1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Tx_Syclone_xT

Tx_Syclone_xT Builder Stabber

Archer can play defence, especially when they tower camp.

2. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

I honestly think there is no good way to fix archer, because hella's right, if you take away quick shots, then they can't do anything on the ground or in range of bombs, perhaps if we made it so that arrows that are fired at low strengths will disappear after they travel a short distance, because that's what range does when they're firing straight, but high up on a tower spamming arrows down, the arrows can go any distance because of gravity. If we made it so that the arrows would disappear after a short distance it would allow archers close to knights to defend themselves adequately, but force archers who wanted to sit there and spam to do so within range of a knight's bombs.

3. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Ahh, getting the balance between knights, archers, and builders are extremely difficult. Even more problematic would be implenting skill into archers. You don't need to be skilled to be able to use archers, which is the biggest problem. As using any other class, you'll need to learn how to use them correctly, while archer doesn't do this. I would say aiming short range arrows is easier than firing long range shots. So you've made archer easier, although you've balanced knight vs. archer better. Since archers have to engage knights at shorter distances, thus increasing risk of getting gibbed/killed.
    You could try and make archers a glass cannon. Practically decreasing their health, increasing their arrow range, giving them a decrease in arrow damage,and decreasing rate of fire. So making them strong in offence while giving them not alot of health. This would also make archers weak in close combat. Consequently, this would encourage camping, and spamming to a degree.
    As for shield breaking, I would say that removing shield breaking incourages some skill from archers.
    Now we have to buff archers in a way where they are balanced with the other classes. I believe we should keep the current state of archer, since any buff toward archer does make them over powered.

sdenote: Is speed modifiable?

SlyStalker likes this.
  4. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

Here in Action corp.TM We carefully listen to all your concern and opinions while laughing and pointing at you.

E:
    Ramsis for owning every company ever 2013.

Radpipe, Alpaca and Guitarman like this.
  5. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

[​IMG]

rocker2 likes this.
  6. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What the fuck is with this intelligent conversation and no bitching/moaning about being banned or how this is best server. WHAT THE SERIOUS FUCK?

Bammboo and Alpaca like this.
  7. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

I think the proper expression is: l fuck l (the absolute value of fuck), What the absolute fuck?

Noburu likes this.
  8. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I believe, dear alpaca, you mean: What the literal fuck? Which implies actual fucking to the expression. *I nod in approval*

arcanecat likes this.
  9. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

rawr godzilla map
    godzilla.png
    can this be added :3? 300x100

10. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

yeah, so, quick question?

If I, hypothetically, with 2 minutes left on the game clock, were to perform a double bombjump with 1000 ping, on the bridge map after people had collapsed 3 pillars by the enemy base, and I successfully landed, got the flag, and was on my way to escaping when i got killed by a laggy markyboy, but still managed to throw the flag off their base hill thing, down below, where it landed just 5 blocks away from one of my teammates, who just sat there like a fucking retard firing his catapult for 10 seconds until a red came and got the flag back, do you think, hypothetically, that that teammate deserves to be perma banned? if not, then banned for a week? day? hour? told he's a retard? (I hypothetically did the last one)

Rayne, I3lue, UnnamedPlayer and 3 others like this.
  11. Kramgnauh

Kramgnauh Bison Rider

I'd say a day :/

12. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

i have no worries with the new archer changes except two.
    1) archers that have a higher range than you will almost and always kill you, as their shots can now reach farther while yours fall short.
    2) hitting catas is just.. getting close to impossible now if they have a height advantage. usually with our old range, catas could be taken down rather quickly if archers charged shots. now i've seen many bases just get absolutely wrecked because no one can hit the cata.

Guitarman likes this.
  13. Follow him and freeze every time he enters the server.

Alpaca and Guitarman like this.
  14. no u.

btw, deputy4superadmin2013

Froghead48 and arcanecat like this.
  15. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Skarcrave, where is the server hosted now? ive noticed i have bad ping now D:

16. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester

I think it's in Dallas.

17. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

It used to be on a shiny Virginia server that ran super fast, but now it's hosted on some shitty server in mother fucking Texas. As a native Marylander, I want the-wait, "Marylander" is actually a word? Dafuq? anyway, as someone who lives in the state of Maryland, I want the Virginia server back, and I do believe that a lot of other people just want a server that's actually fast, cause the new one sucks, not just cause it's in texas, but cause it does.

Ej and Guitarman like this.
  18. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

That would be great! As a Virginian my ping would be amazing if the server goes back to Maryland!

19. MrIcarus

MrIcarus Arsonist

I used to get 33 ping and now this.

Froghead48 likes this.
  20. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Not fair to the Califags though. OFC wtf cares, bc califags. Yeah you Rayne, suck it.

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.