1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Features Coming !

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by kiro, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Noc, illu, Im_a_Turtle and 1 other person like this.
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

fuck this boner hurts

3. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I am buying this game tomorrow for sure this is AWSOME:D.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Haha, forgot to cross-post this here, thanks Kiro!

The event's been mentioned in passing a few times before but nothing finalised, we're going to play it by ear and hopefully at least have workshops in. Hallows Eve been creeping up on us so we'll likely have to drop a few of those behind October but whatever, glad excited because we're planning on shaking things up a little!

5. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

I read : "Zombies mod".

Awesome if I'm correct :D

6. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Holy gold!
    I fucking told you we gonna have gendered characters, I really did!
    I can`t wait try `em out, and I still have to thank darDar for giving me a nice premium account, he made my day|s.

darDar likes this.
  7. laurentiu

Also, kiro:

8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

*sees the update and goes silently to cry into a corner*

9. Darklight

Darklight Shipwright

So much for the game being free to play. Not going to stop playing since it's still too much fun. Still, having a game changing mechanic locked only to paid accounts is a disappointing move.

10. laurentiu

I thought and still think that, what you say Darklight, is true. But paid members will only be used to use those premium stuff on premium servers, so basically we have no gameplay advantage against free members, we can only use those mechanics against other paid members on premium servers.

Hope you got it ;)

11. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

I can't wait for this... You guys are doing a great job updating the game :D

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Y U NO UPDATE FASTER? I want my hat :3

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

RE: "so much for free to play" - the game's still going to be free and we may or may not slowly siphon paid features into free play. Honestly though, we just need some way of supporting ourselves financially on this, and the current incentives dont seem to be enough to get a sufficient number of people to do that. I know I'm (slowly) having to dig into my savings to pay the bills. We don't want to make millions, we just want to make something fun. Unfortunately you still have to eat food and pay for electricity to be able to do that. If we could survive fully on donations, we would - if you have a large body of people keen to support us like that then send us an email.
    As it stands, the game is crazily cheap for how much you can play it and buying it now ensures that you get access to whatever we do with KAG in the future. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the users complaining about there even being a paid option are the under-15 crowd. You can mow someone's lawn and get paid more than we're charging - I paid more for lunch out than we're charging! The fact that the game has paid accounts is also a barrier to griefers attacking those whom we want to support as much as possible - our supporters! As long as we can deal with the volume, we'll be perma-banning any griefer accounts, gold or not.

@Monsteri: good or bad crying, and why crying for either?

@laurentiu: it's always been one of my plans. I try to be as inclusive as I can in my design and I'll be glad to see that update go live :) I'm worried that a lot of people will be expecting boobs and hips though - the gender difference will be slight in the bodies so the classes maintain their identity, a lot of the difference will come from the heads :) That picture shows male and female builders and knights, and a male archer I think. The archer is the least changed of all the classes because I made them intentionally androgynous for fun originally.

@kiro: ;) shh

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Geti: I have no credit card. Not till my fifeteens.

15. ArpiG

ArpiG Shopkeep Stealer

can't wait,so excited xD

16. laurentiu

I have a feeling...

that something is not right, a minute ago I couldnt connect and now all the servers are laggy and the game itself doesnt respond too fast...

17. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

All of you people with no credit cards; Do not worry. There is no shame in ASKING YOUR PARENTS to use one. Isn't that what you do already? Minimum wage is ~$7.00 just about anywhere. For the price of two Big Macs, you can purchase KAG. Work two hours at McDonald's and you can afford KAG. As an added bonus you get a discount on the Big Macs because you're an employee.

On another note, though. This looks awesome. Most anticipated update I've seen yet.

18. Darklight

Darklight Shipwright

Oh I got it but the thing is the more people who get the premium the less people will want to play free cause who would want to play without all the shiny fancy stuff once they had a taste of it. I know I wouldn't and I don't deny it. I understand the reasoning behind it don't get me wrong. Living today isn't cheap. I just fear this will cause at first a huge divide in the playerbase followed by the starvation of the free player games.

19. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Plenty of other games with similar models (free + premium versions) have not suffered this fate.
    It really depends on the game, but KAG is kick-ass enough to support a sizeable free + premium playerbase.

20. Darklight

Darklight Shipwright

True enough. I just liked being able to play with anyone regardless of being premium or free. Saw some awesome premium people in matches and it still felt like they were all on the same level more or less. Once these new features kick in I don't know how many of those people will bother anymore with the free, high griefer or noob risk games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.