1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] General Archer Discussion

Discussion in 'Archer' started by killatron46, May 14, 2012.

1. Someone hasn't seen my lagscalibur.

2. Being Archer is great camping in towers, spamming together killing all who oppose! Archers are forever superior to the other classes, well uh kind of :/

3. Nope. Builders > Any other classes combined.

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I think if you could play a combination monstrosity of knight/archer as a single class, that would be better than a builder.
    Bomb arrows, arrow+shield climbing, slash tree vaulting > hammer+blocks :eek:

Yes, I'm just kidding.

Cirom likes this.
  5. That would be one hell of a class, but then again only a builder can collapse shit. And we all know how collapse is OP :3

MadDog likes this.
  6. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Yesh thats true Damn u builders :argh: :>:(: :argh:

7. Archer_Logo3_860.gif
    U Gotta Agree this is the noob archer strategy :3​
    Like if u like! :) :3 :heart:

8. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Don't be hatin' on archers. Noob archers, I can dig hating on them, but pro archers know how to make shit go down

Cirom likes this.
  9. Yer like me :3

Guitarman likes this.
  10. Duh. The pro archers are the ones getting all the hate. Everyone loves noob archers cause free kill.

Cirom and Karpovich like this.
  11. Damn this thread needs an update. We're pretty much talking about things not useful to noobs... Anyone got any good archer tips that are up-to-date? (2013)

12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I like to take risks as an Archer, and subsequently, I am killed more often. But it's really worth it, because you can only be so effective at a long range, and it's also a hell of a lot more fun to attack at close range.

It looks like the Official KAG 2: Electric Boogaloo (as I have called it before) will encourage Archers to get closer to the fight, because in that combat video, the fully charged arrow hardly had any range.

That means that the usual rule of Archer =/= Ninja will no longer apply... I don't know about you, but I'm happy.

Guitarman, MadDog and I3lue like this.
  13. Now there's the useful shit we all need :3

14. Yer i <3 close range, expecialy when u get and unexpected archer stomp and he is killed then u come up from behind of the knights in the field (hide in the tree/grass attack from behind) but most of the time i can only manage to get a kdr of about 1.5:1, which is not bad but is not a steady way to kill people so for some camping in a well built tower taking out unexpecting knights and builders can sometimes be the only way to get a significant kdr.

15. Close range, for me, should only be done when you have a way to escape arrows/bombs with ease. It's useless going up close and then getting killed by a bomb, or getting hit by an arrow and having no way to escape the second arrow that'll finish you off. There should always be an escape route before you enter any close range fights, so plan it ahead of time.
    If there's a multitude of trees however, you're pretty much safe from bombs and arrows if you know what you're doing.

Cirom likes this.
  16. I will remember that

17. spence101

spence101 Builder Stabber

I just realized this recently but when you are an archer and you need to chop trees for arrows,
    I would recommend being a builder and chop at tree. You will hit the tree faster to get coins to buy the arrows and you can also get wood for your team. It is a lot faster, more effective, and you will be a team player :)

Gofio, Contrary, feet and 1 other person like this.
  18. Yeah, but it doesn't work for clanwars if you have preset classes.

19. Jacent

Jacent Catapult Fodder

You forgot one more good thing about arrows: you can use them to climb.

20. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Argh adding to my post even though it's half a year's old and It's purpose was to point out how safe/risk-free arrows were compared to other things, and to annoy every single archer player on the forums.

On topic: Bring back surviving large falls by landing in a tree, was fun to see a archer flying/falling at super speeds and living because of a tree.
    Please remove archer's floating in tree's like some sort of pixie.
    The days of asking for changes to classic is long gone :<