1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What's your opinion on "double slashing"?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Tx_Syclone_xT, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tx_Syclone_xT

Tx_Syclone_xT Builder Stabber

By this, I mean when you slash and if you left click straight after, you preform another slash straight away. Which can be very annoying. What's your opinion on double slashing? Do you like/dislike that its in the game? Does it make it harder/easier for players to fight?

tobz789 likes this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You are supposed to double slash. The only annoying part is that the second hit doesn't always connect.

Digger101 likes this.
  3. If the double slash detected another player that you hit and nudged you a coupla pixels in their direction so that your second slash ACTUALLY CONNECTS, it'd be perfect. Then again, that'd largely result in 'KNIGHT OP' screaming matches. Plus, that'd be tough to implement, at least, I think it would.

XyellowX likes this.
  4. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Double slash is best

CrystalClear likes this.
  5. KCx13

KCx13 Catapult Fodder

The true question.

Would you rather that, Shield bash was implemented, and double slash taken away, or vice-versa?

6. Foremole

Foremole Tree Planter

Personally, I like where Knight is right now. But what we do need is better Archers. They get killed so quickly when faced with any type of melee. As for double slash, it's fine - the only thing that stops people from just running at each other and clicking randomly is the prospect of being double slashed. 1v1s in tunnels can go on for about 20 seconds without a single hit, because both sides are hopping around.

If you're mad that it kills builders/archers too easily, then that's your problem. Remember - builders build the giant towers that hold out upwards of 5 knights. If they were equal to knights, they would be way too powerful. Archers, on the other hand, really need to get buffed up. Even at long distance, a 1v1 between an Archer and a Knight almost always results in the Knight winning.

7. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Double slashing is necessary for knight vs knight combat. Without it, there would be no one-on-one knight fights. All you would have to do is shield against slashes and jabspam afterwards. In fact, since you actually have to LAND the first slash to do it again, the only place you could make a valid point against this is knight vs builder combat (archers die on the first slash, default settings). But in that case builders are supposed to be building, so that matchup doesn't really matter.

@Foremole - If you want archer balance, nerf their range. With that, you can buff arrow speed (max damage still 1.5 or 2 hearts) and give them back the ability to stun (break shield defense) of knights because they won't be able to camp so hard. They have been nerfed and remained weak because people will just camp with them in towers, but by shortening their range catapults are better able to counter their towers and force the enemy team to actually play aggressive or lose their wall.

UnnamedPlayer, Jim_Dale and Contrary like this.
  8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Double slash is a fantastic mechanic and is necessary for both individual and group fights. As Brandon said, it's the only really good way to get around shield (besides bombs) and also the amount of space it covers makes it the only thing that makes taking on groups possible (besides bombs).

XyellowX, UnnamedPlayer and Guitarman like this.
  9. wildnikke

wildnikke Burner Donator

Double slash is handy at times but can be annoying when theres only 0 units left, I Like the double slash

10. Tx_Syclone_xT

I don't have anything against double slashing I just wanted to know what peoples opinions were, yes I agree with you. As for Archers, I agree completely with you as well. As Archer is the only class I really play, I think they should at least buff them up a bit. Maybe an extra half a heart or a full heart? or able to take their shooting range down a bit (Like what Brandon816 said) and maybe make the archer be able to charge arrows quicker? I don't know.

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I think discussion about archers is highly off-topic..

Whatever, double slashing is really necessary for the game. It is a bit annoying in a sense that it can't really be blocked by anything, as shield bash was taken away. Usually the second hit fails though, it would be awesome if it wasn't so buggy.

12. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Don't tell this to the people of Action! Unlimited

arcanecat likes this.
  13. Supran0va

Supran0va Ballista Bolt Thrower

the implementation of double slash is really nice because if you execute it correctly you could beat almost anyone. on the other side its pretty op

14. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

The only problem I have with double slash is that they are random. Most of the time when I go to do my second slash the enemy I'm after has moved too far away (via the knockback on the first slash), for me to hit him again; or neither contact and the jab spammer somehow clashes the slashes and overwhelms me. :rollseyes:

15. Supran0va

Supran0va Ballista Bolt Thrower

double slashing is more efficient if you corner the enemy

16. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Take it to an archer thread please. I dont want this to become an archer bitch fest.

17. coolman123ab

coolman123ab Catapult Fodder

I like it but if your in a tunnel or up against a wall and some one does it your basically dead

18. spence101

spence101 Builder Stabber

I'm not sure if it is just my computer but when ever people do the double slash, they Always seem to long sword me.
    It can get very annoying since the first hit makes me fly away then it lags and another hit kills me.

19. Tx_Syclone_xT

Yeah that pisses me off so much, I am trying to have a decent 1 on 1 knight fight and they lunge at me like they have commando on modern warfare 2. It's really annoying.

20. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Double-slash is necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.