1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to make the war gamemode better.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NKking, May 4, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I am keen in making KAG BETA War mode better and my opinion is that it has a few main problems first is bugs and second is that with time match turns into a sandbox mode until players start to leave the server. Classic have bombjumpers and catas to deal with that problem, both of these things could turn the dominating side in to a loosing one. To fix that sandbox problem in BETA Devs must add something that will give team a massive boost.
    My idea is to add gliders, they were invented by Leonardo da Vinci in that period of time on which KAG is based. I've seen how people are using flying bug to own the opposing team and that is op, so to prevent people from just flying over the enemy base and spamming arrows there should be something like atmosphere in which player is allowed to fly. Gliders should also descend and have low health, so they can be stopped by 1 archer shot.

Now I want to hear your ideas!

Moved to more appropriate place. ~Galen

2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

if 1 archer shop can stop the glider it would be pretty pointless

I think that instead of a glider there should be a propeller type thing, it would be kind of like the drill in the sense that it has it's own factory and 1 factory means 1 propeller will be out at a time, when you have the propeller you hold RMB to charge it up, when you release it it will send you flying up the air, the height dependent on how long you charged it (maybe max charge time is 7-10 seconds and it would shoot you up 15 blocks?) It wouldn't let people just fly 50 feet above your base and drop bombs but it would still be able to get people past enemy walls.

NKking likes this.
  3. NKking

It is a good idea , but with propeller ,
    1) It is defiantly stronger than glider ( archers cant 1 hit destroy ).
    2) I gives the same abilities like flying bug just with time limit.
    3) I is slightly off , from the main theme of KAG ( Leonardo da Vinci also invented drill and it looks the same as in KAG with wooden handle and sharp bit at the front).
    4) It is much more easier to implement glider because it uses the same mechanics as knight shield.

4. eamono

eamono Arsonist

you missunderstood me, i meant that you hold propeller, charge it up, and it will make you go 10~15 blocks straight up, then you are free to glide around (going left and right while slowly falling) until you A: hit the ground, or B: are attacked.

NKking likes this.
  5. NKking

Hmmmm
    OK.
    Then about materials , because it defiantly shouldn't be made out if metal +something that can easily be destroyed.
    Yeah I think it can be a chopper; it will just be a bit more hard to program.

6. TheWhiteKnight

TheWhiteKnight Ballista Bolt Thrower

actually leonardo da vinchi drew designs for a spinning helicopter thingy maybe that could be implementer in like eanomo said also i think it should have 2.5 hearts of life.

NKking likes this.
  7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I can't find the public version of the video, but Ardivaba has already been working on a da vinchi helicopter for some months now. I don't know where he's up to, but this was his progress back in December:

Also, there were some plans around the same time to maybe make some kind of giant sling-shot that could fling gliders into the air so that you could make air raids or have dog-fights. I don't think anything like that got made, but if you wanted to take the idea and mod it, please feel free.

NKking likes this.
  8. whatever1works

whatever1works Drill Rusher

1. They should make an option to change the size of window, because as it is, i cant see my health or inventory or anything, and it is SOO frustrating not knowing you are on 1/2 a heart of health. On that note, i think they should bring back the 'bed' from classic, there's no better method of quickly healing (also i have no idea how your supposed to heal in KAB :rollseyes:)

2. Also, they should make it easier to actually GET ON the boats, i find trying to get back on the boat if you've fallen off just impossible, and i usually end up dying and missing out.

3. I think they put the charge rings back, especially for achers, because i never know whether ive fully charged a shot or not. Some of you might say, "well you just get used to it", but for a new player (which im not) its going to be really confusing. And it means im never 100% sure i have a fully charged shot (especially if you play without sound)

9. NKking

1) You heal by eating stuff. (maybe they can add something like a doctor and when you give him crops he makes potions :3). I think that is more realistic than just eating and regaining health.

2) There should be something like team door that might help( maybe something like gate brige in castles. which goes down and then up.

3)I don't mind how it is done , but I prefer to play in window and now I cant do that ,because the recourses bar hides behind the start bat at the bottom of the screen in win 7;8.maybe it should be optional where to place it?:rollseyes:

10. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Your resolution is wrong. I believe the correct one is 1280x720 or something around those lines.

11. I think the idea of a glider is good,but on the other hand it would be OP unless your saying that items can't be thrown such as bombs, or use a bow while gliding from it. Because if not then the glider would be a very interesting mechanic

12. TheWhiteKnight

ok here is what i think would be a perfect "air machine" or "glider"
    basically you need to build a catapult and a glider
    launch glider off catapult
    glider goes REALLY fast
    but not for a long time (about the length of a normal bomb jump)
    you cannot attack while you are in glider, but you can jump off whenever u want
    when you jump off glider will spin upwards and crash land some time later
    gliders can be reused unless they have suffered severe collision from the ground
    glider has 1 heart
    what do you guys think?

13. NKking

My idea was that the gliders scroll cost a lot, maybe 250 gold and it takes it a few minutes to be invented in a shop. Because it is like a real glider you take it in your hand, go to a large structure and jump. When you jump Glider uses the same mechanics as the warrior's shield does, but with larger flying time it slowly descends and while that anything can 1 shoot you on a glider you can go up while flying but only if you first went down to gain speed. To make it fair there should be atmosphere of some sort and if player will glide out of it he starts loosing harts. You can attach bombs , kegs all other small stuff it has 4 squares of storage and it is hanging at the back so anybody can shoot it. There was an idea of a helicopter, it can be used the same, just at the star you charge it up and fly up and then glide down an a larger angle than glider. Then after some time you need to charge it again. The helicopter fly more in a zigzag way and should have durability so you ant just fly left and right.

14. TheWhiteKnight

nice idea NKking!
    what about gregs from zombie fortress tied on ropes attached to a glider?:p

15. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Ardivaba made one of those in beta, I wonder if he still has it..

16. NKking

I don't know how ZF mod will look like, so no ideas; when it will be released in beta I will make another topic or rename that one.
    Greg as a flying horse :3
    </br>--- merged: May 7, 2013 4:19 PM ---</br>
    Yes I know but glider is different :3

17. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Why do you think I quoted the post about the helicopter, not everything in this thread has to be about the glider.

18. NKking

Just throw some ideas in, will discuss them.

19. whatever1works

whatever1works Drill Rusher

Another idea: What about something like a pump, so you can pump water in/ out of an area. That way you can more control over where you want water to go.

20. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I like this idea, but with inf. water this is more of a greifing tool than a useful thing. If they're gonna add terraria-style water they better do it fast so they don't break everyone's maps

Mods: Rainbows