1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Hyperactive Teamswitch

Discussion in 'Help' started by Zuboki, May 9, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Hey, I just started up my own server (with the aid of jackitch) and was amazed and excited to see people rushing in to play! I just had one minor issue...

The autobalance kept on throwing players back and forth constantly! It was unbearable- particularly for creating a good clan practice environment. I went to look at the default team balance script, but it looks like a jarbled mess. I tried deleting the script from the gamemode rules altogether, and it spawned me as a grey builder member of no team. Not desirable!

So, if anyone could help me by telling me exactly what changes would need to be made to disable or at least limit the autobalance, I'd be greatly appreciative!

Also, semi-related- is there any known way to stop a player from joining a team that has, say, 2 or more players more than the other team? Besides manually turfing them over to the other team, of course. Say we have a 5 v 2 situation, and someone joins, it will naturally send them to the team with 2. Is there any way to stop him from hopping over to make it 6 v 2?

Thanks in advance!

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I can't find any autobalance settings atm, I've already reported the bug. You could turn on autoassign teams to prevent the 2nd thing from happening.

3. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

I never had a problem with autobalance in the servers I had joined- just the one I'm hosting, which implies that there's a fix possible currently. As for autoassign- Yes, that initially tries to balance teams when players join. But my question, as stated above, is it possible to actually restrict players from joining the larger team?

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Everything is possible, just script it. (:

PinXviiN likes this.
  5. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

After a bit of experimenting, I can see that for low values of players, the game doesn't let you unbalance teams, forcibly switching you back, as vanilla functionality. It also, however, doesn't let a player go spectator when under 5 people are on. A thoroughly annoying bug.

I'd still like to disable the in-game autobalance (not the autoassign on join, that can stay). It looks like the code for it is in the "DefaultTeamBalance" script file, but I'm honestly inexperienced with scripting in general. I'd imagine commenting out whichever line calls the function in the first place would take care of it, but I really don't know where to start, and am afraid of breaking the functionality.

If anyone can decipher what to edit to turn off autobalance, please post it here. I'm sure it'll help more than just me, as this isn't the most exotic request. Furai- I'm glad scripting can do everything, but just saying that isn't helpful in the least.

Kovett, Froghead48 and Downburst like this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey