1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Snags

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

PTERODACTYLUSES!
    FLY!
    [​IMG]
    me want.

NinjaCell likes this.
  2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

this made me lol,

what makes you think you wont get permaban just for saying that?

wait are you even a tester?

3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You clearly didn't understand the joke.

NinjaCell, Beef and Bammboo like this.
  4. Monsteri confirmed for playing LoL fulltime.

NinjaCell likes this.
  5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

oh :(

6. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

LOL Gofio, we already have gregs, why do we need Pter... pteroda... da... dactyl.... uses???

7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

for awesomeness.

8. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I think he's talking about it in beta, since gregs are only in alpha

10. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I'm the one with the videos Monsteri: ill remove mine if you share. Keep it secret, Geti trusts us.

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The joke: :spam:

Your/My head: :p

I posted in this thread to confirm my sexuality, as all men should. :rekt:

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@RC:
    We're still profiling, but the performance scales badly with player count. At the moment there's really only 2 possible bottlenecks: Player scripts in general incurring too much overhead (there's about 50 scripts per runner at this point, though they are all flagged to only run in certain circumstances), or something related to the way collisions are handled causing way too many script calls (which is hard to locate in isolation, requiring a lot of time profiling an active server). Either way, we'll be profiling it all more this week, once we're recovered from 2 weeks crunching overseas :)

@Hatsumei, see above. It's not like we reimplemented the tilemap or water or whatever in scripts. However, almost all of the game related code is in scripts, which is how it should be if modders are to have proper control over how everything works.

MM got JIT compilation done over the weekend, but apparently it didn't fix the issue, and in fact caused slowdown with some scripts. On closer inspection this is largely because angelscript isn't optimally designed to work with a JIT compiler at this point, which is unfortunate but not terrible.

At the moment we're hoping that there's some stupid checks going on in relation to the physics, as a fix to something like that that would fix all the issues and mean we could release a beta to the forums, and start hammering bugs until its ready for steam. If not we're going to have to do profile/optimise iterations until it's there (which is how I expect it to play out, unfortunately).

Will keep you posted of course.

Reactorcore, Guitarman and Classic like this.
  13. eamono

eamono Arsonist

srry to hear the JIP stuff didnt work, hope you find the problem soon :)

14. yeah it will be great when 1.0 is released c:

15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Confirmed for gay >:^)

@Geti: about how many players are you going to try to make the server stable for? 16v16?

Contrary and BlueLuigi like this.
  16. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Since when did we had that kind of head?:eek:

17. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

How else do we support the devs with their finances other than buying premium? :huh?:

arcanecat likes this.
  18. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Cant wait for it. Its so close!

So are they working on making the game playable for people with bad pc's. And the server being a thing everyone can run without killing their computer.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 4, 2013 12:43 AM ---</br>
    Maybe people can pay the dev's money to maybe make the development faster?

19. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

But how? :huh?:

arcanecat likes this.
  20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

If you're looking to help the KAG team through donation, then there's always the option of buying more premium codes and giving them to those less priveledged than you. That allows for monetary aid, whilst also giving you the opportunity to be charitable, which is nice.
    I think Furai also has a paypal thingum specifically for donations that can help him not to die and be cast out into the cold streets of Poland, in that order. Only MM and Geti get money from KAG, as far as I remember, so Furai gains no benefits from his work, other than a warm fuzzy feeling inside (probably hate) as he manages justice and such.

edit: You could also donate to the forums, in which case you get a banner and a customisable title, in which you can state exactly how amazing I am. Or, y'know, a title you like. Whatever floats your boat.

Donating in any way won't make anything faster, because the devs are already working pretty hard. I'd work pretty hard, too, if it allowed me to buy food to fill the stomach of my metaphorical cat, if only so that it will make a good meal when I have guests 'round my place.

NinjaCell, feet, Lord_bugg and 4 others like this.