1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about bomb jumping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUKIDESUYO, Nov 25, 2012.

?

How do you feel about bomb jumping?

1. I love it.

160 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. I hate it.

24 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

How do you guys feel when people ninja cap the flag? Yesterday I got a really hype ninja cap, the enemy way pushing our tent and we only had like 5 tickets left. Using three bombs I bomb jumped to their flag and then picked up another three bombs for the run home with the flag. They were all smashing through our home base so they didn't even notice me until I got back. Lots of cries of "lol" "conlryt hak" "wtf" and I'm pretty sure Vidar almost had a stroke. But one guys was really mad and he after a bit of complaining he ragequit. I was super happy at first but that one guy got me thinking, was he really looking forward to that last siege? Did I ruin his fun? Did I ruin everyone's fun? Did I ruin all the fun that ever was, is, and ever will be forever as we drag ourselves weeping through the gutter of pain and madness crying for release but death never comes?

It was probably ok but I dunno.

lavalord and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Speaking as someone who loves preforming ninja tunnel caps, I have nothing wrong with the BJ ninja. Seriously, if people can't take the time to properly enclose their flag, shops, 'nstuff then they deserve to have their siege spoiled. Same with not paying attention-- I'm always 'WTF??!?' when my team loses to a ninja, but if they were able to get past us and back again, without us noticing, then more power to them I say!

lavalord, Galabranth and zollie20 like this.
  3. whatever1works

whatever1works Drill Rusher

Bomb jumping is just cheap IMO, as a builder, even when you do enclose your flag, the bomb jumper usually just breaks down the doors (cus there is nobody back at base). Ive had times when i 'bomb jumper proof' my base with spikes a crap, and they still survive. WAY TOO OP

4. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah, I agree, it costs nothing for the bombs, and there's no risk involved for the bomb jumper either, it's literally impossible to make any kind of effective defence, and anyone who bomb jumps has no skill whatsoever, and should go and get a life. WAY WAY TO OP. Am I right?

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hush, Hella. Not everyone has had the blessing of access to good quality satire when they were young. Stop flouting your advantages. :p

whatever1works, if a lone bombjumper can get into your base then clearly you've built it wrong. A good base should have the doors high enough that a knight requires help to reach them and walls/roof thick enough that it requires a minimum of 4 bombs to get through to the flag. Additionally, an anti-bombjump tower is easy enough to construct. Looking at things objectively, noting how easily things can go wrong when you bombjump, the risk/reward for bomb jumping is about right.

6. Alaiscool

Alaiscool Arsonist

I think bombjumpers arent too cheap as they have to be able to get in and out of your base not dead.

Contrary likes this.
  7. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I love bomb jumping, it's the only way I can use bombs without killing myself. It's great to get to the battlefield fast to skip the walking or jump over those towers on the other team. Also there is a range of different bomb jumps and each bomb jump needs practice to master, so I'd you get bored you can practice bomb jumps.

8. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Speedhacking is faster It is very addicting bombjumping over the enemy base; even if I never do anything and die straight away.

RadioActive and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  9. TheUltraHamster

TheUltraHamster Tree Planter

My favorite thing about bomb jumping is when you have that epic moment when you skip across 3 players successfully killing them all, and then getting pissed off because your computer is too shitty to record anything. :>:(: :QQ: :(

10. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

i love bomb jumping in war maps with water. on chidoris i coin farmed enough for the super keg. surfed over. blew their fortress wide open and died which is understandable since there is no way to block that explosion. i then bought 2 bombs, bomb jumped over got the flag then bomb jumped back whilst skipping on the water on my way back XD. it was pretty dam epic :D and they were all like "wut..." i can see tho why it would be cheap especially in the arl but of course any one there should be fairly competent enough to stop such a thing anyways.

TheUltraHamster, blukey and Contrary like this.
  11. TheUltraHamster

TheUltraHamster Tree Planter

One does not simply,

[​IMG]

stop kedram :D

kedram likes this.
  12. master3327

master3327 Shopkeep Stealer

I think Bomb jumping is ok. Everyone has at least 1 O/P thing.

Archers: Fricken O/P damage from far away.
    Knights: Bomb jumping
    Builders: O/P towers

If a bomb jumper gets in your base, Its obviously you don't have a roof... Like seriously if you had a roof and protection behind you then you would have no problems... And also.. SPIKES! :D

13. Not just far away. They're powerful when it gets to close combat when a knight lacks bombs. Bomb jumping is fine as it is. Gives knights that "edge".

14. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Like everyone said, bomb jumping is very flexible, many people do it for the fun. But I for one use it to get over towers i don't feel like spending 3 hours destroying.

15. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Knight without bombjumping = :thumbs_down:

16. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Agreed ^ Bomb jumping makes it so fun. :D

17. eamono

eamono Arsonist

bombjump is the second most fun thing about knights, right next to sheilds

Gofio likes this.
  18. That feeling when you make a bomb jump and on landing killing archer c: <
    </br>--- merged: Apr 21, 2013 9:31 PM ---</br>
    heheh >:D

Gofio likes this.
  19. I personly, love bomb jumping and it is my pride and joy.
    If it wasn't for bomb jumping I would never stop being archer.:p

Gofio likes this.
  20. SentinelTank

SentinelTank Shark Slayer

Bomb jumping is awesome, the idea of being able to bomb jump in, rape train it up and bomb jump out. It really makes knight combat interesting on pub servers :D
    Its totally preventable by buildings however, and liberal placing of spikes can deter enemy knights from trying it.

butterscotch likes this.