1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to make the war gamemode better.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NKking, May 4, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I agree; if they add terraria water mechanics, so people can start working with mods and maps. It would be great.
    </br>--- merged: May 8, 2013 12:45 AM ---</br>
    Maybe there should be pipes, so it is more RP. Alsoit can be used as a mod for RP servers to make waterfalls and rivers at the top of the mountains or just in general cool stuff. It can help with fire extinguishing on war servers.

2. TheWhiteKnight

TheWhiteKnight Ballista Bolt Thrower

as i remember terraria water mechanics were a little bit laggy and u could dupe water...
    anyway about glider thingy
    i think the catapult shouldnt be the cauncher because it would be unrealistic and not so fun
    unless what about a scroll that you can buy which is bassically wings on a ballista bolt?
    that way someone can be the guy who aims & fires the ballista
    someone can be on top of the glider
    and someone can drive the ballista
    also when the glider launches you will be on top of it not under it
    you will "glide" on air and youl be able to slightly go upwards or downwards using a and d keys.
    eventually the glider will run out of speed and stall
    you will have to turn the glider to the ground to gain some speed and then pull up.

ALSO you know how there are 2 boats like the little viking boat and the big warboat
    how about there is an airship as the big warboat and the glider as the little viking boat also if someone could make make whith a very big chasm in middle so you would be forced to use airship/glider.
    airships have ballons and a little fire under them if you place log into the fire it will burn hotter and ship will go up if you remove log the fire will burn cooler and ship will slowly descend the log will burn out in 30-45 seconds.
    also the airship will have a little motor on the back
    in order to power the motor players will have to use wood as fuel
    the motor will need 1 log every 30-45 seconds or else the engine will stop
    the ship can be taken out by either damaging the balloons which takes about 2-3 fully charged arrows
    or by destroying the hull which will have 2 bombs or 5 fully charged arrows
    overall the airship is medium fast, not very armoured, doesent have much protection, but you can fly :B): and rain firey arrow death from above
    also one last thing, if the airship goes to high the balloon will freeze because of the cold air and it will plummet down very fast
    it will be very hard to recover (added this to remove sky-camping;))

3. NKking

Hmmm, I like the idea of airship but again, there must be atmosphere or something like that so archers could at least shoot AND REACH the airship or glider. Also I don't think there should be motor; maybe propellers which can use the same mechanics as longboat; so it is more RP. Plus maybe people cod make different parts and then put them together to make airship. Next, what about the material for the air balloon ? We don't have anything out of what we can make silk. and last there should be a separate mod for airship battles. :3

4. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I don't like the idea of having to "gather" materials to build something big, seems like something out of a mod.

If they add a flying device make it simple, no "oh-no you forgot to light a fire to keep the balloon afloat" or "you need to make grain into fiber, fiber into string, string into melted plastic forks fabric, fabric into wings, and you take 2 wings, a plane base, and 9 russian burgers and you can make a plane".

I wasn't saying that we should copy/paste terraria water into KAG, im saying that water should be a finite resource, water flows, water doesn't spread. and either way terraria water wasn't any laggy-er then KAG's water right now and it took a considerable amount of effort to dupe water, like being 100+ blocs away or having a series of pipes.

Apronymous likes this.
  5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Terraria water way more on servers. Meanwhile, I was able to makes floods like this with relatively minor lag.
    [​IMG]
    And water duping in Terraria was extremely easy. You literally only needed one block, and a bucket

6. TheWhiteKnight

if using logs is such a bad idea why not remove them completely? how about unstead of logs and motors we use a motor which someone has to turn the handle on to make it go forwards or backwards just like in boats also there should be multiple handles so you can go faster.
    about the balloon.
    unstead of logs all you will need now is a lamp if you place it on a shelf under the balloon the balloon will slowly gain vertical speed
    then if you click on "turn lamp off" the lamp will turn off and ship will begin slowly going downward then click "turn lamp on" and vice versa...
    all in all you will need 2 people to run the airship 1 for the handle-motor and 1 for the lamp duty. But if you are skilled enough you can try to pilot it yourself although that would be tricky :p
    also some new ideas: storage room for the airship which contains 6 slots
    maybe inbuilt ladder that allows you go on top of the balloon
    not sure if this is a good idea but a slot where you can put rocks so the airship will bomb the ground similarly to a cata
    airship can only carry a certain amount of people & weight (crates, ballistas ect...) if you have lots of weight on it, it will become slower to gain altitude but faster to lose it and if you overload it, it wont lift off at all

PS i know KAG doesent have silk so how about sails from boats? (as in not actuall sails but balloons made out of sails)
    EDIT: im russian :r_flex:

7. NKking

To much complexity + you telling about complex and tricky controls . right now people can't even figure out what happened they were running through the base and keg exploded (drill+ keg =RIP).

eamono likes this.
  8. eamono

eamono Arsonist

what NK said, maybe when if (super ginormous if) they make tekkit KAG edition you can submit that idea

9. NKking

I agree to complex stuff wont work as I noticed people are too dumb. not a big surprise eh. maybe a separate game mode might work.

10. whatever1works

whatever1works Drill Rusher

I like the glider idea, but honestly i think its the simple things that make or break a game. At this point, i think the game DESPERATELY needs to make it easier for mobility getting onto a team boat, and better ways of standing and moving around the boat, especially the war boats.

11. TheWhiteKnight

now that i think about it, i agree!
    what if there was a gamemode (much like WAR but in the air)
    basically each team has a wooden port on each side of the map with 5/7 trees and some water/gold/stone they make glider/airship and fight each other, to win destroy base or walk on their port

12. NKking

Boats were fixed.
    </br>--- merged: May 10, 2013 4:05 PM ---</br>
    Yes that could work.

13. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoRrbfn7us4
    The Airscrew.

14. NKking

Thanks for finding that video.
    Hmmm I was imagining it more like spiral da Vinci helicopter.
    Charge it up and go straight up and then descend.
    [​IMG]

Froghead48 likes this.
  15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

How did you get the HUD in the upper left corner working? It doesn't appear for me.

16. eamono

eamono Arsonist

If they made this make it hand-held, I want this game to be about knights v archer not mega helium balloon that runs off of logs v robot charziard

17. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

That would be Build 681 your looking at. things were different then ;-;

18. NKking

I am just showing how it looks like.

19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

PHEH!
    KAG is based on the medieval age, which is 500 - 1500.
    More precisely: 500 - 600, which is the time King Arthur would have lived in according to the stories.
    Leonardo da Vinci was born in April 1452.
    Now go study your history.

Apronymous likes this.
  20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

That's good, because modding in a game where you already have access to giant drills, teleportation, crates falling from the sky and rampant sharks in small freshwater lakes is totally limited to one particularly short period of history, and therefore impossible to implement anything that ever came from a period outside of that, such as zombies, or aircraft, or a giant Donkey Kong, etc.

Froghead48 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows