1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ARCH: The Archer Tourney!

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by rocker2, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

As I said before, we do not have a premium code in the prize pool. Unless somebody donates one, it's not ging to happen.

On the other hand, if we do get one and you keep bothering people for it, rest assured, you will not get the premium code unless you win. In fact, if a already premium were to win, I would be inclined to give the code to an active community member, such as Feet.

Domis and Froghead48 like this.
  2. shadewolf10

shadewolf10 Shopkeep Stealer

Whaaaa? So the person who wins it can't give it to who they choose but who they compettion chooses?

3. rocker2

If a premium player wins the comp, I'm not sure that we'd necessarily want to give them the code, as it would be better to give it to someone who actually needs it. In this case, we would maybe give it to the non-premium player who ranked the highest. That said, we don't even have a code yet, so no worries for now.

I understand your point Shade, but if someone is going around spamming the thread for someone to give them the premium code when they already have premium with their ingame account will not be tolerated.

Proof:

Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 4.11.02 PM.png

Domis likes this.
  4. Alistasia

Alistasia Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I'll try to make it, though I'm pretty sure my ping wont be less then 150 :(

5. We can fight hug against each other Alistasia :3 I don't belive that my ping will make it!

delankski likes this.
  6. There will be a shit ton of amazing archers that cant play, lets face it, all the best archers are from Philippines, EU and Aussieland. USA rarely has good archers.

butterscotch likes this.
  7. EU, yeah. EU.

8. rocker2

Okay, updated the list.

It looks like we might get 1 or 2 premium passes this week, but we're not making any promises. The whole issue of ping is still a problem, but America's the best place to host, as it's right in the middle.

If your ping does happen to lag between 133-166, we're not going to kick you out. However, I still recommend that you hop on IRC and check your ping on the server.

:heart:

E: WE HAVE RECEIVED TWO PREMIUM KEYS!

Apronymous has kindly donated to KAG premium keys for distribution during the contest. Make sure to thank him, whether or not you win. The keys will be added to the prize pool. Apronymous will be listed as an official sponsor and given a chance to spectate the tourney.

Also, if you are one of the first 3-4 donors, you will be given the opportunity to watch parts of the match in real time while it's going by spectating on the server. Donate now before the spots run out!

Domis, feet and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  9. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

I don't have extra premium codes, I meant I already have premium and all the other games listed.
    </br>--- merged: May 2, 2013 4:08 AM ---</br>
    Will this tourney be recorded?

10. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

I will be able to donate a Mount and Blade: Warband Registration Key :)

11. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

:eek: now we're talking.

Konfitur and Superblackcat like this.
  12. I want to but when do the entry's close?

13. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

It's show up to attend, the list is just people saying they plan on coming.

14. What will be the arrow draw time?

15. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

wait, have you already decided on a time? if so, when, if not, when you do will you pm people?

Apronymous likes this.
  16. 12anger

12anger Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hey this event sounds pretty fun, if u need a commentator my skype and raidcall is san_lims add me if u need one

17. rocker2

AHHHHHH! SOOOOO MAANNNNYYY QUEESSSTTTTIOONNNNSSSS!

@Superblackcat - I accept. ;)

@Butterscotch - Entries are not closed - I've added you to the list.

@Karpovich - The default draw time, so you can just practice on classic servers.

@12anger - I'll see what I can do about that, we still need a livestream.

@Alpaca - No, we have not decided on a time, nor will we pm. The event is supposed to be for everybody, so it would be sort of strange to pm only the people on the list.

We're currently waiting for the whole freakout about the beta to be over - We expect that it'll take a couple more weeks before this happens, but anything is possible.

The event will still be on classic, as the vast majority of the playerbase still uses that engine. As soon as we have some more info, we'll post here again to fill you guys in.

Cheers.

Domis likes this.
  18. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Well, it would be really great for me if it wasn't this weekend, i have so much to do '-'

Apronymous likes this.
  19. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Likewise, studying for Physics B AP exam (it's on monday) , also I think this is my first indicator of my age that I've given on this forum?

Alpaca likes this.
  20. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ewwww. Default draw time is too slow for archer vs archer. Use the arl draw time. It was balanced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.