1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Boulder Cannon!

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by applevac1998, Feb 3, 2013.

?

Was this helpful?

1. Yes

29.0%
  2. No

71.0%
  1. applevac1998

applevac1998 Shipwright

Hey guys, I just found out a little secret about kag weapons... You can use 3 boulders and some stone as a cannon! :eek: If you want to try it, here's the layout with = being stone, x being air and four b's being two boulders:
    X=XXX
    ==XXX
    =BBXX
    =BB==
    =====
    The way it works is you throw one boulder on the two boulders (pixel you throw it at will affect damage to cannon and range) and, most of the time, one boulder breaks, which causes a bounce to the other boulder which causes a gigantic bounce to the boulder you threw! I'm sorry if this is offtopic for this area, feel free to move it X3
    </br>--- merged: Feb 3, 2013 2:08 AM ---</br>
    Really sorry about no screenshot, they don't save on my comp for some reason... Can an admin or a normal kag member add a photo?

2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

it works but you need a high perch and it doesnt work a lot of the time

3. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Need picture... Or a video would be helpful.

4. applevac1998

applevac1998 Shipwright

I'm really sorry force, but my kag directory is unfindable... My KAG folder in my C: drive doesn't work for modding, screenshots, texturepacks, etc.. Do you know a fix, btw?

5. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

For some people the directory for KAG is in:
    C:\Users\"Your Username"\KAG
    For others, its at:
    C:\KAG
    Unless you redefined it during installation.

6. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Or you can put it in a catapult.

7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::h_rock::h_rock::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::h_rock::h_rock::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

so if you throw a boulder at it, it bounces?
    have you even though of using a catapult = 120 wood,
    instead of buying three boulders = 150 stone?

8. applevac1998

applevac1998 Shipwright

Have you even thought that this is a lot funner and not a weapon you'd use, only a fact? I mean really, I never said this was a weapon. It's a kag physics demonstration for you.

9. Brindobob

Brindobob Bison Rider

It is somewhat helpful and somewhat not. It is helpful because you don't have to make a seige workshop with 30 gold, and buy a catapult. But on the other hand, it dosen't make a lot of damage, and in the catapult it is. I think it is just something to have fun with.

Here is the picture on how to make it. ;)
    (You have to make the sides slanted, so it can go the direction you want it to go in, if not, it might just flip backwards, or just fly up.)
    Sorry. I was on solo sandbox, and it didnt have boulders, so that is just how you shape it.
    The gold blocks are where you put the boulders. How I do it is where I am standing, I throw a boulder between the first and second one, so it'll go > way. You need it to be 4 blocks on the bottom for it to work. This is exactly how you build it.
    There can be 3 or 2 boulders at the bottom of the build.
    You can also build it at the top of towers.
    [​IMG]

10. This structure is actually somewhat fun to use. :) I saw Brindobob using it the other day on Chidori's new server. It can be pretty un-accurate at times but other than that it's pretty funny to see boulders fly in random directions. Extra lols when you hit someone :D. Extra-Extra lols when you hit a bombjumping knight .X3 No lols when you accidentally destroy one of your buildings. :oops:

Froghead48 likes this.
  11. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

12. applevac1998

applevac1998 Shipwright

xD
    Yes, I said a kag weapon, but I didn't mean it in that way, you know? Weapon has a few different meanings, and by saying that "kag weapon" I actually just meant something that CAN kill, but more of a useful machine
    Also, I've found a new secret! You can launch yourself on the flying boulder and go HELLA FAR!

13. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

This is rather cost ineffective. Everytime this weapon is deployed not only do you have to build the launcher and waste a boulder(50 stone)
    Why not use a catapult like Gofio intelligently stated? Not only is the catapult more accurate, it is portable -.- and can also launch bombs.

14. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

cause we can
    b. cause we can
    c. because when it works it is awesome

15. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Statement said - Both the catapult and boulder cannon are very low accuracy at far range. BUT the catapult is way better then the cannon becuase it is cheaper and portable as Infiniterising said.

16. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Press your windows button, go to all programs, go to the Kag folder (that has the uninstall, launcher, readme, server, etc) and click game folder. This takes you to the directory.

Sorry for the late answer.

17. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Really cool idea in theory, but I am not sure that when applied would work too great, if you need to be fired anywhere just use a catapult for now or bomb jumpir even double jump for further distances.

18. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Reasons Why This Glitch is Terribad:>This is a glitch. We all know admins get butt-hurt over glitches.
    >This works 20% of the time, based on testing. (Testing is sekrit, do not ask details pls)
    >Developers made catapults. Recent study shows that catapults are 100% more likely to be cheaper than three boulder (which, may I remind you, are only 20% likely to succeed in this absolutely futile attempt of a glitch 'catapult').
    >stfu, i am rite

All tests and research were done under the supervision of Contrary, who, we all know, is very responsible.

19. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

>This is a glitch, it is our sworn duty to exploit it.
    >This works ~20% of the time, this is a pillar of the utmost efficiency that all other glitches must strive to duplicate.
    >The Devs made catapults, these however, are not glitches, and therefor useless until a related glitch can be found.
    >stfu I have a PHD in back alley mexican dentistry.

-Q likes this.
  20. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

>you did not read the last point