1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[748] Differences of Archer, KAG to KAB

Discussion in 'Archer' started by killatron46, May 3, 2013.

1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

A few things differing from KAB to KAG about the Archer:
    • Right click to use Knife, does quarter heart of damage facing the enemy, or 3 hearts from behind. (Maverick is a derp!:p)
    • Arrows don't go as far.
    • Getting arrows from trees is still about the same, but you don't eat the tree down to nothing, at the very least it falls over and turns into logs for builders.
    • The three charges of arrows are slightly different: Low charge does 1 heart of damage from above and half heart regularly, Medium charge does 2 hearts of damage from above and half heart regularly, Full charge stuns and does 2 hearts from above and 2 hearts regularly. If arrows of any charge loose too much speed they seem to do half as much damage.
    • Hiding (holding S)doesn't' work as well. :(
    • Fire arrows and Fire Satchels, be very careful with these, lighting things on fire is a privilege not a right!
    I covered the base ground here, help me to fill in any gaps I missed.

Enjoy the King Arthurs Beta!:)

UnnamedPlayer, xChapx, Gofio and 3 others like this.
  2. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Good list, though about the back-stabbing hit, it does 3 hearts from behind only if it's done to another archer. If you use the knife on a knight from behind it only does 2 hearts.

killatron46 likes this.
  3. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Whis those new fast movment you need just jump back and forth through the enemy and spam knife hits. :(

4. killatron46

Ah, I didn't realize that. Fixed.

5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Don't forget satchels/fire arrows?

killatron46 likes this.
  6. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Also, I'm not too sure if the "hiding" [holding S] is a good thing or a bad thing right now, some comparisons:

[ KAG ]
    > Body goes to corpse sprite
    > Identified by head not being in the "fallen down" position, head would always look up when hiding.

[ KAB ]
    > Body goes to a more "hiding" sprite, not the corpse sprite
    > Head is in the "fallen down" corpse position, so it might be easier to trick others.

7. There's a flying glitch with archer

8. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

theres a flying glitch with everything. Also reporting a flying glitch isn't really relevant is it? its not a skill or difference that was implemented no purpose.

Digger101 and Cirom like this.
  9. eamono

eamono Arsonist

arrows can be shot our of the air now

ParaLogia likes this.
  10. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I just checked the archer code ("Base/Entities/Characters/Archer/ArcherLogic.as"), it appears the "2 hearts on the back of a Knight" is false. The code says the archer deals "3.0f" (Assuming 3 hearts as a float variable) no matter what when dealing a backstab.

jlordo911, GloriousToast and One like this.
  11. qpKillerqp

qpKillerqp Haxor

I think that fall damage has also been reduced?!?!just saying
    And no more sticking on trees,you climb but can't stay there :P

Sorry if any of these information where wrong,but that's what I realized :rollseyes:

12. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I thought it was 3 hearts no matter what too. When I asked about the dagger the first time played, the person said: "The back stab instakills any builder or archer. It does 3 hearts to the knight, though."

Digger101 likes this.
  13. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Also, you cannot shoot fire arrows on your own, a fire source (lantern) needs to be under you, or you need to have it in your inventory.

14. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

You can also hide behind ladders.

15. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

How do you stab with the archer. Also the bomb timer was removed on purpose was the archer timer remove as well on purpose

16. killatron46

Right click. I added it into opening post.