1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Teleglitch - a roguelike shooter

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fate, Dec 8, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

You are alone in a scientific complex on a deserted planet.
    Monsters have overrun the base.
    You gotta survive.

Fun?
    Hell yes.

It's a top-down shooter with a very distinct and minimalistic pixelated art-style. The game's most distinct features:
    * You can only see what the character can see (so you gotta peek around corners and such)
    * Weapons and ammo are scarce, more often than not you are forced to create improvised devices (like my favourite, the Cangun, which shoots an entire can of nails in a general direction, obliterating everything)
    * You can combine items you find to create interesting devices, weapons, ammo (nailgun, nailbomb, steel plate armor, assault rifle that fires depleted uranium rounds, panzerfaust, to name a few)

The UI is minimalistic and very easy to work with.

http://www.teleglitch.com/
    http://www.tigsource.com/2012/12/05/teleglitch/

TotalBiscuit's WTF is... Telegtlich?

Digger101, Hawxx, SlyStalker and 6 others like this.
  2. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Tis' game. AAAWESOME. Playing demo. Is great. I will definitely purchase it when I'll get more cash or just wait for sale ^_^

'Little McGyver' game element is always a fun thing, plus gameplay is very smooth and entertaining. Certainly recommending, if you don't get easily scared by rough graphics style.

Afaik, MM also approves (at least his Facebook profile does).

Froghead48 likes this.
  3. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

man, i just got this game and it roxx teh sockx. Being a moderate fan of roguelikes AND top-down real time games, i think i'm in love now.

4. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Just to let you guys know that TotalBiscuit did a WTF is... Teleglitch? video, which I embedded in the top post.

dnmr likes this.
  5. dnmr

kinda disappointed he didn't use the stimulants :P

Fate likes this.
  6. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Fucking awesome game. I love how the pixels distort while firing. Though...
    Suffered a really cheap death on Level 6, in that one room with the machinegunning robot(?) snake thing. Up until that point the loudest noises were from the teleporter, but oh god. The loud scream from it surprised me and delayed my reaction long enough to result in my death.
    </br>--- merged: Feb 28, 2013 5:35 AM ---</br>
    Finally got around to beating this game.
    Teleblitz probably would've been a decent title. Mostly in consideration of the final boss.
    Bullets. Bullets and lasers and explosives and nails all over the entire goddamn place holy shit man
    Get powerlegs. But be warned, even with powerlegs there's tons of shit you can't outrun.

dnmr likes this.
  7. dnmr

it becomes super easy after you beat it once and figure out how it works :)
    cannon cannon, hide behind a column to reload, rince and repeat :spam:

8. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Yeah, it's much easier with that weapon, I had used up all of the ammo for that one on the large squidbots in lower levels. I had saved up a bunch of laser batteries because I assumed the boss was gonna be a robot. And not just a bunch of walls instead.

9. Ulthuanelf

Ulthuanelf Shark Slayer

It took me ages to get to level three. And then I died. X3

10. dnmr

i tried doing a run where you'd craft the weapon ASAP and keep making ammo for it as soon as you start getting the ingredients :p You can get it very early in the the game if you manage to survive with low tech weapons. Needless to say, it was a blast.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 28, 2013 8:52 PM ---</br>
    apparently the game has been updated and released on steam

Shadza likes this.
  11. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Having finally taken the time to play this, I can confirm the awesome. Dat shockblade makes the earlier levels SO much safer. <3

12. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Teleglitch: Die More Edition is on sale on Steam 75% off, which means it costs 3.25€
    Fucking get it now if you were on the fence before.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    dnmr likes this.
  13. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I just got it on Steam, and am rapidly trying to obtain and sell trading cards so I can scrounge up enough for the DLC.

... of course, whether I get the DLC or not depends on whether it's worth it. Is it worth it? Anyone know?

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Mang, keep getting ganked by ~6 machine gun wielding guards on level 5. No matter what I do or plan I'll turn my back for half a second to open a cupboard and suddenly I'm full of holes. ;-;

Psiklaw and startselect3 like this.
  15. dnmr

last time i played i got ganked by a bloody squid up my ass. Ragequit for another year. Game still good.

startselect3 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

And yet the only other choice was to start a new thread; which would have been silly. :huh?:

Calling a post a necro is really only applicable if:
    1. the thread being posted in is no longer relevant/useful; AND
    2. the post being made in said thread fails to add anything of worth to make the thread relevant/useful.
    This is the thread for appreciating/share about Teleglitch. The game is still played (as both dnmr and my posts demonstrate), and thus the thread remains relevant. I'm sharing frustration with fellow players, and thus the thread remains useful as a place for Teleglitch players to seek sympathy for the pain visited upon them by the game. My post adds to both these facets, and thus continues to make the thread viable, relevant, and useful.

Also, a Noburu: :noburu:

Your argument is invalid.

Joiken and 101i like this.
  18. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

Actually the guns and stuff cost 0.99 euro. I am thinking about buy this game.

19. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

This game is serious business, I can't get past level 7 ::(:

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  20. I just realized I had this game lying around in my steam library (prolly got it for free). Might give it a try just to be bad at it.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi