1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Archer friendly Base Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by shimmak, Apr 27, 2013.

• added build number
    I've used this tower for a while now and was wondering what the KAG community thought of it. A few things you should note:
    1. Normally I will connect this to a tower/base behind it (via stone walls), so that it is more fortified.
    2. Most of the team-bridges I put in the diagonal bit and about half of the team-bridges in the foundation tower are unnecessary, I only put them there because I was on sandbox.
    3. Rather than the small grinder I placed at the front of the tower a spike pit can be placed if there is enough time/resources/necessity.

All thoughts, ideas and criticisms are welcome.

Attached Files:

1. Noonan

Noonan Poots Donator

It may be effective once it's up.
    It's very resource greedy. You also don't need all those spikes. I would get rid of all the spikes on the team doors and on the front most wall (you didn't hold back on the spikes :P ), and add a few spikes on the bottom section of the front wall, so that the bomb jumping knights slide onto it and take damage (that's all you need). Also the collapse would be very difficult to get any collapse kills, the enemy will be running towards the team doors will try and get up. So I would try add a collapse section above the team doors, where they will most likely try get up, for more effectiveness.
    Nice idea anyway.

2. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Very weak tower (Mainly at the bottom), lots of resources especially wood, also i agree with Noonann way to much spikes. I recommend for future towers (archer towers) much more less resources also most towers don't need to be that tall. But i like the idea of how these would connect to another tower or base.

lepong_the_1st likes this.
  3. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

what the fuck is that?

-merged 00194484 hour ago-
    :eek: (fakemerge)

Jackard likes this.
  4. Errr...Its a tower.

5. Thanks for the ideas. The only reason I put the spikes on the diagonal part was because I thought that if someone DID try to bomb-jump from close range then that would kill them. I see now that this is unlikely. Your right about the collapsibles, so I thought that since my tower kind of 'leans over' I could build a smaller tower underneath it so that when knights got stuck outside of that the stone could be dropped.
    Yeah, I realize that the tower is only 4 blocks thick (excluding back-walls), but I feel like the point of this tower is so that they can't get close due to the archer spam.
    By the way, the bit at the top is for a cata.

6. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Give me 4 bombs and I could collapse it.
    Make the base thicker and add a bomb chute.

7. Taking into account all of your constructive criticism I have made a version 2 of my original tower. I kept wood usage to an absolute minimum, and spikes have been placed more sparing and effectively . To effectively utilize this tower, about 6 archers should be in residence at all times. Also, the archer bunker at the base is Alaiscool's creation.NOTE: The distance that I can build the diagonal bit has been drastically nerfed. Building V3.PNG

8. If this is the case:
    Then you might as well ditch the whole build. It's pointless to build a structure that requires 6 archers in it.

9. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

You're usually lucky if you have two or more archers in your team.

10. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Move the whole structure right 1. So the pit is one with the tower. No footholds.

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

lol what is that highly bombable thing at the bottom??

12. I see, so then you think I should make the whole thing smaller?

13. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Yes. Decrease the size, then that'll actually make more people take this building seriously because it has reasonable resource cost.

14. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

still too many drawbridges

15. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

It's a tower in the shape of an inflection.

Needs more spikes btw

16. I suggest you dump it or totally redesign the whole thing.

Jackard likes this.
  17. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It's quite easy to bomb down. From the bottom or from we're the spike trap starts or to be honest anywhere in the building. You missing one of the workshops, since your building focuses on archers, you need all 4 if possible. You can get out of the spike pit, and only loose 1heart.

18. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Pros:
    +nice base for archers
    +easily defended against knights (with no bombs)
    +good against bomb jumpers

cons:
    -resource heavy
    -knights have to climb all the way up to the top to get out
    -not that many spots for shops
    -weak against builders
    -weak against bombs
    -extremely weak against catas
    -uses those boost pad team bridge things (more of an opinion but boost pads can go suck a lemon)
    -easily greifed
    -no bomb chutes
    spike trap that can be vaulted out of AND jumped over