sorry for being dumb in the last post :p
    </br>--- merged: Jul 20, 2013 3:09 AM ---</br>
    more info:
    It was still stable when I changed the shape of the dirt platform without changing the background
    It did not work with a circular background, 31block diameter

I extended the platform to go outside of the background, and it remained stable even after breaking the dirt connecting the portion that was outside of the background to the part inside. (after breaking the connection a single block of background dirt was still connecting it to the 31x31 background.)

But when the connection was a ladder the whole platform was stable when broken until the ladder was destroyed, the portion outside of the background fell.

Kouji likes this.
  15. PixelatedHero

PixelatedHero Catapult Fodder

how do you save single player maps?

16. intergang

intergang Catapult Fodder

Hello,

I have a few questions before I dive into map making.
    1. How do you make tilted trampolines?
    2. How tall can you make a map can you do 200x500?
    3. Is it possible to use a custom background or textures in a map without loading a mod? IE: such as including a background image or having a gargoyle statue on top of a castle turret.
    Thank you in advance x).

17. Retrofit

1. you cant (not sure)
    2. any size you want, but smaller than around 60 x 60 will collapse on itself.
    3. you cant

18. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

You create your map then save it into Base>Maps. Now go into your game and load up sandbox. In the "Home" key, type: "/loadbitmap "mapname", or "/loadmap "Mapname".

If you need any more help send me a pm via forum, hope this helped. :)

19. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

20. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

How do you get to console? Is it the other window that opens with KAG Beta?