1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Newsletter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_bugg, Apr 14, 2013.

?

What do you think?

1. ARGHH! Burn it now!

15.8%
  2. It needs some work...

42.1%
  3. Decent

10.5%
  4. Good

47.4%
  5. Great

26.3%
  6. Not worth writing as its not needed.

15.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

I know that the news letter idea has been suggested before, but i ask you to read it before you write it off.

This is an old copy which I wrote a while ago, I think that it would be good for KAG to have a newsletter for those who dont check the forums often or simply dont want to check through several threads to get their information. I know that there are several arguments against this idea but I still think it could be helpful to a few.

At the moment i am just writing it for the experience and am not asking for any kind of dev affiliation.

Please read it and offer any critique you have.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ckboujppz1o73c/KAG News.docx

Athough it might not be needed now something similar is likely to be very helpful later when the modding community grows.

XyellowX, Freddex and Bint like this.
  2. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Needs a small graphics redesign but it is very good. If you need any help setting anything up do ask and if you want to turn it into a weekly, bi-monthly, monthly Community run newsletter we can do that? Maybe interviews with devs, project owners, tournament owners? Perhaps also video break downs on new features etc..?

3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I agree, it's good, but with a graphic redesign (it's annoying to read because of it's format to be honest), it could be great.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah, the three column layout is kinda hard on the eyes. That said, it looks good and I think it'd be a great contribution to the community! :D

Lord_bugg likes this.
  5. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

illu, Bint and inactive_account like this.
  6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

7. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Starbound, KAG Clone Much?

Bint likes this.
  8. One

it's more as inspiration, I don't really expect the op to make something of that quality.

That's a really ignorant thing to say.

9. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

It was a joke as KAG is always compared to Terraria, they are completely different games and as such have already pre-ordered Starbound; plus Lieber knows that.

10. One

Oh sorry for calling you ignorant then, I bought the silver tier myself.

11. Lord_bugg

Thanks for your comments :)
    I agree, the graphics need to be changed to something simpler. will do that for any further versions.
    This sounds great, id love to eventually make it something similar to the Starbound chronicle with things like exclusive interviews, hints about development, top 3 best mods.

It would be great to eventually get a proper community team writing this and eventually get something of a similar quality to the Chronicle.

12. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

ANd where do you plan on getting this 'hints'?

13. Lord_bugg

I dont know, it was an idea, I wasnt implying anything like pestering testers if that was what you were thinking.

VanHuek likes this.
  14. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Don't worry only joking, I can propose the idea onwards.