1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Checking FPS problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Downburst, May 3, 2013.

1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've noticed some problems with the frames per second on my laptop.
    Making this topic to see if other people are having problems as well, and to get a nice indication of the system requirements of the KAG beta.

format:
    Code:
    [B]game version[/B]:
    [B]OS[/B]:
    [B]Resolution[/B]:
    [B]CPU[/B]:
    [B]GPU[/B]:
    [B]MB-RAM[/B]:
    [B]Description of your problems[/B]:
    game version: 747
    Resolution: 1400*1050
    CPU: Ci7 3517U
    GPU:GF GT620
    MB-RAM: 4GB
    Description of your problems: I get 20 fps when fighting with some people on boats. Lowering the resolution fixes the problems.

Contrary, I3lue and Chrispin like this.
  2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

It was mentioned that we should play at 1024x768 resolution due to some issues at the moment :)

Digger101 likes this.
  3. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

game version: 1024x768
    Resolution:
    CPU: Two 3.0Ghz Xeon
    GPU: Radeon HD 6850
    MB-RAM: 3.25 gb
    Description of your problems: I get horribleFPS (like less than 10) when lots of factories/boat battles are on screen

Actually, there must be something buggy about the client-side physics sometimes. My FPS can be perfectly fine in one part of the map with lots of workshops, then I go to some insignificant spot and find that my FPS has dropped to 1.

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Game Version: 1024x768
    Resolution: 1600x900
    CPU: AMD A8-4500M APU
    GPU: Radeon HD
    MB-RAM: 4 gb
    Description of your problems: Went on Beo's War and my shit slowed to a crawl. Couldn't move around. Had less than 1fps.

Chrispin likes this.
  5. Villekille707

Villekille707 Shipwright

game version: 747
    Resolution: 1600x900
    CPU: AMD Quad-Core A8-3500M 2.4 ghz
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6740G2
    MB-RAM: 8GB
    Description of your problems: Also at Beo's War, when lots of workshops (factories) were around the fps dropped to 1-2. Probably my resolution, because it ain't supported right now.

6. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

One thing I notice is that when my camera is all the way zoomed out AND while I'm looking at a fully-built enemy base, my FPS slows down to a snails pace (1 FPS on average).
    </br>--- merged: May 5, 2013 7:55 AM ---</br>
    By the way, the game is barely using more memory than my internet browser (Chrome at that!) and I'm stuck at about 30% CPU usage, so it's not like my computer can't handle this game. It's just not using all of its resources for doing whatever it is that is just so computationally intensive about this game.

7. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Game Version: 1024x768
    Resolution: 1360x768
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K 3.40GHz Quad Core
    GPU: EVGA GTX 570 1.2GB
    MB-RAM: 4 GB

I still have FPS problems. If you see my Specs, there should be no way in hell it should be lagging.

Chrispin likes this.
  8. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

WoW... after looking at the PC specs posted here I can tell that there's something wrong with the game and it wasn't just my PC. I'm usually fine aslong as I join a server with max 14 players on, otherwise my FPS starts to drop and I even start having lag spikes (that's because of my shit PC, mind you). One reason my FPS starts to drop for no reason, even with less than 10 players on, is when I have an enemy ship in view. Otherwise, it works decent enough and my PC is shit as hell, take a look:

Resolution: 1024x768
    CPU: AMD Sempron Processor 3000+ 1.80 GHz
    GPU: RAEDEON 9200/9250
    MB-RAM: 1 GB

Kinda glad that this drop in FPS is from the game, it means that my shitty PC can actually run it decently enough on servers under 12-14 players. Still, hope the dev's will be able to fix this at some point. :p

9. Pilou

Pilou Shopkeep Stealer

Game Version: 747
    Resolution: 1024x600
    CPU: Intel Atom 1,6 GHz
    GPU: Graphic chipset
    MB-RAM: 2 GB

I dont know exactly my fps, there is no lag when i'm alone, and lower fps in multiplayer as in alpha version when i let the landscape.
    It can be perfect if we can remove this background.

10. Krono

Krono Drill Rusher

Game version: 750
    Resolution: 1024x768 (I've also ran it at 640x480)
    CPU: Intel Celeron M 380 (1.60 GHz, single core)
    GPU: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
    MB-RAM: 2GB DDR2
    Description of your problems:

The game is pretty playable at the very beginning of the match with minimal FPS drops. It will even continue to be quite playable for a while even after there are many buildings established and other miscellaneous entities are wandering about, but eventually everything bogs down horribly and the game becomes nigh unplayable. At first, I just stopped going to the frontlines and stayed behind to keep a steady supply of wood and food, but nowadays I can't even manage to do that because the game is always slow as molasses even when I'm underground and far away from everyone/everything.

I was meaning to ask whether or not the game was going to have such demanding minimum requirements from now on, but seeing other people with much better specs than mine having the same problems as I do is somewhat reassuring. This is perhaps one of the only good MP games (besides emulator netplay) that my 9 year old laptop can handle, so I'm hoping an optimization of some kind is already in the works.

11. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

game version:This has happened the entire Beta
    Resolution:1920 x 1080
    CPU:AMD FX(tm)-6120 Six-Core Processor ~3.5GHz (Its overclocked to 3.65 GHz)
    GPU:GTX 680 2 GB
    MB-RAM:10240
    Description of your problems:Im not getting any signifigant FPS issues, just this game is overtaxing the hell out of my computer when there is any significant amount of anything happening. Whenever I run this game, my CPU and GPU almost never dip below 85%, and my GPU has frequent artificing errors and crashes. No other game does this to my computer, even Tribes or Battlefield (which I run on the highest settings). I've yet to test this with the newest build, as I can't find server with more than 10 or 12 people in it.

Downburst likes this.
  12. OS:Win XP SP3
    Resolution:1024 x 768
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 ~2.8 GHz
    GPU: Radeon 9700
    Ram: 1 Gb
    Description of your problem: Game works like a charm on TDM, I don't drop any fps on death match servers. War servers are different story though. It's ok when there's less than 15 players connected to server, my frames per second are between 20-30. But when 15th player joins server, it goes to shit. My fps drops to less than 10, game's pretty much unplayable.

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Resolution:1024 x 768
    CPU: AMD 2.2GHZ
    GPU: GeForce GT610
    Ram: 2 GB

Computer is from 2005, been modified a bit, I can run different games pretty well, KAG causes sudden frame drop, it seems that more players join the faster it drops, there might be a lot more issues.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  14. Knutsen

Knutsen Catapult Fodder

This is the system requirements according to Gamersgate

• OpenGL, 64MB graphics card
    • 2GHz CPU
    • 1GB RAM
    • Windows XP
    • Intel Mac
    • Mac OS X 10.4 or later

15. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Reporting issues for Relic and Vogie (Posted under another thread)

16. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There were a lot of FPS and general performance improvements since this thread started. Can you compare and report back on how it has improved or not?

17. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

How do you see FPS, I know it is in bottom right but it is not there for me, only when I open the game?

18. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

I've recently noticed that my CPU usage is down, and I'm partly sure that the reason its still as high as it is is because Em usually doing other tasks, so, yeah it went from 85% with only the game to 25% with game, TS3 and music, its way better.

19. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

game version: 909
    Resolution: 800x600 (I know it is not suggested but I cannot fit the game in my computer's resolution otherwise)
    CPU: Pentium 4, 3GHz (or 2.99GHz, it seems confused as to if it has that extra 0.01! pfft!)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
    MB-RAM: 2GB
    Description of your problems: On a normal game it starts out great with such a good framerate I could uncap the frames no problem, but by midgame things start to get closer to 10-20 FPS from the things across the map like shops, particles, arrows, and such. Endgame is normally really bad but that might be for other reasons.

The HUGE lag factor I found just now is that a lot of times things like catapults lag the game to bits, a single catapult brings a game's framerate down to 3-5 FPS for me! Which is insane! Also Drills appear to bring it down to maybe 10-20 on their own? That might just be the cause of the battle being rough?

20. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

game version: 909 and most builds
    Resolution: 1280x768
    CPU: AMD E-450
    GPU:AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics
    MB-RAM: 2.61GB
    Description of your problems: I get 16 and lower fps when fighting with people if the server has more then 10 players, the starting game is fine and the i've found no fix :P.[/quote]