1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Defensive Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Conquerer, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

This is a tower that's designed for defense, so it's best to make it at the start of the game near the front of the base. It'd take too long and too many resources to make at the front line, but it is possible to build it up from a small tower. But it's basically designed for defense.
    screen-13-03-03-12-45-29.png
    Please critique and help me make it better. I'll change it around upon your request and make newer versions every now and then.

Pros:
    *Hard for knights to bomb over it.
    *Very archer-friendly.
    *Has a trap at the back in case the enemy gets in and can collapse down onto them.
    *Bomb chutes everywhere.
    *Covered with spike defenses to kill bomb-jumping enemies.

Cons:
    *Very expensive.
    *Takes a while to build.
    *Not too hard for enemy builder to grief/scale it.
    *Once knights get in, they could destroy the top archer nest with the bomb shop. (Solution: Switch the bomb shop and quarters?[Optional])

screen-13-03-05-18-51-53.png

2. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

I guess it's an ok tower, it looks like a dog also. Too much spikes in my opinion. Beside that great tower i would love to see you make more. Very unique i must say!

3. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

How about getting rid of the spikes on the underside of the archer's nest?

4. DubstepMonkey

Yea i guess because i doubt anyone would want to bomb jump that close next to that tower.

5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

It's good for spiking idiot knights that cata/bombjump where they clearly shouldn't be, the stone is probably better spent elsewhere though. On the subject the rear section doesn#t really need to be there, that bed would be much better off been with the bomb and arrow shops so you can keep everyone healed on the frontline and make sure there's no pause in defending because people need to go heal.

Jim_Dale likes this.
  6. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Yeah, to switch the bed and arrow shop is a good idea, because if there's multiple archers, 1 will almost always stay defending while the other refills, and vice versa. The rear end is going to be adjusted in the next version.

7. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Also you generally want roof access from inside your fort, to avoid getting shot at when preparing to bombjump, perform additions or repairs to the tower, or dealing with surviving enemy players.
    I would recommend making roof access points from areas like the left of the arrow shop or modifying the space above the bombshop.

Guitarman likes this.
  8. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You can get out of the spike pit if you know how ;)

soulrealm likes this.
  9. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

The spike pit doesn't let knights destroy the team doors. That's it's main purpose.

10. toffie0

True but the knights can get into it without losing a heart and then sheild up for othe knights to break the doors

11. Is this.... teamwork?

12. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

What isth thisth foreignth tongueth thy hearth beforeth me? :O

13. DubstepMonkey

Yesh it is cheesy damn you team workers! :>:(:

14. toffie0

I thought it was called squishing the person under you xD

Another thing with the building, people not so pro (being nice) will hurt themselves on the spike on the left, while getting up.

15. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Spike on the left? O.o

16. toffie0

Near the bottom on the left on a trap bridge

17. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Uh, you sure?
    screen-13-03-09-17-42-41.png
    Or the one in the spike pit? Either way, I tested each one on Swordfight with damageable lives, and both came up okay. ;_;