1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Unlimited Lives or Ticketed Matches?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mellian-Quar-Xililix, Feb 11, 2013.

?

Lives or no Lives?

1. Lives

65.0%
  2. No Lives

35.0%
  1. Orso

Orso Haxor Official Server Admin

For the unlinited respawn, there need more people (something like 10 vs 10) it's more difficult to have a win'team at end under 8 people by team, in ticketed match, there isn't is problem.

(Sorry for my english)

2. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I'm not sure which I prefer, actually.

With lives, I end up making everyone ragequit because I'm an archer and archers do that
    With no lives, My usefulness is restricted to holding the enemy back and thinning out the Knights for when they meet OUR knights.

I think I'm slightly OP in Lives mode though, heh =P

3. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

I enjoy the unlimited matches much more. Mainly because you don't have to pay (or at least so much) for the stupidity of your team. If they die, it's their problem and you can play without worries.
    But more importantly, it encourages offensive gameplay. When a team has less lives left than the other, it naturally gets more defensive. And with defensive I mean annoying archer-intensive camping.
    In unlimited, it makes little sense to camp as not only it is a lose-or-draw situation, but also the enemy often gets a substantial resource and height advantage.

4. Orso

Orso Haxor Official Server Admin

It's a good argument.
    And at end of match, when they have an AFK in ticketed match, it's really boring and irritating

5. Saffron

Saffron Builder Stabber

I really like both, you need a different strategy for both, they have both advantages and disadvantages too. It honestly matters on the skill of the player, if you're a new player you're probably going to go with unlimited lives, and if you learned the game a little bit more you might go with limited lives. It just matters on your taste of gameplay. If I had to really choose it would be pretty hard, considering I play both on and off; I guess I would choose unlimited lives, because I like long gameplay, and not feel like you just ruined your whole teams chance by dying. That's just my opinion though.

6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

unlimited is better (despite voting for limited)
    reasons why:
    1. i am a coward in real life, i freely admit. therefore online i can be uncowardly i want or cowardly :p in limited you make more cowardly plays then in unlimited
    2. unlimited promotes offensive alpha strikes play. limited promotes camping/turtiling, camping/turtling is bad:>:(:
    3. limited will always have winners and losers, it is easy to win/lose, near impossible to draw unlimited will usually end in a draw but when you do win you should feel proud for yourself unless you won by having a team that is 2+ more players then the losing team and in that case you are sodden bastard:>:(: who won based on zerglings and not much skill:rollseyes: . if you won despite the disavantage you should feel uber proud and i salute you!:)

7. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I like limited lives because I'm used to it. The first time I ever played KAG I came into the game during build phase at Mazer realms.

Our team was building an amazing base and I stood there and watched it awe, then as the timer reached 0 everyone rushed to the front. After about 15 minutes of a fun game pushing back and forth on the hill I didn't re spawn anymore and I was like "wut?" Then I watched as the last three guys in our team fended off the enemy for 5 minutes... It was epic.

So yeah. I'm really biased towards limited lives just because I like the flow of the games, initial rush, brutal fighting, and sometimes a twist ending.

8. hans_02

hans_02 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ticketed one because the unlimited one often leads to draw.

9. I find ticketed matches to be the most dramatic. Especially when the counter is at 0 and your last one left to face an army of scrubs and plebs. BC's Flatmap is where the last stands are at.

It's even more awesome when you win.

Maverick, jeffeypop and Guitarman like this.
  10. Bioautomaton

Bioautomaton Mysterious Man/Machine Donator

Ticketed matches are where it's at. I feel like a team is better rewarded for skillful combat and tactics. Unlimited just becomes "lololololrushrandombombspam" rinse and repeat, often resulting in a draw. There's little impact made by good play, fending off 2-3 knights by yourself and emerging alive simply means a little time was bought. It lacks the suspense and tension of the endgame in ticketed matches, and there is always a winner in ticketed matches, one way or another.

For instance, the other day I was uncharacteristically playing builder, desperately patching our fortress as the enemy team beat itself against our walls. BC was sapping underneath as an engineer and dildor was tossing bombs in large quantities. I managed to hold the tower together by only the the last block, patching breaches as they occurred and throwing myself out into brief lulls in combat to repair the tower wall from the outside in, sometimes resorting to wooden door patches until I could get a breather to dive back into the stone pits. We weathered the storm and reduced them to 0 tickets with us sitting at a mere 8 when all was said and done. A successful counterpush was made and the enemy fortress was reduced to smoldering ruins as we chased down the remains of the army that had besieged us for half the game.

This would never have happened in an unlimited match - we would have simply timed out, or eventually fallen to endless bomb spam as we ran out of stone. These end-game reversals are half the fun of ticketed matches.

11. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

I love ticked matches just for the "Defending Alamo" feel when the match is 0-20 and I'm on the team with 0.
    Sometimes I'm given to imagining the other team as a bunch of angry Mexicans.

Mellian-Quar-Xililix likes this.
  12. Supran0va

Supran0va Ballista Bolt Thrower

i love games with lives because strategy gets used more often

13. KCx13

KCx13 Catapult Fodder

> Chooses lives
    > realises contributing to #YOLO
    > Raises katana and slits throat

14. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I prefer ticketed matches for almost the same reason as Mellian. I love the end where you need to stay alive to ensure your team's victory! Also fun getting all the glory when you gibb the remaining enemy builder. >:]