1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Take That...! Dev-Blog Post.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Froghead48, Apr 27, 2013.

1. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I didnt understand a word of that.....but it sounds smart.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

As a side note now that I've got your attention - MM and I don't do anything related to forum admin and sending us PMs related to that is a waste of your time and ours :) Don't do it. I dont care if you have multiple forum accounts, Furai might. I don't care if plzzz plzzz unban me plzzz i wont hack again, Furai might (probably not).

...Back to war testing, client's patched.

delankski likes this.
  3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Wait why did you need to patch the client? I was under the assumption that you not needed to work out server side bugs

Or maybe im just slow and a server update requires a client update too

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's funny how many people think the client and server aren't related.
    The server is running the same code as the client, it just has to do it for all objects in the game, and maintain one half of the network protocol - which the client has to be able to recieve and respond to correctly.

Any changes to the protocol (for example, a large rewrite...) require changes to both server and client, and any changes to game code require updates for both as well. The client contains the server (this is how local games work) and the server contains the client (though the dedicated server doesn't have a lot of the files needed to run a graphical client).

However, above, I had to patch the client for the same reason you have to patch classic - there was an update to be downloaded. In the beta we push out patches every few hours while we're working on it so that testers can test the most up to date version.

delankski, eamono and Froghead48 like this.
  5. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

The only jargon of that that didn't fly over my head was the stuff directly pertaining to UDP and TCP part, though for the record a slightly detailed explanation of the rest of it would be pretty interesting (Ideally from someone with less important things to do than Geti).

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. Ace_

Ace_ Horde Gibber

Geti, I don't wanna be another annoying fan, but I just wanna say I really like what I have seen you doing with Kag, and beta looks totally sick! I can't wair till it's out, and thank you for making such a great game.

Geti likes this.
  7. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No love for the other devs? MM made a whole lot of the game.

8. Geti

Hey I'll take any acknowledgement I can get, but yeah MM does a good 55%+ of the work directly on the game; wish he'd be a little more involved with the community side of things but he's a coding powerhouse (at least in terms of total output if not 100% bugfree glory) and dedicated as anything.

Sneaky clue: twitter

9. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

One can't go without the other. You two (and all the other guys, Shad, Dave, jrgp..) have done some good work.

Also, I checked out your sneaky clue. Hehe.

delankski likes this.
  10. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

That moment I tried to search every staffs twitter and forgot to search Max Geti Cahill . -_-
    Lol Then googled "Max Geti Cahill twitter"
    boom. :D
    And I has much followarz than you :p (Yes I'm a hipster)
    edit: jk I am not a retard hipster. and if you read this you are retard.

11. eamono

eamono Arsonist

So excited :D

Not going to spoil what the twitter says though,

Too bad I'll be at school :(

12. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Well, I'm sucessfully hyped up now. The clue revealed too much!

Guitarman likes this.
  13. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

This is bloody exciting.

Cirom likes this.
  14. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

For everybody who's incapable of finding it on their own:
    [​IMG]

15. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

After reading that Twitter post my brain exploded...twice...

Can't wait! Haha! (well...I can...but you know what I mean!)

Guitarman likes this.
  16. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Ah man, I already stayed up well past my bedtime with a late viewing of madrid dortmund last night, now this?...

17. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

I day dream about Kag 1.0 while working

18. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I evening dream about working 1.0 while kagging

Cirom and Apronymous like this.
  19. eamono

eamono Arsonist

one of the testers told me that there are some bugs geti doesn't know about and 1.0 won't come tommorow, lets hope that he's lying

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

The devs forgot to code the game, all they've been doing so far is make awesome concept animations.

Galen, Bammboo, XyellowX and 6 others like this.