1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[748][Gen] Differences of knight, KAG to KAB

Discussion in 'Knight' started by killatron46, May 3, 2013.

1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

A few things differing from KAB to KAG about the knight:
    EDIT: May 4th, added some more from contributors.
    • You can stab in 4 directions instead of 2(so you have to aim better).
    • You can shield in 7 directions while on the ground, and 5 while in the air.(again you have to aim better)
    • If you stab someone while they are shielding you get stunned. (Prevents jab spam from > all which is 25252525).
    • Bombs have one "throw speed", movement doesn't really effect how far they go, only the direction.
    • Stuns play a larger role in combat, once you stun your enemy quick jabs right after are very effective.
    • You collide with bombs, so you can block or move a thrown bomb with your body
    Post more differences you noticed and I'll add them to the list! :B):

Schizoid, Noonan, I3lue and 4 others like this.
  2. 16th

16th Bison Rider

another GREAT feature cutted in beta. :( bomb throwing was fun, now it's just not.

3. killatron46

No, its just different from KAG, KAB bomb jumping is more about vertical movement than lateral.

Just kidding, you have to relearn how to bomb jump in KAB. You can still pull some really nice bombjumps you just have to time them better, my favorite one atm is to lay the bomb down and jump diagonally and shield back right when it explodes, you go pretty far.

4. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Im talk about throwing, not bomb jumping. Opportunities of clever throwing is now significantly reduced.

5. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

They got rid of the slash charge ring,you have to look at the sprites to see when to Slash!?!??!!!?

Jomppexx and Konfitur like this.
  6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Also you forgot the new double slash.

Digger101 and I3lue like this.
  7. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

I have to agree, before you could throw bombs epically far by slash-vaulting before throwing it and your characters momentum would speed up the bomb. Now none of this matters and the bombs seem to drop the same way no matter what you do. :(

8. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

They don't drop the same way every time. To kill someone with bombs or to destroy something you need to time it correctly and throw it in the right angle.
    Is it so hard? It pretty damn obvious when your slash or double slash is ready.

9. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

I disagree. Especially when a lot of shit is going on, the ring on a layer on top of everything else really helps out getting your timing right.

Digger101 likes this.
  10. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I can see where you're coming from, but I still believe a ring is pointless, as you get used to not having it pretty fast.

cameron likes this.
  11. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Probably. I'm having some problems getting the "new" timing right as of yet, that's why I think especially when you just start playing this version it could be helpful. But let's see how it works out in the long run.

Digger101 and Lieber like this.
  12. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Another difference - There is no timer for bombs.

13. killatron46

You're right, the timer isn't visible--yet--however I believe as the devs get further on their list of to-dos that it will come with the polishing phases. For now just go by sound and intuition.

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is 100% intentional. The time a bomb takes to explode is a constant that you can just learn; no visible timer is going to be added.
    I'm sure scrub servers will add visual timers with mods, but we feel that actually learning the timing encourages players to actually learn the skill, rather than just remember "jump at 30".
    Removing held bomb jumping (more or less, still works with some specific key presses and a bit of lag) and adding stun when jabbing a shield were done for the same reason - we want to extend the skill cieling of knight (and archer) combat.

empdoch and Deuce88 like this.
  15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: bomb throwing - afaik your velocity is still factored into it, and if it's not that'll be re-added - it may be that it's thrown at somewhere close to its maximum velocity though.

16. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Also, you collide with bombs, so you can block or move a thrown bomb with your body.

killatron46 likes this.
  17. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

• bombs flash red when they are about to explode
    • position to shields matter in bombjumping, throwing a bomb up and then shielding with mouse above you propells you to the ground
    • bombs are way more destructive now or just more flashy
    • shield surfing dimishes quicker
    edit:
    • bomb shoot sparks from yellow to orange to red before flashing red then exploding

Digger101 likes this.
  18. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

After some good time playing, I love the new knight combat. It adds, as Geti said, a much higher skill ceiling to knight combat.
    Bombs not having a timer is fantastic, more skill involved.
    I agree with the decision to remove the charge ring. You need to learn the timing yourself, not look at something. In fact this means you'll be better in the long run as you will watch the actual battle more no the little ring.

:thumbs_up: Agree with all the changes in KAB for knight combat. :)

Digger101 likes this.
  19. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

In beta, will shieldbashing ever come back? I really hope not. Also, the bombs need more damage. It decreased from 6 to 4 hearts, and they are so much easier to survive now if you're a knight and you happen to be lagging. I like how the explosive radius is higher, but still, there needs more punch to the blast.

20. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

the bomb dont collide anymore, whats bad for dogs