1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[748][Gen] Knight Combat Discussion

Discussion in 'Knight' started by LetsplayCmansez, May 3, 2013.

1. So I've been playing some Team Deathmatch on the beta, seems pretty solid. I've noticed that I'm not as effective as a knight as I am in 1.0, though; probably due to changes in combat mechanics.

One thing I managed to figure out was that there are three levels to a slash; I thought there were only two at first. Once I got the timing down to do a slash at maximum force, I was doing pretty well. Another thing I like is the running while shielding; helps with the archers. I also rebound my keys so I could use f for bombs again. :)

Overall, things are looking polished- good job, KAG team!

Anyone else have any thoughts?

2. Villekille707

Villekille707 Shipwright

Yep.
    I played a little bit of tdm earlier. The new combat mechanics are more skill based (I think), when I noticed that you can't just spam slashes and stabs so much, because you get stunned from hitting a shield. Also the stabbing seems to be little harder to aim and a bit unresponsive at times, but overall it's great fun. :)

3. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

double slash is a beast if timed right

Villekille707 likes this.
  4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

In the least harsh possible way

I'm bound to slip up and call it 1.0 at some point too by the way ;)

5. I was referring to KAG classic as 1.0, mane. If this is two, that would make classic one- no?

6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

KAG Classic was never named 1.0. For a while KAG Beta was named 1.0, but not anymore. It was quite confusing.

Anyway, Knight combat is much better in my opinion, it feels much more tactical (in the way that you can't just jab spam). With enough movement and shielding you can get out of a situation where three knights are surrounding you.

7. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Classic = KAG
    beta = KAB (king arthurs beta)

i like doing a downward stab, no one expects it because everyone forgets it exists :D

Digger101 likes this.
  8. Double slash has been extremely unresponsive, about 1 in every 6-7 attempts, anyone else getting this?

P.S. I could double slash 80% of the time in classic.

Digger101 likes this.
  9. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

That is because stuns are more likely to occur while charging, and since the charge time is soo long for double slash now...

Also, 80% in classic? I'm lucky if I get 10% of mine to work in classic. :rollseyes:

I3lue likes this.
  10. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Are you waiting until you supercharge your slash? I can get it every time.

I3lue likes this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Are you charing to second slash level? Because that's the only way to double slash in the beta.
    You'll hear a "shing!" sound when you have a double-charged slash ready.

12. Yeah, thanks guys, didn't know there were several charge levels.

And yes killa, 80%. I'm one heck of a knight.

13. JoshTG

jabs are unresponsive and lame, also shield seems to work half the time for me :/

I don't like not being able to cancel slashes with jabs, i don't like not being able to cancel slashes with shield...
    Right now, knight seems like

timing single slashes > any skill or strategy

killatron46 likes this.
  14. eamono

eamono Arsonist

the way it is in KAG right now,

jabs > slashes
    slashes > sheild
    shield > jabs

15. JoshTG

are you kidding me?!?!?! Jabs are horrid right now, so slow and awkward. Don't even get me started on trying to jab a archer

Apronymous likes this.
  16. eamono

eamono Arsonist

archers are too fast, thats not a problem with jabbing. And jabbing is too slow to prevent the massive jab-fest that was most KAG classic servers (I'm looking at you action unlimited). Jabs can disable people with drills AND do a good job against knights charging for a slash, and shield bash isn't in yet and i have a feeling that it will play along side jabs as an anti-slash method.

I said this on another thread but just give KAB some time, it's not even a week old and people are already bashing it for needless reasons

17. JoshTG

i realize its beta and its going to be rough but i HOPE it will be improved

*archer nerf
    *jab buff
    *cata nerf
    *buildtime on no water maps
    *CTF

Apronymous and Vaine like this.
  18. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

This x999

19. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I was thinking about the no build time thing and i was thinking, how about a no boats/seige weapons period in the start of a game? You would still be allowed to make the factories it just wouldnt give you the crate.

I can't tell you how many times I've won the game by building a boat withing 30 seconds and yelling at everyone to knight up and get in

20. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

I can't tell you how many times I've raged because everyone ignores me and minecrafts instead of attacking when i have gone through the trouble of making a wall, boat, and catapult while they made one saw and a nursery. I like the concept of the factories not producing anything, upon the start of the match everything starts up. However, even with this period people will still bumrush with the boat and cata. I myself think that certain technologies should be unlocked as the game progresses instead of all being available at the start. For example, a longboat unlocks upon 3 minutes or so passing, warboat comes at 10 minutes, and cata comes at 15-20. This would prevent rushing and promotes some form of strategy such as tunneling, or assaulting and laddering up/drilling through a tower rather than just spamming warboat and cata then winning the game in one minute.

eamono likes this.