1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Request] Custom HUD

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Kalikst, Apr 6, 2013.

1. While reminding myself of good, old Soldat time I was suddenly shocked that nobody haven't yet asked about it. Why KAG modders don't alter default HUD? I think you can come up with some neat ideas how to mod it. I'd really love to see modded HUDs coz I'm kinda bored already with the default one. I hope someone will take an account on my request and will treat it seriously and deliver us some modded HUDs :D.

I'm asking because it was really popular partial modification to Soldat and I think it might get popular in KAG as well.

2. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

I think the HUD for the script build is already altered in some ways. Anyway, modders should and will probably wait for the scripting build.

I know some skins which alter the color of the grey panels (Ammount of gold, arrows, bombs etc.) but for now that's about it I think. Don't know of any mods that change the shape of the HUD elements.

3. I used to run a kind of a haxed HUD back when the HUD was horribly big and covered half of your screen. Why would you want to change it now?

4. I just got used to the custom HUDs. While I was playing back then Soldat I changed them once in a time. I think it might be a new territory to explore, a modding playground for possible modders. I don't like texture packs but I would definitely go for a custom/modded HUD.

There's a load of ideas how to mod it - move it to the bottom, display bombs instead of number of them, etc. I don't have any graphic/modding skills but I'll try to make my own HUD out of basic KAG sprites and then I'll share it here.

5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

If someone were to make an HUD mod for KAG i would want it to do some useful things, maybe hearts are shown in the corner or a bomb timer that you can always see

miniu, Guitarman and Kalikst like this.
  6. miniu

miniu Haxor

Make it !

7. FlammableSoulz

FlammableSoulz Drill Rusher

I made a HUD
    HUD.png
    You can see thru it, I will maybe use it in my texture pack:)
    Tell me if you like it.

8. That's nice. But HUD not only limits to block selecting menu. It's also menu where you have information on resources and so on. According to my leaks there would be much more to do in the field of custom HUDs when beta comes out, as you can easily export everything you need to make your custom HUD as, for example, bomb timer and other fancy things. :)

Digger101 likes this.