1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ARCH: The Archer Tourney!

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by rocker2, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Ladies and Gents, we present to you a competition to be talked of for ages, a test to determine the archer of the greatest skill in all of Arthur's Realm. We present you with:

***** ARCH *****
    What is ARCH?
    ARCH, or *Areo's and Rocker's Competition of History*, is a "1 vs 1" contest that will determine the best archer in Arthur's Realm. All are welcome to come, but you must have premium to participate. This contest is now open to non-premium members too! ;)
    How to win:
    Everybody will be randomly paired up to fight another archer. If you win vs that archer, you get paired up with another winner and fight them, and so on. The goal is to make it all the way up to the final round. The winner of the final round will be deemed the best archer in KAG and be offered an assortment of prizes. The runners up (2nd and 3rd) will also have a choice of prizes.​
    So how do I sign up?
    You don't even have to! Just show up at the designated IRC channel (#kag.arch) at the requested time [with your nick as your ingame name]. We'll pair you up, and you'll be good to go! (Of course, it does help to say you're coming in this thread)​
    Rules:
    1) No cheating (duh)​
    2) Don't be a spoilsport - keep your cool, even if you feel your loss was unfair.​
    3) Participants may not have a ping over 150 on the server.​
    4) Camping is not allowed (There are some pits in the maps - If you camp, we'll warn you. If you don't stop, you'll be kicked out)​
    5) Have fun! This isn't meant to be a place to get mad, just a place to get some friendly competition.​
    How it works:
    Once you show up at the IRC, you'll be paired with another archer. Once that happens, you'll be given a turn to go the server. You will be given three spawns each. If you win against that archer, you stay, if you lose, you're out. Every once in a while, we'll switch out for a new set of players. The winners will be re-paired, until there is no-one left and we have a victor!​
    Da Configs:
    *8 Slot USA East Coast server​
    *40 arrows​
    *3 hearts​
    *Randomly generated 100 x 100 flatmaps​
    *5 sec Warm Up​
    When is this?
    We don't have a date, but we plan to do this early May. Keep tuned to the thread for more updates!​
    Update: The current date we're aiming for is the weekend of May 11. This is not a solid date, just an estimate.​
    Prizes:
    *1-10 copies of Dota 2​
    *2 KAG Premium codes​
    *1 Mount and Blade: Warband Registration Key​
    *Possibly 1 copy of Starbound​
    *Possibly 1 copy of A.O.S​
    *Banners​
    *More prizes to come!​
    Sponsors:
    Cerbercre - Donated Dota 2 copies.​
    Rocker - Donated server.​
    Superblackcat - Donated Mount and Blade: Warband Registration Key.​
    Apronymous - Donated Premium codes.​
    Areo - Donated ass.​
    Staff:
    Rocker - Host/Original Idea​
    Areo - Co-Host​
    Cerbercre - Commentator​
    How you can help:
    *Donate Prizes (If you're one of the first 3-4 to do this, you'll be able to spectate the server and watch the match as it happens!)​
    *Staff the IRC​
    *We need a livestream and commentators! If you are willing to donate your stream, please post.​
    *Post here other things you think you can help with​
    - If you want to help, post in the thread what you want to help with (Keep in mind that if you staff, you can't participate in the actual tourney! [this excludes sponsorships]).​
    Check thread daily for updates!
    Our IRC is #kag.arch! Make sure to show up on time in order to participate in the contest!
    Thanks for reading this, and we hope you show up!​
    Rocker/Areo​
    ---------------​
    Keep in mind that you don't need to sign up here to participate, you just have to show up at the IRC at the stated time. However, it does help to sign up here so we can get an idea of who's coming. (* means that we are unsure that they can participate.)​
    ewox250, Karpovich, Guitarman, CrystalClear, nkChehov, Mazey, MorganBlahBlah, LucasTT, Superblackcat, *CookieEpic, Bammboo, *Alpha-Warrior, *Hella, *Maddog, SlashSlash, Shadewolf10, Alpaca, Froghead48, slimhusky, doohammer, feet, Zer0striker, jack-o-saurus, *Alistasia, Apronymous, butterscotch, Kouji; GalenMarek;

Gurin, SlyStalker, Kalikst and 9 others like this.
  2. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow

A copy of A.o.s (Ace of spades) on steam may be added to the prizes if we have a exhilarating tourney.

3. ewox250

ewox250 Shark Slayer

I want to join it ! :p

Agnar, DobryMurzyn and Ciasteczko like this.
  4. rocker2

Go head, show up at the IRC (#kag.arch) on the date we specify and you're in. ;)

Domis and ewox250 like this.
  5. Unsure if I am having less than 150 ping in USA East Coast.. Otherwise I'm in.

CrystalClear and ewox250 like this.
  6. ewox250

ewox250 Shark Slayer

Ok ,I will wait for it on IRC everyday :D.

Agnar, DobryMurzyn and Ciasteczko like this.
  7. Areo

Hope your ping can make it.

In IRC news: The IRC is almost done , in a bit we should be able to give out the link/irc name.
    Hope to see you there.

8. It'd be fun if there would be only 2 participants.

9. rocker2

Hopefully not. :oops:

Domis and Karpovich like this.
  10. Areo

So , we've got our irc up , and some additional tournament info:
    • A 1v1 match , whoever beats that match moves on to the next one. Example) 16 people , There are 8 winners which will convert to 4 , to 2 , t0 1.
    • 3 units.
    • on the opening day , We'll send you the password on IRC if you're competing.
    • Good luck , the IRC is below which you can hang out on.
    2$ fee entry
    Completely free.​

11. Im in

Agnar and rocker2 like this.
  12. rocker2

Domis likes this.
  13. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower

best duels, archer duels. Thx for organization! I'm probably in, if ping will allow me

Agnar likes this.
  14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

[​IMG]

Agnar, AdrianC, feet and 1 other person like this.
  15. morganblahblah

morganblahblah Catapult Fodder

16. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Nope,you are not.
    Edit:I'm in

Agnar, Evan5567 and CrystalClear like this.
  17. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So many tourneys these days. If it doesn't conflict with the others, I'll see about recording/streaming.

18. rocker2

Actually, if we get enough non-premium people to request to come in this thread, I'll see that we can include them as well (honestly, since this is supposed to be open to all of the archers in KAG, I feel sort of bad making it premium only).

Domis likes this.
  19. Areo

Rocker and me were planning on putting it on a date that would differ from the other tourneys.

20. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Cool, then count me in for whatever recording/streaming you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.