1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Happy 2nd Birthday to KAG! (Nostalgia thread)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ParaLogia, Apr 18, 2013.

1. TheUltraHamster

TheUltraHamster Tree Planter

I miss the old support system from back in the day. You could just skybridge across the map and it was soooo funny when someone would destroy it and kill EVERYONE. :D

Good times..

Happy birthday KAG, may you have many more years of awesome. :rollseyes:

2. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I miss being able to see your own health using the HUD.
    I miss collapses that didn't leave invisible nuclear fallout, shredding passersby.
    I miss bombs being OP
    I "miss" that 24 hour period where bombs exploded in 0.1 seconds and falling 5 blocks would make you explode violently.

I miss all the gold features and workshops and even the day/night cycle and MOLE server's exploding lanterns.
    (are there any active gold servers left in the US?).

I also miss a lot of the old players who (justifiably) stopped playing the game. I remember how surprised I was when someone actually said "hi" to me for the first time (Beef?), just because I played the game so frequently, and ever since I have reveled in the game's core community.

Ghozt, DukkyMomo4 and LostPix like this.
  3. Miggles

Miggles Shark Slayer

If any of you think you're true oldies, you're wrong.
    I'm from the original original group of people from DRL when Geti first leaked the game.
    Bow down before me

Piano, Makara and Gofio like this.
  4. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

You bow down.
    I'm from the original original original group of people from Michal's devlog and his first alpha testing group of Link-Dead using the Crimson Glory engine which also has been the base of KAG.
    My epeen is bigger!

Piano, Valkyrie, Ghozt and 2 others like this.
  5. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

I remember first joining, about 14 months ago in mid February, and I sucked at knight and only played archer. I played the game so much and enjoyed it a lot, then zombies came out and it was all bugged and the list goes on... not too far back, but it's still relatively old. Old version was really fun and all, but this new release will be the best. (I hope)

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Now, who remembers the glitch on one of the Forum themes where the alerts box appeared red, even when empty, as if you had new alerts? (Memories are not limited to the game only!) :red:

Or what about that time when you could jump up a four block wall by jumping three blocks, then scrambling up the corner of the fourth block? No vaulting or slash-jumping needed.

:castle_wall:
    :castle_wall: :up::B):
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

7. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Having joined in the beginning of 2012, I never saw the old builds. But that chat log is perfect good god why did they devs decide to put in that obtrusive tumor of a chat box in the middle of the screen. Pretty sure the GUI will be customizable (as everything else will be) when beta's released, but still. Shit's annoying.

Ghozt likes this.
  8. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Happy Birthday KAG! It's been a fun run so far. Can't wait for more good times. ;)

9. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

KAG introduced me to IRC, modding, clanning, play testing, forum-ing...ing, administrating, and online friends. This is the first forum I've ever joined and the first online community I've been an active member of. It's been a blast full of ups and downs but full of some fun memories. So thank you MM and Geti for starting this game two years ago, its been a wild ride.

So Happy Birthday King Arthur's Gold its been 2 years but you still have many more years ahead of ya.

Valkyrie, Noburu, Ghozt and 6 others like this.
  10. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Im sad to say i got in just after test build 54;-; i never got to see that amazing master race of kag :D. i do remember all the other things after it tho and my god has kag come a long way. the only real bugs now in kag are the flying glitches and 0 heart glitch. but we all know whats the true enemy here... lag would be it im sure :3. if what i heard is correct the angel scripting system has the potential to completely erase lag in the form of mods. lets hope this is true and lets hope KAG 1.0 comes out within a week or 2 of this post right here. if it dont imma gunna kwy :QQ:

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Pretty much stole the words out of my mouth there, Fel. :)

Woo! Two whole flipping years for one of the only games I know that allows for, er, flipping... ::P::bird:

12. trigger-happy

trigger-happy Catapult Fodder

wow hb guys i first found out about this game when i was watching ggsp lol :D

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

You just learned how to become an online nerd through all of this, jk. :D

I joined around build 70ish, played few times and I don't remember if it was available to buy Premium or not but I was probably the first 10 or 100 to get it, because there was a counter.

Valkyrie and Fellere825 like this.
  14. Aftermath

Aftermath Shipwright

Happy birthday to you, You guys are a Zoo, I fail at song lyrics, Here is a poo
    [​IMG]

Piano likes this.
  15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

you disgust me here' s emote cake
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::red:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::gold_bullion:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::gold_bullion:
    :blank::blank::dirt::dirt::dirt::gold_bullion::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :blank::dirt::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::gold_bullion::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt:
    :dirt::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::gold_bullion::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt:
    :dirt::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt::blank:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :blank::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :blank::blank::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :blank::blank::blank::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

lavalord likes this.
  16. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Aftermath's is a real cake though :p

17. GloriousToast

One that is likely not directed at kag as it uses the word old where kag is still pretty new.
    also this one is more suited
    [​IMG]

Piano, lavalord, illu and 1 other person like this.
  18. This game is the shit.

Good stuff.

19. GloriousToast

toast cake yet to sxist edit exist*

inactive_account likes this.
  20. eamono

eamono Arsonist

i wish i had some nostalgic memories but i joined last november :(

guess i'll have to wait until this game hits steam