1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KARPS Jobs

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by VanHuek, Mar 2, 2013.

?

Are you looking forward to KARPS 3.0 and Sandbox Survival (SP/Co-op?)

1. Yes,

79.2%
  2. No (leave a comment below).

5.7%
  3. Not sure yet.

15.1%
  1. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

This thread will be expanded heavily but for now:

Looking for:
    • Sound Artists
    • Coders (in web design and C++ Angelscript)
    • Graphic Artists
    • Financial Aid
    Currently the team is large but a lot needs to be done but the main coders are Ardivaba and Verra (maybe Splittingred) with others like Chrispin, Ferne, Unnamedplayer, Arcrave, Rayne, Beef- the list goes on. For art we have the likes of Contrary, Anded, MishKa (afk need to contact) and DawnofNights (others including KeyofDoor, TotalPotato and Zeeeee80 and others).
    A lot of sprites have been done so far and coding starting shortly for KARPS and as the biggest project it requires the best team. If you're interested please reply, PM or catch me on IRC (not in-game) and financial support will go towards hosting competitions for scripting, giving rewards to coders to help incentivise the coders and paying for hosting.
    Thanks,
    For a little first task:
    [​IMG]

delankski, Aftermath, Lieber and 6 others like this.
  2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

i like where your going with this. too bad i have none of the skills your looking for.

3. Tx_Syclone_xT

Tx_Syclone_xT Builder Stabber

This seems really interesting. I am looking forward to playing this when it is finished.

4. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Map making? And meant to make the poll do you think it should be available Co-Op and singleplayer too?

5. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Do you need anybody to make propaganda?

6. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Sure although not in the KARPS dev group quite yet as going to do a purge for inactives etc soon.

7. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

you need maps? what kind of maps?

8. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

2000*2000 anything ruins, dungeons, zombies spawns

Froghead48 likes this.
  9. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

What is zombie spawn ? We can add that on map ?

Froghead48 likes this.
  10. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

No places to spawn them, you tell me and I'll do it.

11. UltraMarine_Val

1. FUN Servers

Okay thank, Wow is a BIG work, i have compared the old map of KARPS when the new map (2000x2000), your projet is a good projet

Froghead48 likes this.
  12. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

2000 by 2000?

This is going to be quite an adventure.

13. UltraMarine_Val

1. FUN Servers

I have tested on my server but he can't generate a 2000x2000

14. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

I can't wait :)

15. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

I would be willing to help, I have been wanting to play an adventure kag server for some time now. I have been producing electronic music for about 3 years now, I think ambient/environmental background tunes would go well with your idea. Let me know if you need assistance in the music department.

Bint and Lieber like this.
  16. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You'll definitely want to PM VanHuek. We're looking people for the sound and music department.

17. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Will do. thank you.

Lieber likes this.
  18. Red47

Red47 Shipwright

Hmm still need coders? I've been doing Python for about 2 years now and I started c++ around November last year. (I also know quite abit about lower end assembly languages, i.e x86 and binary/hex, although i doubt thats useful )If you need help I might be able to contribute if I find the time

19. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Sounds good apply to the KARPS Dev Group.

20. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Heh, I'd love to help out with this project - although my main skill really only consists of coding and "perfectionism", for lack of a better word*. Currently my only languages are a really obscure language BYOND, LUA and VERY basic knowledge in C# (from my Terraria modding times) - usually I learn stuff just by reading the source code of others, and applying it to the knowledge I already know. Usually it turns out okay (as evidenced by my Terraria mods, and ComputerCraft Programs)

Basically speaking: I probably won't be able to help until KAG Beta is already out, so I can use the built-in scripts as a reference for my own.

* Professionalization? Grammar Nazification? Making sure everything is uniform and stable? I have no idea what to call it.