1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Are you changing class for the beta?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaine, May 4, 2013.

?

What's your class?

1. Knight

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Archer

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Builder

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

What do you think of all the class changes? Are you considering changing your primary class?

Vote which class you are changing to, or staying as

2. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

It's beneath me to choose easymodo so I still won't play
    Archer.

3. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I've switched to archer, which I only actually ever played about 3 times in a year of classic :P

Digger101 likes this.
  4. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Well I don't have to change my Primary class... :rollseyes:

Though it is a lot of fun to play all of the classes still, its too early for me to say which is my secondary and tertiary classes.

5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I play all classes :3

I play knight when we have too many archers/when I feel like it
    I play archer when we have too mane knights/when I feel like it
    And I play builder when my team mates are incompetent and decide that we need 5 saw mills and no nursery

Apronymous likes this.
  6. I play builder a lot now *my primary was a knight in classic* but ever since the update I feel like the new builders can do a lot more to benefit the team other than making 2 towers and a bombshop. now they are a completely vital part of the team.

7. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

^ lol at poll showing knight is useless. Liek teh kid in school noone talked to.

Lets just remove knight. rename archer to ninja, and be done with it.

8. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You win the Stupidest Post in the Thread award. There is no prize.

Digger101, Vaine and Apronymous like this.
  9. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

Stupidest? in what way. poll shows a whooping 15% of players want to play as knight. while in classic it was more like 50% knights and 15% wanted to play as archer.

Now archer can stand up against knight in melee, while having many things knight doesnt have - ranged attacks, higher mobility. tree climbing and so on. What does a knight have? 1 fucking bomb. how cool.

next time write some explanation. writing something is stupid, without saying why is retarded.

10. Lieber

A whooping 15%! Wow! Wait, only 26 players voted. This poll is not accurate. And since you want an explanation of why your post was stupid, even though it was probably a joke (mine was too, mind you) is the "Remove Knight".

Awesome, let's remove Knight so we can play Minecraft and Snipers.

Digger101, Vaine and Apronymous like this.
  11. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Pada, I highly suggest you to think of your choice of words before talking to someone who knows what he's talking about, and also, as knight you can carry up to 2 bombs around. You'd just need to open your inventory, put one there and carry the other one around.

12. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

^make him a title "knows what he talks about", because a single post which only content is saying an other persons post is stupidest in thread without any explanation, doesn't show me any knowledge at all. At least i cant see it in that one sentence. And only strong words in my post, was quote: "writing something is stupid, without saying why is retarded" And i stand by that. telling something like "Your mother was a hamster" without any follow up on why do i think so, has the same intellectual quality his post had.
    Fixed.

Oh thanks about the bomb tip, didn't know it.

13. Lieber

The Archer's aim distance has been gimped. It's not really a sniper anymore, it's dagger takes a hell of a long time to kill people and Builders can't fight. Want to remove Knights?

14. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I was a god knight in Alpha. I was a big noob as archer.
    Now I am a epic and sadistic archer and a noob knight.

15. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

I find myself moslty playing as knight despite the fact that my favourite class was always builder.Feels so clunky and sluggish now,before it was easy to build,hard to get resourses,now it is the opposite.Constant glitching of blocks gets really annoying and sometimes buildings collapse by themselves(maybe it has something to do with doors).

Also I really enjoyed playing archer,but now he seems extremely wonky too.I miss charge-up ring.

Apronymous likes this.
  16. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Switched from archer to builder because inventory management (fire) is tedious and mounted bow is awesome

archer = superfluous

17. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Corp to corp :
    4 years old archer > Skilled knight > Builder

18. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I use all classes,but I have a routine to which I usally follow:
    • Start off as Builder; building,repairing,collecting resources etc
    • Then going into combat(Knight) fight them off and then change if repairs need to made.
    • Be archer if we are attacked at base OR Just to be it for fun.
    But I would have to say Knight as primary and Builder as secondary.

Apronymous likes this.
  19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Knight all the way, the destruction abilities r bst. I also get to massacre the noobs spawning at the edge of the map crying "OGM STOP SPAWNKILL" I go builder sometimes though when we have absolutely no one playing it.