1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Camera Broken?! Please help me!

Discussion in 'General Help' started by mrgamergod22, Feb 23, 2013.

?

Anyone else having this problem?

1. Yes!

33.3%
  2. No!

66.7%
  1. mrgamergod22

mrgamergod22 Builder Stabber

I've been playing KAG for about a year with no problems but a couple weeks back I got a new graphics card and when i tried to play KAG it looks like the camera is fixed down like 8 blocks. I've re installed this game like 4 times and still the same problem:( Can someone please help me. And no the fixed camera option doesn't help.
    screen-13-02-23-11-14-49.png
    </br>--- merged: Feb 23, 2013 12:24 AM ---</br>
    Also my items in the top left look like shit can anyone help me with that too?

2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

There's a glicth where you spawn with two characters, but one is in the ground, and when you go to take a screenshot, it goes to the one in the ground.

3. mrgamergod22

I had already thought of that and its not the problem :/ there is nothing there... and if anyone knows how I can fixed my item bar in the top left of the pic I would be thankful, The bomb seems to be the only item that looks right :/ screen-13-02-23-11-42-25.png
    </br>--- merged: Feb 23, 2013 12:47 AM ---</br>
    And this is on every server, I'm just using single player for the sake of it
    </br>--- merged: Feb 23, 2013 12:50 AM ---</br>
    And in the first photo it thinks the tent is below it's self :/ I also need to go above like 7 blocks so I can break a ladder or block -.-
    </br>--- merged: Feb 23, 2013 12:51 AM ---</br>
    It's like a 3rd person noclip thingy in a 2D game... If that makes sense

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Since your graphics card is different, have you tried updating it's drivers?

5. mrgamergod22

It seems to be up to date

6. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you've already tried updating the driver, my suggestions would be to turn off the X2 shader and try the game in both fullscreen and windowed mode. If that doesn't work, letting us know what actual card you are using might be needed.

7. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Try changing the resolution, it looks like it's a resize problem with your GPU's driver..

8. mrgamergod22

I've tried windowed and full screen neither work and i have no idea what X2 Shader is:oops: and my graphics card is a "ATI Radeon X800" Or something like that.
    I tried that and i can't seem to find the right on :/ every time I change the resolution it changes where the camera is fixed at, If it helps my desktop resolution is "1920 by 1080 pixels"
    Thank you everyone for helping me so far :smug:
    </br>--- merged: Feb 23, 2013 5:29 AM ---</br>
    I've usually been playing on "1024 x 768"
    </br>--- merged: Feb 23, 2013 5:37 AM ---</br>
    Oh and i'm running Windows XP if that helps?

9. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Startup KAG and login to your account. Once you get to the menu, go to settings->video->uncheck smooth shader.

In case you don't know where resolution is either, startup KAG, press setup, and play around with the window size. You might want to try using one of the smaller ones with an asterisk next to it.

If none of this works, assuming you just downloaded AMD's standard driver installer, you should have access to that program on your computer to mess around with settings. Some default setting there could be causing it too.

soulrealm likes this.
  10. mrgamergod22

Wow xD it was that simple I just unchecked smooth shader and it fixed it... when I turned it back on its was bugged again :rollseyes:
    Thank you so much for your help everyone :)
    There still are 2 more things I don't understand, 1st why did the smooth shader mess up the camera and 2nd anyone know how to fix the look of the items in the hotbar thingy in the top left, they look like shit:(